• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

fUnc: Mixin it up!

fUnc17

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
It's time to begin a new routine, I've been on the same one for several months (5-6) and I need to throw my body a curveball.

I made great gains in both size and strength on my old routine, which was a very basic split. Now its time for something a little bit more advanced.

The routine I will be starting is something I've been thinking over for awhile. It will involve a sort of westside smell to it, but it well also include kettlebell training (auxillary). Focus will be put on the compound lifts (Bench, Squat, Dead) and secondary exercises will be performed with kettlebells.

The kettlebells will not be exclusive however, I will still continue to use Barbells and DB's, hence the name of the journal... Mixin it up.

Diet is not very specific, I just turned 19 so I'm just slamming down as many calories as possible. Of course trying to stay clean and eat healthy. I really want to pack on some weight.

Current Stats:

Height: 6'3"
BW: 208
BF: 11%

Measurements:

Chest: 42"
Arms: 16 1/4"
Quad: 24"

Lifts:
BP: 225 x 5 (approx 1RM 260)
Squat: 365 x 5 (approx 1RM 425)
Dead: 495 x 1

What the routine looks like:

ME Upper
ME Lower
Rest
DE Upper
DE Lower
Rest

Exercises I'll be chosing from:

ME Upper -
Flat BB
Incline BB​
Flat DB​
Incline DB​
Skullcrushers​
CG Bench​
Tri Overheads​
DB Press​
Arnolds​
BB Row​
Kettlebell Snatches​
Kettlebell Cleans​
DB Row​
One-Arm Seated Kettlebell Military Press​
One-Arm Kettlebell Para Press​
Alternating Kettlebell Renegade Row​

ME Lower -​
Deadlifts​
Squats​
Good mornings​
Alternating Kettlebell Renegade Row​
Double Kettlebell Snatch​
WG Pullups​
Shrugs​
Rows​

DE Upper -​
Speed Bench​
Alternating kettlebell floor press​
Skullcrushers​
CG Bench​
1 arm Tri Overheads​
BB Curls​
FLEX Curls​
Hammer Curls​

DE Lower -
Box Squats
SLDL
Hyperextensions
Leg press
Kettlebell One-Legged Squat
One-Arm Kettlebell Split Snatch
Two-Arm Kettlebell Clean

I'll end up adding alot more kettlebell movements but for now this is what I'll be using

For those unfamiliar with kettlebells, here is a picture:

pavel_kb_250.jpg

ME Upper

Flat BB
155 x 3
175 x 3
195 x 3
205 x 3
225 x 3
235 x 1 PB
245 x 0 (F)

CG Bench
205 x 3
185 x 3
185 x 3

Incline DB
80 x 7
80 x 6
80 x 5

Skullcrushers
85 x 8
95 x 5
85 x 6

Alternating Renegade Rows (Kettlebell)
19kg x 10
19kg x 10
19kg x 10

EZ Bar Curls
85 x 6
85 x 5
85 x 5

Russian Kettlebell Jerk
19kg x 8
19kg x 8
19kg x 8

Wow that was intense...christ. The Flat BB was kinda dissapointing, I probably did too many sets with triples and thats why I failed with 245, my pecs were so soar on the way down with 245, as well as with the CG sets.

The inclines were great, and the renegade rows were .... rediculous. It was so hard to balance and my abs were BURNING. I had to use the 19kg kettlebell so I could practice my balance, it was real tough but i loved it.

Last edited:
interesting routine. Ive never seen those kettleballs. Did you buy them for home gym set or they have those at your local gym?

Also, what does ME and DE stand for?

This looks pretty interesting. So in the end, you want to gain weight and obviously get bigger and stronger, but what are you most looking for? are kettlebells the most sufficient way to find what you are looking for?

The routine looks very interesting. You know, i'll be following. Keep it up.

shiznit2169 said:
interesting routine. Ive never seen those kettleballs. Did you buy them for home gym set or they have those at your local gym?

Also, what does ME and DE stand for?
Ordered them online, my dad has been using them for awhile after working out conventionally for 30+ yrs, and he swears by them.

ME = maximum effort
DE = dynamic effort

soxmuscle said:
This looks pretty interesting. So in the end, you want to gain weight and obviously get bigger and stronger, but what are you most looking for? are kettlebells the most sufficient way to find what you are looking for?

The routine looks very interesting. You know, i'll be following. Keep it up.
Yes, my goal is to get bigger and stronger, but not just meathead strong. I want to be able to do alot of pullups, dips, 1 legged body weight squats. So i want more of a core strength, balance, and control of my body weight.

Kettlebells are very balance oriented, alot of core involved. And yes they are absolutely the most sufficient way to get to where I want to go.

what are the differences in efforts? I never got that about westside. Are you working harder on one day than the other?

fUnc17 said:
Yes, my goal is to get bigger and stronger, but not just meathead strong. I want to be able to do alot of pullups, dips, 1 legged body weight squats. So i want more of a core strength, balance, and control of my body weight.

Kettlebells are very balance oriented, alot of core involved. And yes they are absolutely the most sufficient way to get to where I want to go.
Perfect, good to hear.

IML Gear Cream!
takin a break today, girlfriends brothers graduation. back in action tomorrow.

ME Lower

Good Mornings
135 x 8
185 x 8
205 x 8
205 x 8

WG Pullups
x5
x5
x5

BB Rows
225 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5 PB

DB Shrugs (5 sec hold in between reps)
90 x 10
90 x 10
90 x 10

Swiss situps
x15
x15
x15

Vsits
x15
x15
x15

The GM's were weird, first time doing them. I didn't want to push the weight on them, just trying to get comfortable with the movement. I felt them in my lower back and hammies

Any kettlebell work today? and how did you like it if you did?

nope, no kettlebells today. will on DE Upper day though, probably do some floor presses and some snatches... what i really can't wait for is 1 legged kettlebell squats, thats going to be fun.

W/o's are lookin good there Brother FUnc!!! I will prolly sound stupid, but what does ME and DE stand for!!!

shiznit2169 said:
ME = maximum effort
DE = dynamic effort
Thank you, :shhh: , Don't tell anyone okay!!! :laugh:

DE Upper

Speed Bench @ 55% 1RM
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3

Alternating kettlebell floor press
19kg x 10
19kg x 10
19kg x 10

Decline flyes
30 x 8
30 x 8
30 x 8

Dips

Reverse Laterals
20 x 10
20 x 10

Arnolds on stability ball
40 x 8
40 x 8
40 x 8

1 arm tri overheads
30 x 8
20 x 10
20 x 10

FLEX Curls
65 x 8
65 x 8
65 x 8

Damn that was a good workout. the alternating kettlebell floor press' killed my forearms + tri's. the arnolds were fun too, what a burn.

got more dips than i thought i would, and i didn't go to failure either.

DE Lower

Box Squats @ 55% 1RM (10 sets of triples)
230 x 10 x 3

SLDL (overhand grip)
230 x 8
230 x 8
230 x 8

Lying Leg curl
45 x 8
45 x 8
45 x 8

Pistols (assisted)
bw x 8 x each leg
bw x 8 x each leg
bw x 8 x each leg

Knee Raises
x12
x12
x12

Swiss situps
x12
x12
x12

my hamstrings are killlllllllinnnnnnnn. I couldnt even do 1 pistol (1 legged squat) on my own, i had to use the lollycolumn in my basement to spot me because i had no balance (legs were shaking lol) But the pistols were awesome even though they were assisted, what a balance oriented exercise.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
ME Upper

Flat BB
155 x 3
175 x 3
185 x 3
205 x 3
225 x 3
235 x 1
245 x 1 PB
255 x 0 (F)

Incline DB
90 x 5 PB
80 x 7
80 x 6

Flat DB Flyes
50 x 8 PB
50 x 8
50 x 6

Alternating Renegade Rows
24kg x 8
24kg x 8

Chinups
bw x 10

Skullcrushers
85 x 8
85 x 8
85 x 8

1 arm overheads
30 x 8
30 x 8
30 x 8

Lateral Raises
30 x 8
30 x 8

Reverse lateral
30 x 8
30 x 8

BW: 208

good w/o, another PB week. i decided to mirror my last ME upper day just because its the 2nd time through, next DE upper and ME upper day I'll be focusing on incline BB, I've found that when i rotate the two, both lifts go up consistently.

the set of chinups was just to gauge how many i can do, i didn't go to failure but i probably only had 1-2 left in me. im definately going to add them in and next time around they'll be weighted.

more kettlebell work will slowly be creeping in as well

Last edited:
Lookin GREAT, as usual!!! Hows it goin Brother FUnc?

wow, you're bench has gone up dramatically. You used to couldnt do 225 like a month ago and you're already at the 245 mark. Too bad im still stuck on 225 but im getting there! :rolleyes:

Archangel said:
Lookin GREAT, as usual!!! Hows it goin Brother FUnc?
whats up AA!! im doing great, except for the fact i just woke up... the last 2 days i only got 4 hrs of sleep, i definately made up for it with 13 hrs last nite. I've never slept that long in my life and i never want to again!!

shiznit2169 said:
wow, you're bench has gone up dramatically. You used to couldnt do 225 like a month ago and you're already at the 245 mark. Too bad im still stuck on 225 but im getting there! :rolleyes:
yup it definately has, and i love it. good luck with 225 man, keep workin at it

So far this summer I've been going to bed at 2-3 in the morning like I did during school, except now I'm sleeping until noon time instead of 7. I think my body likes it, ha.

How on earth has your bench shot up so much? That's a big jump.

soxmuscle said:
So far this summer I've been going to bed at 2-3 in the morning like I did during school, except now I'm sleeping until noon time instead of 7. I think my body likes it, ha.

How on earth has your bench shot up so much? That's a big jump.
lol.. i hate sleepin this much, i feel like i was in a coma for a week because i missed so much shit haha.

I was very disgusted with my BP in comparison to my squat and dead... my bp just wasnt proportional at all to my lower body strength. It definately had to do with my form, but other than that, just hard work and determination

ME Lower

Squats
365 x 3
375 x 3
385 x 3
395 x 1 PB
405 x 1 PB
415 x 1 PB
425 x 1 PB
435 x 1 PB
445 x 1 PB
455 x 0 (F)

Standing GM
135 x 3
185 x 3
205 x 3
225 x 1 PB
225 x 1

Yates rows
245 x 5
265 x 5 PB
275 x 5 PB

Weighted Pullups
bw +25 x 5
bw +25 x 5

DB Rows
80 x 8
80 x 8

Seated Leg extensions
90 x 12
90 x 12
90 x 15

DB Shrugs
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10

Concentration curls
40 x 8
40 x 8

Swiss situps
x12
x12
x12

Vsits
x12
x12
x12

SICK workout. First time ever singling with squats and it was awesome, i just kept adding weight, i seriously thought I was gunna go forever. I wasnt tired, winded, or soar at all. I felt great. I almost had 455 but I fell just short of locking out.

I've been eating like an animal and its showing. Im getting bigger and I weigh more than ever.

BW: 209.5 (empty stomach)

Last edited:
unbelievable squats for a guy your size and age. I could never even come close to that. Are you going parallel or ATF? I wish i had a home gym set so i can try to go heavier with a rack to prevent injuries but it's a mental thing for me since a lot of people at my gym watch me.

thanks shiz.

yes, squats are very mental. gravity is working against you so i tend to era on the side of caution myself. screw the people at the gym man, put some headphones on and blast something good, tunes them right out.

Back