• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

My turn to be critiqued...

rashly

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, I am 21 years old, male, 157lbs, 5???6???. I have a decent amount of muscle, but also a nice layer of fat over my gut. I am trying to cut for the next 6-8 weeks.

I workout Monday-Friday from 4:30pm-5:00pm. Monday is shoulders/traps, Tuesdayt is bis/back/lats, Wenesday is legs, Thursday is chest/tris, Friday is abs and obliques. Just weights, no cardio during the week, but I???ll usually run for 30 minutes on Saturday and Sunday. I usually have about 60 more grams of carbs on Wednesday after dinner (300 cals) and on the weekends I usually have a few more carbs and cals.

I have a multivitamin in the morning and a calcium pill before I go to bed.

Here is my cutting diet for the summer. I am very limited to what I can eat because I have IBS. No fats, no sugars, no oils, no dairy, no alcohol, no vegetables, no nuts, and no corn (which is in everything). That is the reason why my fats are so low in my diet and I can only have pure eggwhite shakes (with no sugar or anything. Tastes like crap). I have a fiber drink and 5g of l-glutamine with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For my liquid input, I have these 6 glasses, my shake, 2 cups of green tea, and what water I drink when I work out. It sucks, and what is listed is pretty much the extent of what I can eat.

Diet: http://www.theblam.net/misc/diet.xls

Can you please critique my diet? I???d like some tips on how to improve it, but I realize that I don???t have many options due to me having IBS. I seem to be doing alright on it, but I am hungry throughout the day (especially after dinner) and I???m not seeing the progress that I???d like.

Thank you.

Last edited:
your diet isnt the greatest. You should eliminate the banana and use dextrose or maltodextrin. Fructose after a workout isnt the greatest. Cut the carbs on Wednesday. Eliminate some of your carb percentages during the week. Keep carbs lower during the week and jack them up during the weekend (healthy) so that you get a refeed.
And what's with the cal pill before bed?
You need more cardio.
Drink a lot more water-about a gallon a day.
Use EFAs.

Your diet is boring as hell.

Thanks for your help. I'll try to cut back on the carbs during the week.

What would be better post workout than a banana? Oats?

In my opinon for what it's worth, your going to long between meals. You need to eat about every two hours to keep your metabolism amped up. If you go to long and you get hungry, your body starts to hang on to fat.

Juggernaut is correct, your diet is extremely boring. I know cutting carbs back is tough but if your not doing enough cardio to burn them off so they get stored as fat.

You need to find some other foods to mix in there and spread it out so you have 6 to 8 meals a day.

What I've found works good for me in helping to lose fat, is not to eat anything 3 hours before I go to bed. Then an about 1.5 hours after the last meal of the day, I ride a recumbant bike for 40 minutes. Then first thing in the morning I take my ECA and again ride the recumbant bike for 40 minutes so I'm getting a total of 80 minutes of cardio a day 6 days a week. This also allows me to eat more carbs during the day since I burn them off.

Post work out you want to replenish your protien stores. A good protein shake will take care of the protien. I also have a natural peanut butter sandwich on low carb wheat bread with honey with it to take care of the carbs.

You have to find a few things to try and see how your body reacts. Every body is different.

Last edited:
I hope I read the diet right.
Meals and snacks:
1. 0 fat, 36.5 carb, 18.5 protein....add some fat and protein
2. 8 fat, 60 carb, 56 protein.....too much protein.40-45 is better
3. 2.5 fat, 0 carb, 37.5 protein...
4. 0 fat, 31 carb, 25 protein....add some fat..protein is ok but you can up it.
5. 9 fat, 6 carb, 66 protein...too much protein
6. 0 fat, 1 carb, 10.5 protein...add everything.

Total fat 19.5, carb 134, protein 213...

19.5 grams of fat is way too low, you need at least 2x that amount
carbs are ok but spread them out..esp. meal 5 and 6
protein is good but even it out in every meal.

I am unfamiliar with the dietary requirements of IBS so my advise doesn't include any alterations for that condition.
This is just a quick observation....emma-leigh will give you much better and more detailed advise.

Back