• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

do u take time released protein ?

i have never used it. i usually use 50 grams whey with 3 cups milk before bed.

Protein digestion is initated in the stomach, dietary proteins are denatured by HCI produced by stomach glands in preparation for enzymatic digestion. It seems unlikely that you can significantly alter the rate of absorption.

Last edited:
C3LTICS said:
do u take time released protein ? and is it any good?

technically any protein supplement that contains over 40% caesin or milk proteinisolates is time released. nothing special about that particular protein powder

the main difference is the rate of modulation from the different protein powders. whey protein fractions are digested and modulated at a much higher rate than caesin and milk protein isolates (contains both whey and caesin) due to the difference in the actual protein structures. so in esseence the amino acids from a caesin based protein supplement are actually released at a lower rate into the portal bloodstream..aka time released

Why should casein protein be taken before bed? Why not a "normal" whey protein?
I know it has something to do with the slower rate of digestion and absorbtion of casein, but im unsure of the logic behind this.

JimDugba said:
Why should casein protein be taken before bed? Why not a "normal" whey protein?
I know it has something to do with the slower rate of digestion and absorbtion of casein, but im unsure of the logic behind this.

the main difference is the rate of modulation from the different protein powders. whey protein fractions are digested and modulated at a much higher rate than caesin and milk protein isolates (contains both whey and caesin) due to the difference in the actual protein structures. so in esseence the amino acids from a caesin based protein supplement are actually released at a lower rate into the portal bloodstream..aka time released

I understand that. But I dont understand the basic nutritional concept of that. Why is it more important to take a slower realeasing protein before bed? Is this because our metabolic rates decrease when we are sleeping?

JimDugba said:
I understand that. But I dont understand the basic nutritional concept of that. Why is it more important to take a slower realeasing protein before bed? Is this because our metabolic rates decrease when we are sleeping?

the amino acid profile in whey is different then that of caesin. caesin contains several times the amount of L-leucine than whey. L-leucine is a VERY anticatabolic amino acid. so it is the combination of the slower modulating caesin and the high amounts of L-leucine that make is superior for night time use over whey protein fractions

IML Gear Cream!
C3LTICS said:
do u take time released protein ? and is it any good?
if youre looking to do a slow release in the cheapest way possible, do this:
1-2 scoops whey
4g of fish oil or flax by the tbsp
a tbsp of metamucil or some fiber supp.

The above mentioned items slow down the release of the protein.

LAM said:
the amino acid profile in whey is different then that of caesin. caesin contains several times the amount of L-leucine than whey. L-leucine is a VERY anticatabolic amino acid. so it is the combination of the slower modulating caesin and the high amounts of L-leucine that make is superior for night time use over whey protein fractions
couldnt he buy leucine by itself?

Back