• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Freedom from within

Fitgirl70

Give it to me
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
You know what? My last journal was shit! Honestly!!

It became nothing more than a place for my closest friends to come and say "hey" and bullshit with the best bullshiters. I really like my friends, but I hate my journal.

I'm embarking on anew. My last entry was a thread I placed in the Diet/Nutrition section of these forums to ask if anyone had or knew of a diet that was good for "eating for cholesterol". Maybe I'll do my own research and post one of my own. But for now, I'll start a new journal, a new way of life and get on with freeing myself from my debilitating high cholesterol.

I feel like shit! I really do. And lately two of my husband's long-time employees have been in the hospital with heart problems. One had a heart attack last week and his wife doesn't know if he will make it. The other was having fainting spells and the doctors ended up putting in a pace maker. Both have heart disease and never do a damn thing about it.
I think my past, present and future have finally caught up with me. I realized at our Mother's Day luncheon yesterday as we were all having a conversation about the two gentlemen that work for my husband, and seeing my own mother having had her quadruple bypass 12 years ago and still has done nothing to prevent having another one. I also had my own cholesterol tested about two weeks ago because Dr. Cooper was beginning a new cholesterol reducing study -- I found out last week that I can not participate because my cholesterol is WAY TOO HIGH :eek:

So, on to a new me, a new beginning and hopefully a few prayers that I live a little longer and don't have to have any major surgeries (i.e., my mother, and the two men I spoke of).

Any advice, bitchin at me, information, success stories and testimonials you want to give, please -- GIVE!!!! I seriously need all the help I can get.

Kerry, I want to thank you! Your web site and transformation have almost served as my rude awakening....almost. I love your hubby's thoughts, keep them coming.

Last edited:
your couSON's bithin' ... here's what you've told me so far. You had a doctor tell you your cholesterol is too high. You've heard numerous bad stories related to having high cholesterol. I know you're a smart woman, so putting two and two together shouldn't be an issue. Get your cholesterol count down woman! Don't make me come ... ;)

You're gonna come? Just from my story? Damn, you must be easy to arouse!!!!! LOL

In all seriousness, I have tried Zetia, Lipitor, Pravachol, Welchol and even tried that cholesterol-lowering butter stuff. It all seems to work for about 30 to 60 days and brings my cholesterol down....maybe 20 points -- then it's almost like my body becomes immune to it and it quits working. Yes, literally quits working.

So, one of the dietitians here is going to work with me, but I couldn't get an appt. with her any sooner than the 18th. Also, Dr. Cooper is going to try to work with me to see what we can do.

Bottom line is: I'm tired of being "un"fit and tired of wondering if every symptom or what-have-you is a heart attack and just how long I'm going to live. It's just become too tiresome and cumbersome - it seems as if my weight and my diet as it relates to my cholesterol is all I think about lately.

Thanks couSON....all are welcome....all are welcome.....come into the light children :laugh:

Oh yeah, food and training.....

Still a big part and I have recommitted to the workouts

Did 20 minutes cardio and abs today at lunch

2 Zantrex3 before breakfast
M1: 2 eggs, black coffee, water
M2: banana (about 9am)
M3: 1/2 cup of slimming soup
white beans, drained and rinsed
celery, onion and garlic
crushed tomatoes w/ liquid
chicken broth
DAMN THIS IS SOME GOOD SOUP!!!
Zantrex3 before workout
M4: 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of slimming soup, water
M5: 1/2 c. oatmeal, w/ 1 tspn pb and 1 splenda, water
M6: dinner was some slow roasted steak soup. I ended up eating only the steak and a few of the veggies, I wasn't very hungry.

More to come......

Last edited:
Try flax seed. I heard it works great on lowering your cholestoral. do some research, there are tons of information out there on it.

Fitgirl70 said:
You're gonna come? Just from my story? Damn, you must be easy to arouse!!!!! LOL

:funny: I re-read what I typed and almost died laughing when you replied. ;) I meant ... don't make me come down there. :laugh:

I wondered if Flax would be better than fish oils? Should I take both in combination? Maybe someone can answer?

OK, I dont know about the fish oil, BUT, I do think you can take them both, I know a buddy of mine is, but I also heard that the flax seed, is best in ground form, not oil or liquid form. My fiance's father has really bad cholestoral, and the ONLY thing that worked for him, was the ground flax seed, and it cut his in half. So I think it works, atleast really good for him.

Ground flax seed is a great addition to morning protien shakes. Also good for baking, if you are into making your own breads and such.

I think so too.

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks for the tip Pylon. I don't make breads though. I rarely eat breads....it's the other stuff I have problems with. :shrug:

How do you add Flax to a shake? put it in the blender?

naturaltan said:
:funny: I re-read what I typed and almost died laughing when you replied. ;) I meant ... don't make me come down there. :laugh:
well...where do you plan to then..
:D

Hey hottie!
Like NT said: You know what is going on...find out what you have to...make whatever corrective measures you can and go forth.
I wish I could help you out more on this...but I have not the knowledge...

Trust me B....I'm doing the best I can to learn about all of this. I certainly WANT to make the changes. And I'm just learning how to do it -- I think.

we know u can!

I can do it!!! But for now I think I need a diet coke.... :laugh:

And I think I'm getting hungry again....maybe some oatmeal!

OK, I got water and oatmeal.....passing on the coke right now

oatmel and coke? Noit a god combo...yo know the song:
U put the lime in the coke, you nut....and mix it all up..
:)

Yeah yeah....no coke, no lime, no nut!!! :laugh:

heh hee! U said....'nut'..
:)

IML Gear Cream!
Burner02 said:
well...where do you plan to then..

being this is a family show, my final answer is Texas. :evil:

What's up, my brotha from another motha!
(Meet the fokkers..)

Promises Promises.....I guess we'll have to move hedonism to Texas!!!

nope...we ALL go to Jamiaca, mon....

Fitgirl70 said:
Promises Promises.....I guess we'll have to move hedonism to Texas!!!

to see you lounging around naked - OK :grin: :hot:

Burner02 said:
What's up, my brotha from another motha!
(Meet the fokkers..)

well ... ummmmmmmm ... puppy training - again! We got another puppy because we felt that the first one didn't take up enough of our time. :rolleyes: Other than that, I'm outside most days doing something, whether it cleaning out the once ugly flower bed, or trying to landscape the backyars and find a place for a firepit and hottub. You?

Fitgirl70 said:
Thanks for the tip Pylon. I don't make breads though. I rarely eat breads....it's the other stuff I have problems with. :shrug:

How do you add Flax to a shake? put it in the blender?
You can get the ground seed and just toss it in the blender, or put in the whole seed, if you don't mind drinking a chunky beverage.

You're on the right track Fitgirl :thumb: you know you need to make some changes, you're willing and ready to make them, it's seems you just need to find the right info to help you do it... hopefully the dietician will have some sound advice for you.
I love your honesty at the beginning of your journal and the way that you read things... my thought to NT's first post was almost identical to your response! :laugh:
Good luck with lowering your cholesterol and with the journal! ;)

Thanks Kerry. Any advice on diet and whatever you can and will give is certainly appreciated. You've been there, hell - I think half the people here have been there.

Thanks for visiting my journal! I really appreciate it.

I hope I can stay on track.

05/10/05 Tuesday
Day 2 of the new me. I think I've done pretty good so far! I didn't go workout this morning, but it is supposed to be in the 90's here today, so I will go run outside at lunch.

Zantrex3 before breakfast
M1: Oatmeal w/ 1/2 tspn pb, fresh fruit and coffee. Supps - I fish oil, 1 benecol chew, 1 multi
M2: Yogurt w/ granola in it, water
M3: Chicken chopped salad w/ vinegarette, diet pepsi
M4: slimming soup and water
M5:
M6:

Last edited:
Back