• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Protein at bedtime

Island Roots

I'd rather be in Hawaii
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Right now I'm taking ON's casein protein (chocolate flavor) before bedtime. It is disgusting. I've gagged several times when taking it. During the day I take ON's whey protein (double rich chocolate flavor) and it isn't bad at all.

I'm wondering if I can achieve some of the same effects of casein protein by mixing whey protein with milk at bedtime (usually take whey protein with water). Milk slows digestion/absorption, correct? Shouldn't it slow the digestion rate of the whey protein while I'm sleeping if I take it with milk?

well depends on ur goals i guess, but know that milk is full of sugar... if u want to u can have some cottage cheese. but if u really just want the whey mix in some peanut butter cuz the fats will slow down the digestion a bit

yeah, add some fiber and fat to slow digestion. p.b. and oats w/ carbcountdown milk, and throw in some cottage cheese also. great shake.

Casein is the perfect bedtime protein, I'd stick with it and add something to improve the taste.

i use my regular protein but mix natural peanut butter with it b4 bedtime...it does slow the absorbtion because of the fat...markus ruhl gave out that tip in md a couple months ago..

gettingbackinto said:
suck it up and down the drink not everything will taste like a treat

I agree, its not supposed to be a choclate malt delight

in any case, you can just eat a piece of meat before bed and get BETTTER results

yeh yeh i dont know i take protein shakes sometimes with water and it doesnt taste any worse then in water so i pound it back

IML Gear Cream!
Cottage cheese with natty peanut butter and splenda. Low carb, high casien, healthy fat...takes a long time to digest and tastes great.

Back