• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Would you buy supplements from a place like this?

Would you order from a business like this?

• yes, frequently

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • occasionally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • possibly

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • no

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

American Iron

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If there was a local business where your supplements could be delivered to your door in hour or so and their prices are better then GNC, would you order from them?

If it can be delivered in an hour that means it's near where you live, so if there was a delivery fee I'd say fuck it.

Deliver anabolics to my door via a scantily clad chick and you've got yourself a life long customer. Assuming the DEA doesn't get me first...

gococksDJS said:
If it can be delivered in an hour that means it's near where you live, so if there was a delivery fee I'd say fuck it.
Nope, no delivery charge. And yes, it would be from a local company.

I really appreciate all of the advice so far. Thank you for taking the time to vote. Keep the comments coming :thumb:

American Iron said:
Nope, no delivery charge. And yes, it would be from a local company.

I really appreciate all of the advice so far. Thank you for taking the time to vote. Keep the comments coming :thumb:
I think it would be a little tricky to set up an operation like this. That would take a lot of distribution centers and offering service to a small area for this to be profitable.

You would definately have to be centered in a location with a distinct demand for your products. Like mp mentioned, the number of distrubution centers you would need to support your 1-hour delivery timeframe would be enormous. I'm not saying it wouldn't work but it shure as hell would present you with some unique challenges.

Interesting concept, starting a new business?

Interesting concept, but I'd recommend you read some case studies on Urban Fetch and Kozmo.com so you don't make the same mistakes. Good luck.

IML Gear Cream!
Well, Urban Fetch and Kosmo had a business model with some similarities to the proposal above (however ,they shipped DVDs, snacks, drinks and other supplies etc.) Both companies tried to consolidate the delivery needs of people in large metropolitan areas and covered "the last mile." While this was a very popular service (I loved Kozmo!) it was never a sustainable and profitable business, despite significant capital investment in distribution infrastructure and marketing.

The other issue here is that the sales velocity for dietary supplements is very slow compared to other consumer packaged goods, so you'd potentially be saddled with a lot of money tied up in inventory, unless you managed it very effectively. Even a large scale vitamin manufacturer may sell as few as 1 product per store/per week, even with wide distribution at FDMC (food, drug, mass merchandise and club stores) with good marketing and trade support.

I'm not saying this can't be done, just pointing out it's a huge challenge.

I don't think its a particularly good business idea. People do not need supps urgently like other commodities such as food and drink. When i buy online nearly all the companies offer free next day delivery. I'm more concered about the price compared with how quick it takes to deliver.

stu21Ldn said:
I don't think its a particularly good business idea. People do not need supps urgently like other commodities such as food and drink. When i buy online nearly all the companies offer free next day delivery. I'm more concered about the price compared with how quick it takes to deliver.
good point, people can buy with free next day delivery off the internet, for the lowest prices, i very much doubt anyone is going to be in desperate need of supplements within 1 hour so i don't think the USP is particularly strong for this market (vits. and supps.), might work for more essential goods such as food and drink but not really for supplements, and sunk costs (initial investment and marketing) are going to be high, i really struggle to see how it could be profitable.

Back