• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Concerned about bulking diet(stomach expanding)

shiznit2169

flawless
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys, i have been training for about a month and a half now. Since then, i have gained 12 pounds and i am seeing gains and improvements. I feel bigger and much stronger than before and i eat like crazy(3000-35 cals a day). My ratio is 25%Fat/45%Carbs/30%protein. However, i am noticing that i have some stubborn fat on the belly area. I am getting worried and my mom even pointed out that im getting a belly so i wanted to post my bulking diet and see what you guys have to say about it. I'm not getting like FAT but like it's just seems like bigger than before. I do plan on going on a cutting diet as soon as i hit 200-210 pounds and reach the size i like. I also do ab workouts twice a week but i know abs is all about the diet. I'll post my stats

18 years old
6'1
176 pounds
18% BF

Meal 1(Breakfast)
1 banana
1 scoop whey
1 cup milk
bowl of oats(2 cups) w/ 1 cup milk
1 multi-vitamin
3 fish oil caps

Meal 2(mid-morning)
Fruit
nutri-grain or protein bar

Meal 3(lunch)
2 slices whole wheat bread
4 slices deli meat(consists of turkey/roast beef/ham/cheese)
1 apple

Meal 4 (pre workout) (afternoon)
1 slice whole wheat bread
1 deli slice (turkey)
1 cup milk

Post workout(evening)
2 scoops whey in water
2 cups juice

Meal 5(dinner)
(my biggest meal of the day..it's usually meat like steak/pork/roast beef/ chicken or pasta. I also have side dishes such as soup, salad, sweet/regular potatoes, corn, peas, broccoli...etc)

Meal 6(night)
Fruit (only on workout days)
1 can tuna
3 fish oil caps

Meal 7(before bed)
1 scoop whey
1 cup milk
1.5 tablespoons PB or cottage cheese

Any suggestions or should i not worry and it will go away when i cut?

dont worry about it, as long as your gaining at the rate you want, your going to be getting a 1:1 ratio of muscle to fat most likely as thats how it goes with most people unless they are at the perfect amounts, but they will still gain some fat. it just comes with the territory, the heavier you get, the more fat you will get. if you didnt gain any fat, eventually youd be at 250 lbs and 2% bodyfat which would be just plain unhealthy.

I wouldn't be bulking at 18% bf you will be in the 20% range in no time

I wouldn't be bulking at 18% bf you will be in the 20% range in no time

How come? Like i want to get bigger in size first and then cut. If i cut now, i'd be like skinny cut, not like well-built cut.

See my gallery..the one that says (4 weeks training) i'm just a little bigger than that right now so should i stop bulking and cut is what you're saying LAM?

shiznit2169 said:
How come? Like i want to get bigger in size first and then cut. If i cut now, i'd be like skinny cut, not like well-built cut.

See my gallery..the one that says (4 weeks training) i'm just a little bigger than that right now so should i stop bulking and cut is what you're saying LAM?

I would focus on getting your diet in check and learning how to eat properly before bulking. your current bf is already a sign that you need work in that area. when you bulk at higher bodyfats you will gain more fat than muscle.

I am experiencing the same thing. I am also bulking and have noticed my stomach expanding. I eat as much as you do if not more some days. I have only been training about a month and half also. I guess we need to just give it time. See what we look like in six months.

I would focus on getting your diet in check and learning how to eat properly before bulking. your current bf is already a sign that you need work in that area. when you bulk at higher bodyfats you will gain more fat than muscle.

what's wrong with my diet and a trainer at my gym said the average bodyfat for a man is 12-18%. So i dont understand what's so bad about it unless you explain to me.

So you been training just 6 weeks eh? Shit dude you have some good genetics.
Your diet ain't too bad. Depends how serious you are and want to get. If you really want to learn about nutrition then go on a cut, ask all the usual questions of the Guru's around here and you'll learn heaps about how to eat clean when you go back to bulking. As for whether you should cut or not, only you know the answer. If you feel your getting a gut, then obviously you need to clean up the diet or drop the cals a bit.

IML Gear Cream!
shiznit2169 said:
what's wrong with my diet and a trainer at my gym said the average bodyfat for a man is 12-18%. So i dont understand what's so bad about it unless you explain to me.

18% is on the high end especially for an 18 year old. the fact that your are gaining fat in your stomach is a sign that either your cals are too high or you are eating too much of the wrong kids of foods.

you need to incorporate more whole foods in your diet. more oats, rice, beans, etc. less bread and more veggies

LAM said:
18% is on the high end especially for an 18 year old. the fact that your are gaining fat in your stomach is a sign that either your cals are too high or you are eating too much of the wrong kids of foods.

you need to incorporate more whole foods in your diet. more oats, rice, beans, etc. less bread and more veggies

I agree. 18% is not just high for an 18yr old, it is high for anybody!! I think the guidlines for BF% get raised to encompass a new generation of out of shape/overweight americans. I would aim for getting down to a healthier 12%.

You defenitly don't want to bulk at 18%, like LAM said, if you focus on your diet you can really alter your body composition.

You diet isn't balanced at all and contains things you don't need, like juice, nutrigrain bars, deli meat. You need to get a good meal plan together and focus on healtheir sources of food as well as balancing that food out of 5-7 even meals.

Ya i understand what you're saying now. But it sucks how you're saying i shouldn't be bulking at 18% because i want to get bigger in size. I am still skinny with a little gut and i have a very fast metabolism.

You diet isn't balanced at all and contains things you don't need, like juice, nutrigrain bars, deli meat. You need to get a good meal plan together and focus on healtheir sources of food as well as balancing that food out of 5-7 even meals.

So what do you guys suggest i should do for an 18 year old? Should i completely stop the bulking phase and lower my calories and eat more oats, rice, beans, etc. less bread and more veggies like you said LAM? Are there any journals or sites that you know a typical 18 year like me should eat that could help me out?

Thanks

By the way, my training is great. I gained a lot of knowledge and know what im doing. I wish my mom was like Jodi or Emma and she would tell me what to eat..lol. My diet is crap i guess :pissed:

shiznit2169 said:
Ya i understand what you're saying now. But it sucks how you're saying i shouldn't be bulking at 18% because i want to get bigger in size. I am still skinny with a little gut and i have a very fast metabolism.

So what do you guys suggest i should do for an 18 year old? Should i completely stop the bulking phase and lower my calories and eat more oats, rice, beans, etc. less bread and more veggies like you said LAM? Are there any journals or sites that you know a typical 18 year like me should eat that could help me out?

Thanks

By the way, my training is great. I gained a lot of knowledge and know what im doing. I wish my mom was like Jodi or Emma and she would tell me what to eat..lol. My diet is crap i guess :pissed:

you have a fast metabolism yet you are 18% BF? Do you have pics because either you are not 18% and the person that took your BF is way off or you are delusional.

Read the stickies and try adn come up with a healthy eating plan.

also, the leaner you get the bigger you will look. One your nutrition gets in order you will defenitly start to lean out and look much thicker.

you keep saying you want to get "bigger." if fat is not an issue then keep bulking. if you want to gain lbm then lower your bf first. as lam said, the more fat you have, the more fat you will likely put on when you bulk.

you have a fast metabolism yet you are 18% BF? Do you have pics because either you are not 18% and the person that took your BF is way off or you are delusional.

Read the stickies and try adn come up with a healthy eating plan.

also, the leaner you get the bigger you will look. One your nutrition gets in order you will defenitly start to lean out and look much thicker.

lol i'm not delusional. I had my BF% checked out at my local gym and they used a caliper(i think thats what its called) to check it. But they only did it in 3 spots.

LAM or P-funk, if you guys are on a cutting diet is it ok if u guys post your diet?

-Rich

shiznit2169 said:
lol i'm not delusional. I had my BF% checked out at my local gym and they used a caliper(i think thats what its called) to check it. But they only did it in 3 spots.

LAM or P-funk, if you guys are on a cutting diet is it ok if u guys post your diet?

-Rich

have them do a 7 site test.

here is what my diet is (I am cutting for contest right now)

meal 1
6 whites
2 whole
.75c oats

meal 2
2 turkey burgers (or 8oz of lean beef, 8% fat)
1c brown rice
salsa
veggies

meal 3 (post workout)
1.25 scoops whey
1c oats

meal 4
5oz chicken
6oz sweetpotato
veggies
7 fish caps

meal 5
1.5 scoops whey
1tbsp natty pb
.75c oats

meal 6
5oz chicken (or tilapia)
1c brown rice
5 fish
veggies

meal 7
5oz chicken (or can of tuna)
romaine lettuce
1tbsp Newmans own oil & vinegar

totals:
3292 cals
306.96g protein
273.5g carbs
97.25 fat

So this guy is at 18% body fat already and is bulking. My bet is he has not reached his maximum size that he can obtain just from maintaing and lifting. Is bulking even needed if you have only been lifting for say a year and eating enough protein and what not to repair muscle. Does this question make sense?

Back