• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

carbs past 6pm?

kraziplaya

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
im curious if anyone has had success with loss of bodyfat when they stopped taking in carbs after 6pm.....anyone??

you want to have the most carbs in the morning and as the day goes on, decrease it and protein should be increased. I personally have a small portion of carbs or none at all, just protein and fats.

I work out at night so I have to eat carbs, but just enough to power my recuperation through the night.

I eat carbohydrates at all 6 of my meals.

I have no direct carb source, like oats, brown rice, etc, before bed, I just have cott cheese, plus my protein powders. I wouldnt worry about having carbs in your last meal, just dont have something like oats... lol

FishOrCutBait said:
I have no direct carb source, like oats, brown rice, etc, before bed, I just have cott cheese, plus my protein powders. I wouldnt worry about having carbs in your last meal, just dont have something like oats... lol
Oats are the best tyoe of carbs you can eat before bed.:rolleyes:
But, I think you meant not to have a significant amount of carbs before bed.

I usually have 3/4 - 1 cup of oats before bed with my shake(casein). But of course I eat 560 grams of carbs a day so its probably different for most people. I have never thought that it was a good idea to limit your glycogen too much before bed because your body recovers most while you sleep. But if you get in enough throughout the day, your fine.:thumb:

kraziplaya said:
im curious if anyone has had success with loss of bodyfat when they stopped taking in carbs after 6pm.....anyone??
The whole 'no carbs after xpm' thing is a myth (sometimes it is 3pm.. sometimes 5pm.... sometimes 6pm... That should say enough about the legitimacy of the 'rule'!).

The concept was originally developed to help restrict peoples night-times snacking habits (popcorn and chips in front of the evening TV) which can results in a whole heap of 'mindless' calories!

Well, because decreasing overall daily calorie intake helped the weight loss - people assumed that the weight loss was the magical effects of not "eating carbs at night"! :rolleyes: So the myth has stuck.

Generally, I suggest people focus most of their carbs around when they are most active - which for most is earlier in the day and around workouts. So if you are active later in the day then there is no reason to avoid carbs and if you workout later in the evening then carbs are pretty essential to help with performance and recovery.

But some people will also do best on diets where they space their carbs, protein and fats evenly over the course of the day (esp. for those people who have blood glucose instability issues) so they are also fine with carbs later in the evening.

And although some people argue that 'insulin sensitivity is decreased at night' the level of decrease is basically insignificant - and if you are eating healthy foods and you need the carbs/energy then your body is not just going to store it all away!

There have also been studies to show that when given a large meal before bed, those on a calorie restricted diet actually lost less lean body mass than those who ate a small evening meal.

If your overall daily calorie intake is on track, if you are getting enough protein and essential fats and if your food choices are 98% healthy, then carbs at night is not going to prove a problem at all.

Thanks, Emma--again!

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks Emma, your awesome :thumbs:

Hey Krazi, Why are you worried about carbs now? I thought you were in the middle of a bulk cycle? Or was this for future reference?

By the way, how did the shots go with your friend?

largepkg said:
Hey Krazi, Why are you worried about carbs now? I thought you were in the middle of a bulk cycle? Or was this for future reference?

By the way, how did the shots go with your friend?

wsup large...its for need to know info...im in a bulk but im tryin to avoid midsection fat during this bulk...im keeping it real clean...but i had a cold for about 5 days and my diet went to hell...my buddy switched to his quad and reported no problems..so things are cool...

kraziplaya said:
wsup large...its for need to know info...im in a bulk but im tryin to avoid midsection fat during this bulk...im keeping it real clean...but i had a cold for about 5 days and my diet went to hell...my buddy switched to his quad and reported no problems..so things are cool...

I hear ya. I'm eating like an Ethiopian at his last dinner! :D I can cut real easy though.

Good news for your friend. Quad shots are great! :thumb:

Back