• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Releasing the FUNKY Beast

Rocco32

UNLEASH THE BEAST
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have too many training programs in my old journal LOL so I wanted to start this one. My original plan had been to do the program Patrick had me do last time for 4 weeks and then start HST, but I'm thinking of staying with some of Patricks training ideas a bit longer.

The first part of my journal will be around 4-5 weeks, for my main exercises I'll be varying exercises/reps/and sets. RI's will be 60-90 sec for the most part. All other accessory exercises will be 5 sets at 5-8 reps. RI will start at 30 sec and then drop 5 sec each workout session.

I'll be looking out for my back through this time as well, so no deads and I'll have to "feel" out squats once this pain is gone but for now no squats as well. Off to the gym.

Is this the high volume workout that you've recently started on? Good luck, Rocco, and take care of that back.

gwcaton said:
Hey Rocco :wave:

Good luck man ! i can't beleive the number of people with "injuries' right now. Be careful. Work smart:thumb:
Thanks Gary, maybe we all pushed each other too hard LOL. I'm being careful with my back :thumbs:

CaptainDeadlift said:
Is this the high volume workout that you've recently started on? Good luck, Rocco, and take care of that back.
Sorta, I was going to do it my way but after looking through my old journal when Pat trained me I realized why try to change what's perfect? So I'm going back to how he had me doing it. I'm watching the back :D

Workout C with Emphasis on Shoulders

Standing MP- RI 60 Sec
95 x 4
95 x 4
95 x 4
105 x 4
105 x 4
115 x 4

Sitting DB Curl- RI 60 Sec (SS this with CG Bench)
45 x 4
40 x 4
40 x 4
40 x 4
40 x 4
40 x 4

CG Bench- RI 60 Sec (Was SS'd with DB Curl)185 x 8
165 x 4
165 x 4
165 x 4
165 x 4
175 x 4

Everything Else 30 SEC RI

CG Pulldown-
90 x 8
90 x 8
90 x 8
90 x 7
90 x 7

HS Incline-
120 x 8
120 x 8
120 x 8
120 x 7
120 x 8 (Ended up with 60 sec RI because someone wanted spotted :rolleyes: )

DB Lateral Raise-
15 x 8
15 x 7
15 x 5
15 x 4
12.5 x 4

HS Pullover-
50 x 10
70 x 8
90 x 8
90 x 8
90 x 7

Reverse Pec Deck-
90 x 8
90 x 7
90 x 6
90 x 6
90 x 5

Reverse BB Wrist Curl-
45 x 8
45 x 8
45 x 8
45 x 8
45 x 7

W/O Time 1:08

20 min on Treadmill/Hill Setting/Level 10/4.0MPH

Wow, good w/o today. I was surprised, I was really REALLY sick yesterday. Ended up sleeping about 28 hours, I was soooooo sick. But today went well.

Standing MP- I was surprised how well I did with this today. It hurt my wrists some but I managed to keep good form and I was happy with the weight.

DB Curl and CG Bench- Started to heavy with both. I like SS them, saved some time. I didn't RUN from DB Curl to CG Bench but I did them back to back.

Everything else is pretty self explanatory.

One awesome workout. That's a ton or reps. How much you going to drop rep-wise once you go off SD?
Funny people have mentioned being injured. I've injured my back as well, but not from lifting but from putting on my shoes LOL. Don't know exactly what happened, but I was standing the other morning and putting my shoes on to go to work. I lifted one leg up to put my shoe on and lost my balance. I then jerked upward to try and regain my balance. When I did that, I felt something slip in my back. Ever since then, my backs been given me problems. My wife keeps telling me to go to the doc/chiorpracter (ever how you spell that) but I won't go for fear that they'll tell me to stop lifting for a while. I've only got 4 weeks left on my cut and I'm seeing it through, i'll just take easier on my back from here on out.

looks like a good workout.

Kewl a new journal...I missed to much in the old one working so much maybe I can keep up again.

How bad is the back? Not to sure if standing MP is to good if it hurts you bud.

Nice w/o rocco. By the way, the back tat is looking sweet!

Awesome, Insane, and Incredible w/o Brother Rocco!!!

bludevil said:
One awesome workout. That's a ton or reps. How much you going to drop rep-wise once you go off SD?
Funny people have mentioned being injured. I've injured my back as well, but not from lifting but from putting on my shoes LOL. Don't know exactly what happened, but I was standing the other morning and putting my shoes on to go to work. I lifted one leg up to put my shoe on and lost my balance. I then jerked upward to try and regain my balance. When I did that, I felt something slip in my back. Ever since then, my backs been given me problems. My wife keeps telling me to go to the doc/chiorpracter (ever how you spell that) but I won't go for fear that they'll tell me to stop lifting for a while. I've only got 4 weeks left on my cut and I'm seeing it through, i'll just take easier on my back from here on out.
Thanks Blu! I'm not sure about that yet. I may go for full body w/o's like 3 x a week and not go to failure. I'll prob check with P when the time comes and see what he thinks. I was considering HST but I'm just not that interested in it.

Sucks about YOUR back LOL. When I went to the Chiro for awhile he never told me to stop lifting, just switch out certain exercises and change my rep schemes.

I'm wondering if my back pain is actually that "lower back pump" I hear about as a side of SD. Because it happened last time I was on, kinda went away and has come back strong again since I started. Maybe I should pick up some taurine and see if that helps or not.

P-funk said:
looks like a good workout.
Thanks P. I changed very little from what you had given me. I like being on it again, makes me not want to be in the gym everyday LOL.

Morte said:
Insane workout!

I'm interested in how you'll change it up once you're off SD as well.
Thanks buddy. LOL, I'm interested to see how I'll change it up as well.

Dead said:
Kewl a new journal...I missed to much in the old one working so much maybe I can keep up again.

How bad is the back? Not to sure if standing MP is to good if it hurts you bud.
Hey, thanks for dropping by Dead. I know you've been busy lately, it's nice to hear from you when you get the free time :thumbs:

Back is just in pain, hurts to bend over and sitting it just throbs. But the more I think about it the more I think it's from the SD. The standing MP didn't hurt my back, I actually think it was a bit easier on it than doing it seated.

Gary said:
Nice wo Rocco !

I sure hope it works for you , thats a boatload of work
Thanks Gary, I hope it works too :D I need all the help I can to try and catch up with you :grin:

SexyBillie said:
holy cow, that's a lot of volume!!!! good luck with the new program Rocco I've been lurking for a while, thought I might as well come out of the shadows
Hey, I'm glad you came outta the shadows :) I feel like I already know you from all your other posts. Welcome to my journal :D

Pylon said:
Nice w/o rocco. By the way, the back tat is looking sweet!
Thanks buddy. I really like my tattoo, but I'm not looking forward to getting it finished LOL. It's quite painful.

Angel said:
Awesome, Insane, and Incredible w/o Brother Rocco!!!
Thanks buddy. It was fun :grin:

Cardio

Today was just Cardio

50 min on Treadmill/ Level 11/ Pace- 4.5 MPH

Everything is looking great Rocco! Good luck with the new journal! :thumb:

b_reed23 said:
sexybillie:rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol..thanks though

can't wait to see the next lifting day.....:wave:
Hey, I just call'em as I see them :D Next lifting day will hopefully be tomorrow (friday)

Cris2Blis said:
gonna follow along if u don't mind. i'm a big fan of funky beasts!
Wow, another sex lady in my journal :grin: Welcome, I don't mind you being here at all :D

Mike said:
Everything is looking great Rocco! Good luck with the new journal!
Thanks buddy, you should try this kind of training after your done with P/RR/S. It's definately a challenge :thumbs:

IML Gear Cream!
Cardio Again

Another day of cardio. Rough today, started on Hill at level 11 and pace 4.2. After about 15 min had to drop level down to 8 and pace to 4.0. Lungs were killing me, BIG TIME. I know it's due to the T3, but it was still an acceptable session.

On another note, I realized that I'll still be doing the short RI's when for about 2 weeks after I come off of SD and I don't want to end this program early. What do you think about keeping the w/o's the same, just adding an extra Rest Day in between w/o's?

Diet

Oh, and I should mention in here I'm starting Carb Cycling again. Right now my split looks kinda like this-

Chest- High
Legs- Low
Off- No
Shoulders/Arms- High
Off- Low
Off - No
Repeat

My Carbs will be- Brown Rice and Oats
My Protein will be- Shakes/Rotisserie Chicken (white and dark meat)/CC and Yogurt (Carb Control)/ And Tuna.
Fats will be- Fish Oil and the dark meat.

I plan to do 20 min Cardio after w/o's when I have time and 40-50 min on off days.

god I love rotisserie chicken!

P-funk said:
god I love rotisserie chicken!
So do I LOL. But I'm not sure how good it is for me :hmmm:

I just take off the skin and eat it. :shrug:

The best part taste-wise perhaps, but isn't the skin all fat?

I'm with P. If I order rotisserie chicken, the first thing I do is take the skin off.

Rocco, doing lots of cardio I see. What's the weight goal these days (if there is one)?

IainDaniel said:
The skin is the best part :nanner:

I know it is. I lied. I eat it too. :p

Back