• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Measuring Rice (Cup Size)

Alaric

Hungry
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I just found out that I've been doing some of my calculations quite wrong. I found out that there is 186g in a cup (all this time I thought that there was 90g in a cup). So I'm trying to figure out a way to measure my rice.

I've been using whey protein scoops to measure rice (it says 30g's per scoop), but then when I compared that same scoop with the ones that come in cell tech (they are identical), the cell-tech label says 50g. How do I decide which number to go by, or how do you guys measure your rice?

why not just use a measuring cup itself?

Lol cause I don't have one, I never knew they had measuring cups (I'm 18, and an f'in retard when it comes to cooking lol).

You can buy one at the grocery store. ;)

haha, wow thanks you just saved me a drive and a half. was about to go driving around town looking for "cuisnary stores/schools" hahaha

And just to be clear on something. So if I use the scoop to measure oatmeal, then say I use it to measure cell-tech powder. That same scoop can result in 30g's of oatmeal, but 50g's of cell-tech powder, correct?

or Walmart.....They'll be by the baking pans and bowls. Or the isle with spatulas and stuff.

Alaric said:
And just to be clear on something. So if I use the scoop to measure oatmeal, then say I use it to measure cell-tech powder. That same scoop can result in 30g's of oatmeal, but 50g's of cell-tech powder, correct?

Right... people keep trying to act like grams are volume. Cup, tsp, milliliter, etc... all VOLUME. Grams... weight.

go buy a digital scale... it will solve all of your problems. You wanna go by weight, not volume, because different foods have different volume, for example a cup of beans will have alot of empty space, between the beans and weigh lets say 100g, then a cup of oats will have much less space inbetween because they are smaller and weigh say 200g.... big differences there, thats why i just use scales. You can find a good scale at a department store like walmart or something.

IML Gear Cream!
Walmart has those scales too. LOL

When did it become so difficult to measure rice that we need a thread on it ? :hmmm:

when ppl are "f'in retards at cooking" haha

Back