• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

My latest work-outs......

Nick+

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My latest work-outs....(typed!)

I'm going to see if I can keep some sort of journal........
Only this once ,I'm posting them as jpgs-------typed out before.

Training done in Home Gym 3 straight bars, one EZ, set of DB's, bench, low Barbell stands (from which I start the squat in the lower position.)

All weights exclude bar weight. My plates are Kgs so everything in kgs.......

Probably seem like weird workout but they seem to work for me.... Cobbled together from books like 'Brawn'(which I've since thrown out because it pissed me off) Kelso's "Shrug book" which is good -but I no longer have.....

I used to only one set of everything years ago (Ellington Darden books that!) now more. Want my workouts to take around an hour- which they mainly do. Except for EZ bar and dumbells don't need to change any plates during work out- which I prefer.

Never done any warm-ups.......If it was exceptionally cold and early in the morning, then I would.

My Cardio? Very little : one hour of horse riding a week, changing gears in car, errrr. Was doing a lot of blacksmithing/forgework until about two weeks ago.........

Diet ..............

DB=Dumbbell BB = barbell UH=underhand OV= overhand r=reps

ROUTINE A (current weight used and number of set(s) x reps) once 1x10 or 2x10 reps reached I increase weight. All weights given are plate weights loaded. Weight given in DB sets is weight per DB.

Squat 88kgs/194lbs 1x9r + 1x7r
DB pullover 26kgs/58lbs 1x10 (lying along the length of bench)
Press in front of neck(BB) 28kgs/61lbs 1x 10r + 1x10r
Bent over row(UH) 48kgs/105lbs 1x10r
" " " " " " 1x10r followed immediately by
" " shrug (UH) " " 1x10r
" " shrug (OV) " " 1x10r
Bicep curl EZ bar 29kgs/64lbs 2x10r
Triceps extension DB 21kgs/46lbs 2x10r
Close grip bench press 50kgs/110 2x10r
OPTIONAL;
Lat raise sitting DB EACH4kgs(!!) x 10 (just started those)
Ivenko gripper 2x10

(I'll be increasing weight on most of those above next workout)

ROUTINE B (Just started wide grip on bench press so reduced weight on bar a lot, to get used to it)

Bench Press 50kgs/110lbs 2x10r
Bench Shrug " " 2x10r
DB flye 18kgs/40lbs 1x8r
Close grip bench press 49kgs/108lbs 2x10r
DB pullover 22kgs/ 48lbs 1x8r
Bent legged deadlift 65kgs/143lbs 2x10r
Hise shrug 94kgs/207lbs 12r +10r (aim for 2x 15r with these)
Reverse bicep curl EZbar 29kgs/64lbs 1x10r 1x6r
Calf raiseDB -negatives* 28kg/62lbs 2x10r
Abdom. crunch 14kgs**/30lbs 1x8r 1x5r
OPTIONAL
Gripper ( as in routine A)
notes:
* On a wood block, raise weight with both calves lower with one DB in hand.
** Holding 10kg plate behind head ,the rest on chest(in woollen sock so it doesn't slip) Moving some plate weight behind head(because 10kg plate was too big for chest) has made exercise much harder.....

Alternate between Routine A+B Would like to train 4 times a week , failing at the minute..............

Present stats (not complete) bigger right arm: 16 1/2" {other 1/2" behind} chest 46"
Height: 193cms/6'4" Weight: 104kgs/230lbs

RoutineA.jpg

RoutineB.jpg

Last edited:
lol, its hard to read that shit. Don't you have excel or something to make it more neat?

Good luck with your Journal Nick. It's something I'll follow. Is a reverse bicep curl simply lifting the weight w/ your palms down instead of up?

Decker said:
Good luck with your Journal Nick. It's something I'll follow. Is a reverse bicep curl simply lifting the weight w/ your palms down instead of up?

Palms down.

shiznit2169 said:
lol, its hard to read that shit. Don't you have excel or something to make it more neat?

I'll type it out soon.Don't have excel.....

Last edited:
Did Routine A on Saturday and B on Sunday - am going to try and train 4 times a week- it seems to work better. Sat/Sun ,Tue,Thu

Decided to use up a jar of creatine and not waste it, started loading last Thursday--------- see what happens with that.

shrinking.jpg

Oh yea- the main reason - is probably that I've been hitting the bottle more these last few weeks---some people just don't learn..... :D

Here's my training since 12th July 2005----yea not enough. See how things go with no alcohol at all for the whole of this month......... :rolleyes:

020805RoutineA.jpg

020805RoutineB.jpg

Does one put into a training journal, the days one means to train but doesn't :confused:
I don't know........ I will though, and maybe at some future date learn something.

I prepared all the bars , with correct weights on them yesterday. Went up this afternoon , feeling woolly in the head (no not a hangover :mad: ) Ankles still a bit sore from walking in the mountains on Sunday......

So it's meant to be routine A today starting with the squat 90kgs (97 incl. bar) 213lbs. I lifted the bar onto the waist high stand I start my squats from, and even then I know it-- there's no energy there. Position myself under the bar, feel it on the shoulders, and can't move it an inch....... So I stop , change into my clothes, turn off the light and bugger off out of there. One good workout. :D

Tommorrow ? :eek:

:) Be good if I did it 4 times a week. That's when I seemed to make some gains. (By that I mean 2x routine A, 2x routine B a week)

IML Gear Cream!
Nick, could you by any chance show us some pics of your gym setup? Like i would love to see how you set everything up where the bench is, powerrack is (if u have one) and all the dumbbells etc...if u dont mind. Are you limited in the amount of weight to use or do you have plenty of weights that will allow you to go up to like 300+ for any exercise?

I've got a few minutes free now I'll dash up now with the cameraand see . It's as basic as hell!!!!!

better to have weights than nothing at all, or drive 45 mins everyday :rolleyes:

Im off to the gym, ill check it out when i get back! Its leg day!

homegym1.jpg

Bar ready for next squats in foreground. Stands for squatting(homemade) behind. Bench press has a completely useless leg curl and a partly effective leg extension(hardly used). Big block is for standing on for bent legged deadlift + calves. Small block for heels when squatting. Gas heater essential for winter! Fan very essential for summer! Training records since last November on wall beneath posters of horses (eccentric me? yes a bit.)

homegym2.jpg

Bucket of whey powder on left (two scoops with 1/2l of water after most workouts) Ivenko gripper. Folded Turkish rug for doing trunk curls on(lower leg on bench) Shorts thrown onto belt on left.Empty beer bottle next to whey, lots of empty water bottles.Bar nearest fan is not bent, that's the camera lens...

homegym3.jpg

Me looking fucking awful, just to show that space is limited in there. I used to crack my head on that damned beam all the time, but seemed to have learned not to now.Artificial flowers on right left there by the last owners of the house.........;

Plates and bars :
3 straight barbells
1 EZ
2 dumbell bars
Ivenko gripper , belt,, gloves (only used for present BP)

8x20kg plates, 10x10kg plates, 12x5kgs plates, 14x2kg plates, 12x1kg plates, + some 1/2 kg plates + some old vinyl 2.5+5lbs plates

Total kgs ? 365kgs aprox. (Hmmm, wonder how good that is for the floor........) :blah:

hey, thats not bad at all for a home gym set. It just looks very messy, i cant stand being messy. I'd probably line up all the weights in order (like a rack) from lightest to heaviest. That's a pretty cool squat rack you have there so if you failed it would drop onto that.

Although you dont have a lot, you still have pretty much everything you need for compound exercises that are most important (deads, squat, bench, rows) but it sucks you cant used specific machines like rope cable pulls, pressdowns, leg curls and extensions, etc..

I see you're a big fan of horses (farms) as you post a lot of pictures. Did you grow up on a farm or did you develop an interest for horses at a young age?

I was born in London, but have lived a fair bit in the country since then.

Yea it's a mess in there, usually have the plates leaning against the walls, and less bottles!

Horses are nice just damned expensive.

on the wagon work-out

Stopped drinking 4 days ago (in my 4th day that is). Was feeling weak and shitty, but my mind told me today that I would probably manage to train. But it seems like mind over matter doesn't always work......... Maybe I should hit the bottle again as quickly as possible! :D I won't however, give it more time, and maybe things will come round...........

050805RoutineA.jpg

try drinking lots of water in replace of the beer. It takes time when you change something but your strength will go up.

shiznit2169 said:
try drinking lots of water in replace of the beer. It takes time when you change something but your strength will go up.

I always drink lots of water , maybe 4+litres a day. :barf:

I did a big tidy up where I train by the way, your comments stung me into action
:thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
eerggh! Those flowers, I didn't put them there, but I havn't removed them either............ :chomp:

shiznit2169 said:
what comments are you referring to?

"hey, thats not bad at all for a home gym set. It just looks very messy, i cant stand being messy. " :thumb:

hahaa, i take it you cleaned it up a little bit? It would honestly be so much easier if everything was organized and all the weights were lined up so when you finish a set, you wouldn't have to waste time looking around for that 10-pound plate. :D

Yea, got rid of the bottles and tidied up, still got to run the vacumn cleaner over . That bench I've got, is shit,I'm going to have to put thick metal sheet under the long cushion part as it's bending at the end . Real trash...............

OK. This is what comes of not drinking , no energy at all, havn't trained in days. I suppose it's all a good sign, and I should just be patient....... :headbang: :headbang:

I thought I'd have "the force" today , but thinking appears not to be enough...... Had to stop when I did, as I was getting white sparks in front of my eyes...... :bash:

080805RoutineB.jpg

Went better today. Had much more energy. Felt a bit nauseaus half way through but it passed. When I burped , I got the delightful flavour of tinned{canned} ravioli in my throat. I ill advisedly ate a lot for lunch...............(3hours before).

The squat is really pissing me off, I find myself looking down with my eyes, and not straight ahead......I just can't keep my head up. Very slightly strained the lower right back.........(Usually before it's been the left side!)

Bent over row and shrugs excellent , the second set of (underhand)rows is followed immediately by underhand shrugs. No pause. Those done, I do the last set of shrugs ,overhand after a 2 minute break. Felt it in the lats!!!

110805RoutineA.jpg

Thanks B_Reed and shiznet. :thumb: B_Reed my patience is running thin with 'things', I'm 39 now for God's sake........ :rolleyes: :eek: :gosh:

Back