• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

White Rice?

reflex

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is it bad to eat white rice, instead of brown, I'm getting hella sick of brown rice and it's watery taste of nothing.

Also, cheese on toast. Cheddar cheese and brown bread, yay or nay? I'm on a cut, but I don't plan to compete.

I would say brown or basmati rice is the best, especially on a cut, but if you absolutely can't eat it, go for white rice, but just limit it. Make yourself a stir fry with lots of veggies, chicken, and a bit of white rice on the side. Also, I don't eat much brown rice myself either, but I have taken a liking to whole wheat pasta.. If you haven't tried it, you can use this instead of white and brown rice as well.

As per cheese, people may disagree with me, but I think low fat cheese is good. Cottage cheese is excellent as well (cottage cheese on toast is probably the best way to go), and kudos for eating whole wheat bread instead of white bread :).

reflex said:
Is it bad to eat white rice, instead of brown, I'm getting hella sick of brown rice and it's watery taste of nothing.
Most white rices are low in fibre and vitamins and higher in GI than brown rice... Basmati rice, although white (and therefore lower in fibre and vitamins), is lower in GI and so it is a little better for you...

You could also try brown basmati rice or other grains such as pearl barley - these are lower in GI and have more vitamins and minerals than white rice as well.

Sure, white rice is better for you than other processed carbs, bu if you want to eat it I would have it PWO (when you want a relatively higher GI carb) or you could have it occasionally in other meals if you combine it with lots of vegetables, healthy fats and protein to decrease the glycaemic load of the meal.

Also, cheese on toast. Cheddar cheese and brown bread, yay or nay? I'm on a cut, but I don't plan to compete.
Well - it depends on how strict you want to be. As long as your calories are ok for the day and as long as you get enough of what you need, then it should not impact too much and it would be ok.

I wouldn't do it on brown bread - brown bread is just white bread with colours added to it... But if you had some low fat/low carb cheese (we have stuff here that for 100g = 6g fat, 0g carbs and 35.5g protein) and you used sprouted bread then that would be better.

If you were going to be really strict - you wouldn't do either...

Maybe he means whole wheat bread and is saying brown bread? That's waht I thought

yeah, like emma said, try pearled barley, its very good, and actually swells up larger than regular brown rice, so you get more bang for your buck... try it out, you wont be dissapointed.

Back