• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cardio immediately after workout

jim

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am looking for advice on the effects of doing cardio immediately after my workout. My workouts are usually pretty intense, but i enjoy running on the treadmill after. I usually run at 75% to 80% of max heart rate.

It seems that when I do cardio immediately after my workout, that i loose a bit of the building effect of the workout. Or is this just me?

I am thinking that it might be best to do no cardio after my morning workout and do the cardio in the evening.

you shouldn't do cardio after your leg workouts, if your looking to build, as for the other days, I don't think it will hurt too bad

Depends on your goals, if your trying to loose some BF then its fine but if your looking to put some mass on, I'd just stick to non lifting days.

If you go on the non-lifting days then you run the risk of overtraining your legs. The best thing to do is hard interval training immediately after your leg session (your speed will be compromised). But, run for 2 minutes and walk 1 for about 30 minutes. Any longer and you will be reducing the effectiveness of your training session.

If you do cardio after your legs , you would deplete your carbs then your body can tap into your fat quicker. Rest is very in excrise program when you are trying to lose fat most of the time your body is overtrained or a the border of it. Like the moderator say depends on your goal.

Originally posted by Bigtex111
If you go on the non-lifting days then you run the risk of overtraining your legs. .

I agree to an extent, I wouldn't run the day after legs but I've never had a problem running on my other non lifting days.
A bit of running can actually help recovery in the legs, getting the blood flowing through the muscle.

Scotty, yes you right about a "bit" of running but for me personally if I run as hard as the original poster is talking about then my legs aren't ready for Saturday (leg day). One man's poison is another man's treat, isn't it? Training is a funny science.

Originally posted by jim
My workouts are usually pretty intense, but i enjoy running on the treadmill after.

Questions like this have allways puzzled me.

After I'm done with my leg day I'm lucky if I can get to my pickup, let alone on a treadmill! :(

I used to do cardio after my workout, then I found out how to kick my own ass lifting. Now a days I have no more in me for cardio after pumping iron. :thumb:
I do cardio on my 'off days', seems to help me recover some from a intense weight lifting workout. Although most people don't believe that, it works for me. I use the elliptical trainer for 20 minutes the day after my leg routine and 40 minutes the day after my other routine. 2 day split working every other day, twice a week.

When i am training for mass I do no cardio at all.

Back