• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Gaining Mass

Gmore

Gomez
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey every1. Im looking for a way to but on weight. im around 5ft 10 and weigh little over 9 stone, i visit the gym regually and although i am getting stronger i struggle to actually gain mass! looking on the internet i found a little about steroids and dianabol particually caught my eye as it seems to be essentially a mass building drug. Could anyone whose taken it let me know of there experiances, how to aquire it, or a better substitute.

Gmore said:
Hey every1. Im looking for a way to but on weight. im around 5ft 10 and weigh little over 9 stone, i visit the gym regually and although i am getting stronger i struggle to actually gain mass! looking on the internet i found a little about steroids and dianabol particually caught my eye as it seems to be essentially a mass building drug. Could anyone whose taken it let me know of there experiances, how to aquire it, or a better substitute.
Dont even think about steriods yet, you should gain loads of weight by training and eating right (and then after a lot of self research on steriods can you even think of taking them).

You need to eat lots of food (protien rich) about 5-6 times a day (if not more), dont worry about eating clean (low in fats) to much because you obviously have a very fast metabolism and need calories to have surplus requirments for protien to do anything (or it will be used as fuel and just burn off).

Keep a diet sheet and stick to it, I would say eat 3500 calories a day then adjust from there (i.e. if you dont gain add another 250 calories then another until you see a steady increase).

Use only compound movments for a while....long while

You could try this full body workout

Squats 2*8-12
Bench press 2*6-10
Rows 2*8-12
Seated Shoulder Press 2*6-10
Calf Riase 2*15+
Barbell Curl 1*8-12
Str Leg Deadlift 1*8-12

After take 3 full days rest then repeat, go to failure (on sets stated)and do a few warm ups beforehand.

Use perfect form.

Cheers pall il give it a proper go for a couple of months. Any idea where i could look for inforation on the right foods to eat and perhaps how to create a diet sheet. I try to drink alot of milk and where possible i will eat fish and eggs but apart from that i havnt got a clue. Some people say eat carbs others say protein. Also as i would find it difficult to manage 6 meals a day would it be advisable to too have pehaps 3 substatial meals a day and 2-3 high protien shakes to make up for the other meals? P.s what are compound movements and should i eat 6 meals a day 7 days a week?

Thanks for your reply uzi9, it has been really usefull.

Ask the girls in the diet/nutrition area of this forum to help you. Jodi, Emma and Deadbolt are all experts on the diet.

Gmore said:
Cheers pall il give it a proper go for a couple of months. Any idea where i could look for inforation on the right foods to eat and perhaps how to create a diet sheet. I try to drink alot of milk and where possible i will eat fish and eggs but apart from that i havnt got a clue. Some people say eat carbs others say protein. Also as i would find it difficult to manage 6 meals a day would it be advisable to too have pehaps 3 substatial meals a day and 2-3 high protien shakes to make up for the other meals? P.s what are compound movements and should i eat 6 meals a day 7 days a week?

Thanks for your reply uzi9, it has been really usefull.
Yes you should eat 6 meals a day 7 days a week.

Compound exercises are the exercises that work multiple muscles at the same time i.e. The bench press work the pec,delt,tricep (pec mainly, delt and tricep secondary but they still get quite a bit exhausted from it). Squats are your most important off all (free weight), learn perfect form.

An example of what I eat EVERY DAY

Meal 1 8a.m
4eggs on toast
1 pint of milk
1 banana

Meal 2 11 a.m
Protein drink
Ham sandwich

Meal 3 1 pm
2 tuna sandwiches
banana

Meal 4 3.30pm
1 tuna sandwich

Meal 5 6pm(Big dinner)
250g of meat at least (steak/chicken/turkey
Loads of past/rice/potatoes
Vegetables
1 pint of milk

Meal 6 9pm
4 weetabix
Protein shake

Also I snack out on crisp/cakes etc every day

Thats all a diet sheet is.

Eat about 1 1/2 grams of protein per pound of lean bodyweight every day.

Eat LOTS you have a fast metabolism, so have I, I eat crisp, cake etc and don???t get fat (not saying its health for you but its such an easy way of getting calories and I am eating all the protein I need from the good foods).

Read labels on the back of food for nutrition information to count proteins/calories..

Your so light in body weight I wouldn???t worry about counting carbs you will easily get enough from all that food you should be eating (bread from sandwiches/pasts etc.)

I hope this helps

Last edited:
Uzi9 said:
Str Leg Deadlift 1*8-12

Stiff, not straight. You risk hyperextending the knee if you remain straight, and it wont do much for your hamstrings.

Mudge said:
Stiff, not straight. You risk hyperextending the knee if you remain straight, and it wont do much for your hamstrings.
Yes thats what I meant although I always put STR leg Deadlift in my training log out of habit.

Ok im going to have a go at using the full body workout you gave me last week and also have a bash at eating all that food. im going to sort it all out this week so i know exactly what im doing and start monday. I was wondering though, with the workout why does it seem to be concentrated on lower body, is this the quickest way to gain weight or is it just a way to use more muscles in one exersize ( compound exersize)? When i have been going to the gym i have been doing virtually ony chest and arm exersizes as these are the areas i want to develope most. Should i try to add more exersizes in these areas or just stick to what youve given me for now?

A big chest and no back wont look very good at all. If you want to trigger the body into growing optimally then you train the whole body.

I hope you aren't just doing bench presses and bicep curls, because if you are you dont need to look at steroids you need to start from square 1 - how to train. Then, how to EAT. You have to eat whether you take steroids or not, if you want to put on weight.

IML Gear Cream!
Like mudge said... you have to train all your body if you want it to grow at best.. Your body doesn???t really want to grow out of proportion i.e. you never see guys with 21inch arms and 21inch thighs, its almost impossible.

Try the routine I suggested... training chest more doesn???t necessarily mean it???s going to grow quicker, more isn???t always better...people I knew who like you wanted big arms never trained legs and their arms didnt respond much no more, but when they started to squat hard their arms grew.

Instead stick to that workout, chip away at it as hard as possible, keep a log of how many reps you do on each workout and weight lifted, after you go above the rep range then add 2.5kg-5kg to the bar, that is the essence of progressive resistance training.

Trust me you don???t need to do anything else at this point.

Last edited:
Cheers lads, like i say ill give it a go for a couple of months and i do train hard when i go so i should see results quite fast as ill be eating proberbly double the amount of food i have been, i had no idea you had to eat that much! Thanx for the advice.

Gmore said:
Cheers lads, like i say ill give it a go for a couple of months and i do train hard when i go so i should see results quite fast as ill be eating proberbly double the amount of food i have been, i had no idea you had to eat that much! Thanx for the advice.
To get big, you have to eat big.

Back