• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Fat Spillover During Short Carb-up/Refeed

M.J.H.

Obsessed
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am doing NHE as a few of you already know. This diet is 100% Atkins style eating and then every 3-4 days you carb-up, or refeed for a meal or 2. Well last night was my 7th day on the diet and every day I felt leaner every single day.

After carbing up yesterday on pasta and low-fat sauce, cereal with skim milk, some sugary candy and fat-free pretzels, and a pint of low-fat Ben & Jerry's, that was it. Lasted about 90 minutes long. Just ate till I felt full. Took 900mg of ALA and 25mcg T3. Of course during this big meal I was pouring sweat because I think my metabolism really went crazy with all the incoming calories and carbs.

Today I feel very soft/flabby. Is it possible to get substantial fat spillover in an hour and a half?

MonStar said:
Today I feel very soft/flabby. Is it possible to get substantial fat spillover in an hour and a half?
No. Despite everyones thoughts it is actually very hard to create a situation of massive de-novo-lipogenesis due to very short term carbohydrate overfeeding like that one... Especially if you are coming from a low carb, hypocalorific state...

You usually just stuff your glycogen stores and increase thermogenesis substantially.... Here are a few studies:
Over-feeding
In females

And, even if you do get some lipogenesis, the amount would be insignificant in terms of your total body fat levels and you would not visually notice it.

How you feel may be a combination of your psychological thoughts as well as water retention (you ate salty foods + lots of carbs).

Wow, great articles! I am going to post the first one.

Nutritional influences on lipogenesis and thermogenesis after a carbohydrate meal
K. J. Acheson, Y. Schutz, T. Bessard, E. Ravussin, E. Jequier and J. P. Flatt

In vivo lipogenesis and thermogenesis were studied for 24 h after ingestion of 500 g of carbohydrate (CHO) in subjects who had consumed either a high-fat, a mixed, or a high-CHO diet during the 3-6 days preceding the test. CHO oxidation and conversion to fat was significantly less in the high-fat diet group (222 +/- 5 g) than in the mixed (300 +/- 13 g) or high-CHO diet (331 +/- 7 g) groups, resulting in a greater glycogen storage in the high-fat (278 +/- 6 g) than in the other two groups (197 +/- 11 and 170 +/- 2 g). Net lipogenesis occurred sooner and lasted longer in the high-CHO group, amounting to 0.8 +/- 0.5, 3.4 +/- 0.6, and 9 +/- 1 g of lipid synthesized in the high-fat, mixed, and high-CHO groups, respectively. The thermic effect of the CHO load was 5.2 +/- 0.5% on the high-fat, 6.5 +/- 0.4% on the mixed diet, and 8.6 +/- 0.4% on the high-CHO diet. Significant relationships were demonstrated between the postabsorptive nonprotein respiratory quotient and net lipogenesis after the CHO load (r = 0.82) and between net lipogenesis and the increase in energy expenditure (r = 0.71). It is concluded that the antecedent diet influences the amount of net lipogenesis and the magnitude of thermogenesis after a large CHO test meal. However, lipogenesis remains too limited even after such large CHO intakes to cause an increase in the body's fat content.

What are these..."Took 900mg of ALA and 25mcg T3"?

Back