• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Advice for a college kid

Metman07

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been working out for several months now. I've tried to eat healthy, but it's hard when I'm at college, which is hundreds of miles away from home. I absolutely suck at cooking etc. and my food preparation skills are pretty limited to say the very least. Also, I don't have much time to spend in the kitchen.

At home it's not a problem because both my parents are health freaks and they love to stuff me full of wholesome and nutritious food. I always gain faster when at home. Plus, I'm usually much more free when I'm at home so I always eat like it's my job.

So could anyone suggest a diet of stuff that it's easy to prepare and doesn't take too long to prepare? At the moment I drink protein shakes and I take vitamin pills to supplement my diet. I've been eating a lot of Hungry Man meals because they're easy to make and they have lots of protein. I know that eating a lot of frozen food isn't that great for you.

So any suggestions of some really easy to prepare food loaded with carbs and protein that I can find at the local supermarket?

I'd consider myself a hard gainer. I'm still pretty skinny and I'm trying to add bulk. I'd like to add 20-30lbs. So I don't think I have to worry too much at this point about getting too fat. So don't worry about recommending a bulking diet that may potentially make me fat.

Thanks

Oats are always good! Easy and quick. Veggies don't take much skill, i prefer them raw anyhow. Most canned beans (black, kidney, etc) can be cooked in a microwave. Stagg makes this "Chicken Grande" chili that is soo good. 40/40/3, c/p/f split.

You can even cook eggs in a microwave. They get a bit dry but salsa cures that. Precooked chicken is great, eat it cold or hot. Tuna of course. Whole wheat couscous is easy to cook in the microwave as well (heat water, put in couscous, let absorb,done).

Thats pretty simple stuff, no? Loads of others too. If you have an oven/stove at your disposal the possibilities are even greater.

I would say ax the Hungry Man though!

Thanks for the reply. And yeah, I do have a stove, oven and microwave.

Can't go wrong with Oats (carbs); they are cheap. Eggs (protein, fats) are cheap as well (at least here they are.. $0.91 this week for 18 extra large!). Just hard-boil a bunch of them and keep them in the fridge and nuke'em when you're ready to eat them.

I'm a college student who sucks at cooking too. I started cooking chicken breasts (about usually $2/pound) and brown rice (both may be considered kind of time consuming though; the rice especially, but you can cook 2 cups and keep them in containers to microwave when ready to eat like the eggs), and that is a lot of what I eat. Also, getting a blender makes things convenient as you can make quick shakes that are loaded with protein and/or carbs. Check out the Healthy Recipes forum for some of my posts on these.

its easy, all you need is some dedication and motivation..........

Metman07 said:
I absolutely suck at cooking etc. and my food preparation skills are pretty limited to say the very least. Also, I don't have much time to spend in the kitchen.

So could anyone suggest a diet of stuff that it's easy to prepare and doesn't take too long to prepare? Thanks

-- On a Budget? Supermarket Shop on sale days. (find out from ur store?) When meats go on sale, buy in bulk. For example: a Big package of chix breast, thighs or drumsticks....(u can't eat 10 or 20 right?) Take out of the package and freeze separately on a baking sheet, plop those frozen morsals in a Freezer Zip Lock Bag and Freeze again. (They will freeze separately now.) Then when ur ready 2 eat, just take out what u need. Works like a charm. :)

-- No time? i would suggest investing in an expensive "crockpot"...they sell them at thrift stores for nickles. Prepare ur Crockpot meal b4 school or the night b4 (refridgerate) then in morning plug in and come home...it's ready.

-- Chicken Tip: don't forget to remove Chicken skins before cooking. They r just as good without the skin if not better and a sure lot healthier. ;)

I know what you mean, I'm in university as well, I stick to the basics:
eggs for breakfast w/ oats
3 shakes/day
chicken breast seasoned w/ mrs. dash (you get bored of it, but oh well they have different flavours)...this stuff is easy to make (prep time is about 35-45 mins)

Alaric said:
I know what you mean, I'm in university as well, I stick to the basics:

ok...ok...no time for Home-made cookin in College? :shrug:

Neither does my friend, a busy Batchelor, who likes to cook things on the Fly (people 2 see...places 2 go!!!) :p His "Batchelor Meal" is a "Bagel Sandwich" -- Slice of Chix/meat, Chz, Veggies, & a few shakes of Tobasco 4 a spice kick!... put in warmer, get hot & melted and ur off 2 the Party scene!!!
;)

Back