• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Enter thinman

thinman

thinman
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have always been thin, have been working out with weights since May '84. Back then I was 130 lbs, most of them years have been at 150, now 160.

I was born in Manchester UK Nov. 1952, came to Canada Nov. 1972. Goal is to get serious and add some muscle.

Welcome Henry, we are here to help!

thanks to each

Since I do a lot of laboring work, this can interfere with weight routines. I know I have to get my protein way up, and get into a routine where I add more weight to my lifts often. I train at home and have access to a gym on a pay by visit when I'm ready.

How much protein should I have daily, plus how many carbs and fat, for a 160 lb guy ?

my planned routine twice a week

Squats 1 x 20 reps

Dumbbell Pullovers 1 x 20 reps

Barbell or Dumbbell Bench Presses 3 x 6 to 8 reps

Chins 2 x as many reps as possible

Bent Over Barbell Rows 2 x 8 to 10 reps

Seated or Standing Dumbbell Press 2 x 8 to 10 reps

Barbell or Dumbbell Curls 2 x 6 to 8 reps

Standing Calf Raises 2 x 15 to 20 reps

Stomach Crunches 1 x 25 to 30 reps

thanks, Henry.

Welcome to IM Henry ! Not too many on here our age but still agreat place . the youngsters here are pretty good to us older folks .
Best thing to dois post your traijning questions in the training section and diet questions in the diet forum. You'll get more responses that way.

Good luck

Thinman, if you are doing labouring jobs, (that is I assume pretty hard physical work all day) Then you must eat PLENTY , and preferably all throughout the day, in regulated amounts - whatever your wallet allows....

I used to do various jobs like that, one job in Aug2001 involved moving 25kgs maize sacks off a conveyor belt, almost non stop they would arrive, and then stacking them into a freight container.... During the time I worked there, I just couldn't train after work-- but I wasn't eating enough (nor sleeping enough), so had I got those things right, who knows.....

In the last three months I've been doing metal work (including some heavy forge work with the power hammer) But I've been feeding myself up much more("eating like a pig"), including in mid morning and mid afternoon. So I've kept my weight up and even increased it. Training is far better too...

Best to refer to others here about what you need to eat....(They've got more experience)

Nick

labourer

Aye Nick lad, did landscaping for 4 years, before that it was much Jeep parts packing to assembly plants, and worked in a copper tubing plant packing water pipes. At the mo I work for a temp agency and do odd stuff, factory jobs make it easier to eat more often coz of breaks every 2 hours, I eat tons but struggle to keep my weight, the best discovery was whole milk, I put on 24 lbs in 4 months, but that was during winter lay- off from landscaping and only shovelled snow then. It's a big task to keep scoffing down grub eh!

Back