• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Turkey chili ok on a cut?

sdupdike

Food Is Good!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This may sound dumb, but I guess the real question is about the beans. Red beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, are they ok on a cut?

they are GREAT complex carbs to use all the time. lots of fiber makes them low GI

Cool. I thought so, just wanted to double check. I'm new to this cutting stuff! And I love turkey chili. Yeah, something else I can add to my limited diet! I'm a very picky eater too, so add that to cutting, and you have a very boring diet. I don't mind too much though.

I've just convinced myself that tuna and chicken are the only foods left in the world to eat.

musclepump said:
I've just convinced myself that tuna and chicken are the only foods left in the world to eat.
thats okay, coz i love them both esp. tuna! i think i'm addicted to tuna, i'm struggling to stick to 2-3 cans a day right now, i'm tempted to live off the stuff up here at uni, its just too convienient and goes with everything!

Tuna doesn't go with everything... not to me. Chicken I can splash a little tobasco on, some different salsa... that works.

musclepump said:
Tuna doesn't go with everything... not to me
it goes with rice, pasta, salad, veg, nuts, in a baked potato, pitta bread, sandwich, hell you can even make tuna smoothies if you want! :)

LAM said:
they are GREAT complex carbs to use all the time. lots of fiber makes them low GI
Bump on this - I use legumes all the time. Kidney beans, lentils, black beans, great northern beans etc etc. They are all very good sources of low GI, high fibre carbs, with a good load of protein and lots of vitamins and minerals as well.

Eat up!

young d said:
it goes with rice, pasta, salad, veg, nuts, in a baked potato, pitta bread, sandwich, hell you can even make tuna smoothies if you want! :)
For the last two weeks I've been in pre-contest mode (show last weekend, show this weekend) so the rice, pasta, potato, pitta, sandwich... can't do the carbs right now
mad.gif

Emma-Leigh said:
Bump on this - I use legumes all the time. Kidney beans, lentils, black beans, great northern beans etc etc. They are all very good sources of low GI, high fibre carbs, with a good load of protein and lots of vitamins and minerals as well.

Eat up!
how do you eat your legumes? do u make soup with beans/lentils in it? or do u just boil them and add them to say brown rice? Or do u just eat alone by themselves? i am just curious.

IML Gear Cream!
i'd stay away from canned beans. buy them in the bag and soak overnight. i know you were asking emma but i cook up a big pot on sundays. i season with bay leaves, cayenne pepper, sage and a creole/cajun spice mix. i add bell peppers, onion and celery (i cook them in a little olive oil before adding to the pot). bring to a boil then lower heat and cook for around 3 hours. i eat it over rice and wow is it yummy :D (easy and cheap too!)

you have to cook for 3 hours? mine take like 15-30 mins

beans dont fill me up very much though...i have like 1 cup with 1 cup of rice, 8 oz meat, and nuts.

maybe i have a fast metabolism?

njdevil13 said:
you have to cook for 3 hours? mine take like 15-30 mins

you can't cook the dried beans from the bag in 15 minutes :hmmm:

i've found the overnight soaking is important too (takes a bit of planning but it's worth it)

yeah, i soak overnight, then it takes 30 minutes max to cook.

Back