• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

ashwagandha

19-chief

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i've be trying to find info on this herb. i'm gearing up for pct in about 4-5 weeks (don't know how long i'll actually stay "ON") and planned on running tribulis and nolva. would this herb be of any help to the adrenal system during pct?

anyone?

I thought you had just hit a bunch of letters on the keyboard. I am sorry. Never heard of it. Will let you know what I find out.

Here is what the brain trust had to say about it in brief. You can run a search over there and find out more. Looks interesting. But so do a lot of supplements.

One Thread
Another

Cardinal said:
Looks interesting. But so do a lot of supplements.
ain't that the truth.

thanks, cardinal. but that seems like all the same crap i've been finding... always vague in what it truly does and how. oh well, just thought it might be of some use during pct b/c after 8 weeks of test e/ eq and hard training, i'm starting feel a bit worn down... i wasn't like this 2-3 weeks ago. just a little concerned... wouldn't want post cycle to be any more difficult than it has to be. (ie- continuing with proper training and nourishment)

LMAO................asblathambloma to you too!
Never heard of it, sorry. Google it.

what? just asking questions and thinking aloud, dude. i saw it a while back in a book called anabolic primer and wanted to know some more about it... that's all.

Wow chief that ? needs to be put up on who wants to be a milliionaire. I think it would end someones streak going for the big bucks...Shit a got a DEA buddy and maybe I'll ask him if its something you smoke or shoot....LOL.....Hope you find the answere as I'm curious as the kiddy running on my neighbors roof. Oh shit i forgot i live in Mexico and don't have a neighbor.

Tough Old Man said:
Wow chief that ? needs to be put up on who wants to be a milliionaire. I think it would end someones streak going for the big bucks...Shit a got a DEA buddy and maybe I'll ask him if its something you smoke or shoot....LOL.....Hope you find the answere as I'm curious as the kiddy running on my neighbors roof. Oh shit i forgot i live in Mexico and don't have a neighbor.
it an herb from africa that is supposedly used to treat adrenal fatigue... just figured that with all these knowlegdable people at IM that someone might have an answer... boy was my assumption wrong! :D

IML Gear Cream!
ah, bumping for Trouble!

TOM, Chief's complaint may be a combination of both thyroid hormone and adrenal steroidogensis activity depression, a direct result of steroid analogs that bind to TR and PXR/SXR and LXR nuclear receptors.

I found this interesting write-up on the herb.

I'm sorta perplexed where the thread should reside: here, over in Health or in Supplements. :confused: I'll leave it here, unless one of the other mods chooses to relocate it.

See also: http://www.raysahelian.com/ashwagandha.html From Ray's site, a 2004 monograph: "Ashwagandha on chronic administration markedly augmented antioxidants (GSH, GS hydroperoxidase, superoxide dismutase, and blood catalase) while Vit E did not stimulate the synthesis of endogenous antioxidants compared to (controls")."

Oi-vey! The investigators should have checked thiols and NADPH, I bet those were augmented as well. This reducing agent boost, coupled with anti-inflammatory action is quite interesting. Note Ray's dosing: a few times a week! I tried it at two caps per day; no wonder it caused excessive androgen activity (I was wired at night).

Pretty interesting herb; thanks for bringing it to our attention, Chief. Note it being compounded with Bacopa and Rhodiola (Rays site again), forming a trio of very potent stress adaptogens. Note also its gabanergic activity. Good stuff and a good candidate to pct / CNS recovery from intense training.

Last edited:
Back