• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Home Gym - Where and what?

TheStuff

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey I have been saving my money for a while and I'm looking to own not really a home gym, but a somewhat benchpress set I guess. I go to the gym at a high school and work out there with a three day split, but sometimes I can't make it there. I really need to improve on my bench press/pecs and I am intersted in buying something for me to use at home. I looked at sportmart today and looked at the benches and prices etc. What I am asking is what should I get? I know I need flat/incline/decline bench, but should I go with a bar or dumbbells? If you could help me I would appriciate it, plus, where could I find these things?

P.S. I don't mind buying online things, as long as it's a good price.

I would go with the bar if money is short, if you have the $ to spend then go for some DB as well.

I would go with a squat rack set up with a adjustable bench if you can.
I can't tell you where to buy, I'm from Canada :)
You may want to look through your local bargin finder.

I don't do squats, it really hurts my back, I just do other leg workouts at the high school gym. So really all I'm going for is for bench and stuff, and from the bench I can do other excersises from that, like declined abs, etc.

After being recommended to the site, and purchasing from it (heh, my order came today - all 17 boxes ) I have no problem recommending www.fitnessfactory.com .

They sell all the stuff you are looking for, good prices, and free shipping for alot of items (over $99, anyway). :thumb:

Note: weights and barbells are not shipped free.

HTH :)

I was thinking more for say military press, deadlifts, shrugs. etc.

An adjustable squat type rack is so versitile. And hey, I use to say the same thing about squats.

If you can look around for used equipment, I was able to get a total gym complete with olympic size bench and tons of weights for only 350.

Get the dumbells, I have 5-85 and you can do anything in that range.

I bought a york power rack with a pulldown attachment. It works great.

Back