• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

starting fit challenge need help!!

sxyeyes105

Rebecca
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey everyone! I have a few stupid questions that i need to understand before I begin my challenge. Please help!

First off to let everyone know
19yr old female
5'4
trying to lower bf%

1. I've been reading through forums and I've read how people are eating Oats. I know this is a stupid question but is it the same as regular flavored oatmeal??

2. Should I be drinking my protein shake (1 scoop powder w/ 8oz. glass of skim milk)

3. Should I mix anything else in it.

4. If I should be consuming 5-6 meals a day and I should have 1300-1500 cal/day, how many should I have at each meal?? Split up evenly? Or is there a certain way I should divide them?

Thank you for taking the time out to read this....now hopefullly someone will take the time to advise me!!!
:p

1. not a stupid question at all, if its something you dont know its worth finding out about ;)!

the flavored oatmeal generally has other things added to it and is quick oatmeal, making it not such a great choice, you can get just as good with flavor if you buy your own fruit and old fashioned oats, then put the two together, just as good and much better for you.

2. the protein shake is all up to you, but lowering bodyfat youd want to have real food which would make your body work to digest it, your body burns a bit of calories in the digestion process, shakes are absorbed quick, and would work well for a post workout meal, but arent necessary to get your protein.

3. only if you plan on taking any other supplements to help like creatine (which could help you lower bodyfat by building muscle, contrary to popular belief, creatine does not make people muscle bound freaks, its just something that helps with muscle growth)

4. you want to have all the meals as balanced as possible, if you dont know the macros your taking in yet, i suggest looking at the guide to cutting bulking and maintenance that is a sticky at the top of the diet and nutrition forum. its got lots of helpful information...... for lower bodyfat% though youll want a calorie deficit with enough carbs to keep you from losing muscle tissue as well. 33/33/33 split for macros is one example, just take a look at the thread and it should explain a whole lot for you :) ask any questions you have concerning anything as well, people are always willing to answer and help out

and heres a link to help you get started, this is the guide to cutting bulking and maintenance.

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=21113

the training forum would be a good place to look at also for good exercises. for lowering bodyfat, a combination of cardio AND strength training is good, the more muscle you have the more calories you burn on your own and the more toned you look as well!

Back