• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Please Critique my increased bulking diet?

Kracin

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok, i was gaining for a little bit there but seem to have stopped at around 189-191 lbs (been showing that for 2 weeks about now) so i have upped my diet and changed things around a little bit. id appreciate some feedback on what i can do for it since the fats are a little high for my liking but its kinda unnavoidable when eating this amount. ill put in absolutely everything i use/eat so it can be done right.

7am
1 scoop whey
5 egg whites 1 whole egg
2 cups oats (1 or two strawberries added sometimes, doesnt really make a difference though)
3 flax oil caps
3 fish oil caps
animal pak multi-vit
EC stack(still like to use it to get the fat burning while i work and such and has kept things in check for me as well)
(on the off days i take my creatine once in a morning)
2 bananas

10 am
homemade protein bar made up up 2 cups oats 1 tbsp natural pb, 1/8 cup sf maple syrup, and 1 scoop whey, comes out to be
510 claories, 16g fat, 61g carbs, 34g protein

1 pm
4 oz chicken breast
2 cups oats
celery/veggies
3 flax oil caps
3 fish oil caps

4 pm
4 oz chicken breast
2 cups oats
veggies
(below also if its a workout day)
animal pak
CEE with grape juice + glutamine

7 pm (post wo meal as well)
4 oz chicken breast
2 cups oats
2 scoops whey
3 flax oil caps
3 fish oil caps
CEE with grape juice

10 pm
1 cup cottage cheese
and i cut out the tbsp of PB i was having with this because i was using it elsewhere and didnt want the extra fat from it. im getting plenty of fats, just upped the carbs

should come out to around

Total -
Calories - 4554
Carbs - 558 g
protein - 337 g
fat - 93 g

this was after not gaining for 2 weeks at around 4100-4200 and about 500 carbs. thanks for any future replies

are you doing cardio? if so, i'd cut it out to help your gains.

do u guys cook ur oats and eat them plain without brown sugar? .. i find it tastes like ass and the aftertaste makes me wanna cut myself

hah, sorry no can do with the cardio thing. i basically work up a sweat all day long by keeping my pace up at work (makes me a lot more money anyway). but i dont do any extra cardio though, i was doing cardio when i wanted to cut, and got down to 5% bf. going to get it tested in about a 2-3 weeks though, so it will be a 2 month wait on seeing BF and weight. i hope to be about 195 by the time i go get my bf done again at the hydro tank.

and i eat my oats with just boiling water put into them (and a shitload at that, i almost have to use 2 glasses with the oats), sometimes i add in some strawberries chopped up, but usually just with the morning and only every once in a while.

how old r u kracin? and u went from a 54 waste to a 34 :O:O .. how much did u weigh b4?

You need to expand your carbohydrate horizons!

19 right now, was 18 when i was 350 lbs. i went down to 179-180, and now im up to about 190 (still cut enough after putting 10 on to show my abs).

lol carbohydrate horizons? as far as im concerned oats are the best carb you could ever get. but i do equal a meal of oats with sweet potatos sometimes or something else like that to change it up if i dont feel like eating them.

Kracin said:
lol carbohydrate horizons? as far as im concerned oats are the best carb you could ever get. but i do equal a meal of oats with sweet potatos sometimes or something else like that to change it up if i dont feel like eating them.

I personally think that you would see better results by replacing at least 2 of your meals with other carbs option.
Oats very low in GI, and since your bulking you need to add some high GI carbs like Brown rice or potatoes (sweet potatoes or Red, new potatoes), Yams..

You know how much I love oats ;)

I don't mean to be facetious but it may come off that way....

How is it that you were 350 a year ago when you seem to be super-ecto?

i was wondering that too... lol like wtf???

IML Gear Cream!
I used to be the same way when i first lost weight, well lost too much and had to gain back. But i was at 110lbs and was eating 3500 cals a day and maintaining but for the most part of before and after i have and avg. to slower metab. Its just his body reacting to the sudden weight loss most likely.

overthepond said:
I don't mean to be facetious but it may come off that way....

How is it that you were 350 a year ago when you seem to be super-ecto?

ecto? how do you see that? im pretty sure im meso lol, i have a big frame and have always naturally had lots of muscles. i guessyour thinking tha tbecause i have to eat so much to gain anything? just take it as a good example of exactly what you can eat and keep weight off if your eating right.. and ive been big since i was a kid......

Last edited:
oh and sara, i just had sweet potatos tonight instead of oats :p like i said before i switch things around every once in a while hehe

sara said:
I personally think that you would see better results by replacing at least 2 of your meals with other carbs option.
Oats very low in GI, and since your bulking you need to add some high GI carbs like Brown rice or potatoes (sweet potatoes or Red, new potatoes), Yams..

You know how much I love oats ;)

I thought sweet tatos and brown rice were low GI. brown rice has a GI of 55 and sweet potatoes are a little bit lower than brown rice..

njdevil13 said:
I thought sweet tatos and brown rice were low GI. brown rice has a GI of 55 and sweet potatoes are a little bit lower than brown rice..

They are low in GI but not as low as the oats.. oats around 40

Kracin said:
oh and sara, i just had sweet potatos tonight instead of oats :p like i said before i switch things around every once in a while hehe
OMG I almost bought the 50 lbs. bag of rolled oats today!!!
50 lbs. for 14.95

First, I do not agree that you need to swap 'low GI for high GI' simply because you are trying to add mass. That really has little to do with your ability to add mass. You might want to swap some of your carb choices to increase your variety and to get a greater variety of nutrients in your diet, but the GI alone is not a problem.

Also the GI of brown rice, sweet potato and oats is all HIGHLY variable (being 'natural products', how they are grown and stored wil vary it, as will cooking etc... all three of these things range from the high ranges of low GI - which is 45-55 to the intemediate GI range of 55 to 75). For example, some oats CAN be as low as 42 ish, but are usually up about the mid-fifties, with the mean being about 58.... Brown rice ranges from 50 to about 87 (mean about 55) and sweet tato has a mean of ~61.

Secondly, when speaking in terms of whole-grain/un-processed, high fibre, natural foods, that are in a mixed with fats and proteins and when they are consumed during a normal day (that is, if they are not consumed first thing in the morning on an empty stomach), then the exact GI is relatively insignificant. Infact, the GL is much more important (this is the load of glucose you get from a serve), but the most important thing is that you PICKED the natural, un-processed, high-fibre, highly-nutritious food in the first place! ;)

hey emma, how much do you think gi goes up on say steel cut oats if you precook them a few days in advance, store them in the fridge, and heat them back up later? It cant be that much of difference is it?

thajeepster said:
hey emma, how much do you think gi goes up on say steel cut oats if you precook them a few days in advance, store them in the fridge, and heat them back up later? It cant be that much of difference is it?
Oats are odd - they have a patricular resistant starch in them that makes their GI properties relatively stable in the face of cooking. So, I would assume that the GI would not alter hugely based on this....

Plus, as I said before, if you are eating it with all those other things (fibre, proteins and fats) and in the middle of the day, any slight alteration in GI will be rendered as even less significant.

Back