• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Sweet Potato Chips! And low GI Food.

Sh8kin said:
Came across these babies in the store today. What do you guys think?

http://www.terrachips.com/products/product/767.php

Only thing I see is they kinda high in fat..

Also I saw some of these products. Anyone have any experience with this company. They make low glycemic products for people with diebetes.

http://www.fifty50foods.com/products.html
I've tried both of these product lines.

Terra plain sweet potato chips - good stuff. and you can use your own herbs and spices to flavor them up. all it is is sweet potato and canola or safflower oil. not too bad, if you can stick to one serving haha! But they're SOOO good. :)

the 50/50 stuff - eh. a lot of it has sugar alcohols :fart:, and the other lot of it is sweetened with fructose, so it depends on what you want to do about sugar. the fat content on the chocolate is high, regarless.

GoalGetter said:

Terra plain sweet potato chips - good stuff. and you can use your own herbs and spices to flavor them up. all it is is sweet potato and canola or safflower oil. not too bad, if you can stick to one serving haha! But they're SOOO good. :)

the 50/50 stuff - eh. a lot of it has sugar alcohols :fart:, and the other lot of it is sweetened with fructose, so it depends on what you want to do about sugar. the fat content on the chocolate is high, regarless.

no sugar alcohols for you missy.

:fart: :toilet: :help: :barf:

GoalGetter said:

Thanks for the 50/50 tip. I'll try to stay away from them. I think I read somewhere that alcohol suger is EVIL! :evil:

I can see myself eating that whole bag of chips. Especially if they are as good as you say! They also have some sort of "Mixed Veggie" chips.

I just need to spend an hour one day in the whole health food aisle and stake out everything they have. :)

Sh8kin said:
...They also have some sort of "Mixed Veggie" chips.

I just need to spend an hour one day in the whole health food aisle and stake out everything they have. :)
be careful, not all of them are as plain as these plain sweet potato chips. there is a lot of salt, and starches and flours and stuff. just look at the ingredients for the other two flavors offered for the sweet potatoes. it's ridiculous. depending on what your diet is for (cutting, pre-contest, etc.) you might want to review the ingredients carefully.

The plain sweet potato chips seem to be the most harmless i've seen in terms of ingredients. just sweet potatoes and canola and/or safflower oil. no salt, no sugars, nothing else.

stuff like this is stupid

ALL THESE "PRETEND" foods are stupid.

there is no magic savior.

just be strict and eat real food as often as you can. picking pseudo-healthy snacks is just a cop-out.

EAT REAL FOOD for REAL GROWTH.

surftrip said:

just be strict and eat real food as often as you can. picking pseudo-healthy snacks is just a cop-out.

This should be obvious, unless you dont understand bodybuilding nutrition at all, in which case, well here you go.

surftrip said:

i agree. but once in a while you wanna NOT cook or wanna NOT have to invent a home version of something. There is nothing wrong with always keeping an eye out for suitable alternatives to cooking at home, or for a treat once in a while without going overboard.

p-funk and i make our own sweet potato fries/chips with different seasonings, from sweet to spicy. they are awesome. like he said - the best part of the diet. :)

surftrip said:

:yes:

Back