• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

olive oil

njdevil13

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i read somewhere that once an EFA is heated that it turns into a bad fat for your body. is this true? because i always put some olive oil in my pan to make stir fried rice.

if i cant do this, can i still stir fry just without the oil? thanks.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about that but if you are worried you can always use canola oil. Ive heard that is the better oil to us in stir-frys anyway.

njdevil13 said:
i always put some olive oil in my pan to make stir fried rice.

if i cant do this, can i still stir fry just without the oil? thanks.
It depends on the oil and it's stability at different heats as to if heating will damage it or not....

In using olive oil (which is not a good source of EFA's - it is mostly a monounsaturated fat but that is not the point) it is actually a good oil to cook with - being a mono-unsaturated fat it does not become oxidised as readily as the poly-unsaturated fats (think walnut or linseed oil) and will therefore not 'go bad' at the normal temperatures you will reach in cooking in your kitchen.. You can also 're-use' olive oil for cooking without it being damaged...

So, if you want to, go for it....

coconut oil can take alot of heat before it breaks down.

thanks for all the advice. i think ill dry cook it though. maybe add the olive oil to the salad just to be on the safe side.

njdevil13 said:
i read somewhere that once an EFA is heated that it turns into a bad fat for your body. is this true? because i always put some olive oil in my pan to make stir fried rice.

A Chef once told me to use Safflower and/or Canola oil for High Heat (frying) and Olive oil for light heat (sautee) and/or dressings. i went on a search 2 find more Olive oil answers of my own and thought i'd share..... :)

-- Heat Olive Oil, ok? Yes but "Light heat cooking" only is recommended and Not recommended use is.... 1.) heat repeatedly 2.) extended periods 3.) to smoking point.

-- Olive oil a significant EFA? not a significant source (as mentioned earlier) it contains 10% (Omega 6) and 1% (Omega 3).

--How much EFA in Calorie form? If using Olive oil for your dietary fat (and fats represents 30% of your calories.) then you would get 3% of calories in EFA form.

can i use fat free spray to stir fry in place of the olive oil to make a nice healthy dish(chicken and rice)?

stir frys make up 1/2 of my meals. they taste delicious :thumb:

njdevil13 said:
can i use fat free spray to stir fry in place of the olive oil to make a nice healthy dish(chicken and rice)?

stir frys make up 1/2 of my meals. they taste delicious :thumb:
Yeah you can, but just know that if you use enough of it then it is not fat free... It is only the stupidly short 'serving size spray time' that makes it ok for the company to put on the label that it is 'fat free'...

Personally, if you are not going to use a good quality oil then I would dry-fry in a good non-stick pan.

Emma-Leigh said:
Yeah you can, but just know that if you use enough of it then it is not fat free... It is only the stupidly short 'serving size spray time' that makes it ok for the company to put on the label that it is 'fat free'...

Personally, if you are not going to use a good quality oil then I would dry-fry in a good non-stick pan.

alrighty, i think i have one of those. i cant take my rice or lentils unless i stir fry them. if i boil then eat them, its :barf:

The way high heat makes olive oil a "bad fat" is that it can get hydrogenized by too much heat. It then takes on the trans formation--as opposed to the cis--and trans fats are not good at all.

Back