• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

blood pressure meds

OTC stuff, might look into Hawthorn Berry and C12peptide (twin labs blood pressure control).

Prescription stuff. Read up on the latest article at ruggedmag. They go through lots of good examples.

yeah just OTC stuff right now (hopefully i won't require any prescription stuff)

CoQ10 has good clinical studies behind it for reducing high BP. Fish Oil and Garlic supplements may also help.

prescription stuff that I take is Norvasc, Atenolol and occationally a water pill called hydrochlorothiazide when I retain water. The Norvasc is a calcium channel blocker that is supposed to dialate and make veins wider to lower the pressure and the atenolol is a beta blocker that slows down and makes the heart not pump as hard. It seems to work for me...my pressure is at 130/75 on a regular basis now with a heart rate of 65-70 bpm

on diovan hct and toprol xl. norvasc made my ankles and calfs swell up.
heard the Hawthorn Berry is supposed to help?

dtr98 said:
on diovan hct and toprol xl. norvasc made my ankles and calfs swell up.
heard the Hawthorn Berry is supposed to help?

my fingers have swelled a bit and my ankles sometimes too...the diaretic helps with that...I don't take it all the time though because I get really dehydrated on it.

i have to take mine daily. bp off cycle and on stays about 127-138 over 73-90.

TrojanMan60563 said:
my fingers have swelled a bit and my ankles sometimes too...the diaretic helps with that...I don't take it all the time though because I get really dehydrated on it.

well think i'm gonna get some hawthorne and coQ10, i don't have any BP problems that i'm aware of right now, no headaches or flushes or any of that, but i like to be on the safe side as in the long run my heart and circulatory system is my main concern

i'm going to be running these 'on cycle', if that makes any difference, and maybe into pct

okay this is what i bought from the vitamin store today

Hawthorn Berries / 565mg
CoQ-10 / 30mg

(and for my painful pumps - Potassium / 99mg)

how many of each per day would you recommend?

IML Gear Cream!
I take 200mg of CoQ10 ED, however 100mg is okay.

redspy said:
I take 200mg of CoQ10 ED, however 100mg is okay.
well i'll see how i get on with 120mg to start with (2 at breakfast, 2 before bed), i can always up it to 180mg if i feel it necessary, i'll get my BP checked next week when i visit the needle exchange so i'll see how things are looking then

thanks redspy :thumb:

I wish herbs would help my BP....anyways its a great idea to get a good BP monitor to check your pressure a couple times a day especially on cycle. I have ended a cycle due to crazy high blood pressure. I didn't feel different but the machine doesn't lie....so my advice is invest in a quality machine...I use one made by Mabis with the extra large cuff (for these 18"s)

potassium for painful pumps? Nope.

Hawthorne seems to help me.

Celery Seed Extract is gaining popularity for this, but I haven't tried it.

PirateFromHell said:
Hawthorne seems to help me.

Celery Seed Extract is gaining popularity for this, but I haven't tried it.
ditto... 555mg 3x/day works for me. BP hasn't gone over 120/70 on this Test/EQ/M5AA cycle. i was checking it 2-3x/day for while there but it always seemed under control so now i'm checking once every couple of days.

Back