• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

In what condition to start a cycle?

Mags

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am a natural at the moment and have my first competition coming up in october. I am wondering though, when would it be best to start a cycle, after the competition when I'm at my leanest/more quality muscle or should I put on abit more weight again then start? I only thought of this as someone on here mentioned how if you do cycles and you're already overweight or fatter than the usual, it can cause more problems than just muscle growth, hence why I thought maybe being at your leanest may be better. Any ideas. I'm about 211lbs with a low bf already and will be dieting for this competition so will lose alittle weight obviously. Cheers.

More bodyfat leads to a few more sides/potential sides. A lot of people run a cycle to help cut, for you though I wouldn't suggest that. If I were you, I would wait until after the show to do a first cycle. You've come this far clean, so give it a go. You'll also be able to compare later, which would be good as to help you figure out when a cycle is best (as in are you the type of person who could use one to cut? Or do you do that no problem?) Plus, after you start gear, you're in a whole new world.

I agree with my friend!

musclepump said:
More bodyfat leads to a few more sides/potential sides. A lot of people run a cycle to help cut, for you though I wouldn't suggest that. If I were you, I would wait until after the show to do a first cycle. You've come this far clean, so give it a go. You'll also be able to compare later, which would be good as to help you figure out when a cycle is best (as in are you the type of person who could use one to cut? Or do you do that no problem?) Plus, after you start gear, you're in a whole new world.

musclepump said:
Yeah, i'm fortunate enough to have a metabolism in overdrive so i diet fairly well. Ive always remained relatively defined throughout weight gaining through the last five years of lifting, even now at 4200 cals a day at an attempt to push some growth, I still have good visable abs, obliques and vascularity (oh my god, how big headed do I sound?) etc. Am looking forward to giving a cycle ago, may not be for another couple of months though. If Im naturally leaner Im assuming my gains off of a cycle will be a more quality muscle mass and may possibly have better chances of keeping it, any truth there? Cheers for the input chaps!

sup mags, hows it goin mate?

why not stay clean for this comp, then hit the juice afterwards over the winter, something like test/dbol to bulk up.. and then maybe a cutter before the summer? (if you feel you need it) that is what i'm planning over the next year

just ensure that you feel you are getting close to your natural genetic limit, if you can still gain well without AS then don't rush into taking them, trust me, once you start it is very hard to go back to training clean, this past month has been the hardest month of my life as far as training goes! half the battle is just getting to the gym, the other half is staying in the gym for more than 5 mins! flex was right.. pct sucks!

young d said:
sup mags, hows it goin mate?

why not stay clean for this comp, then hit the juice afterwards over the winter, something like test/dbol to bulk up.. and then maybe a cutter before the summer? (if you feel you need it) that is what i'm planning over the next year

just ensure that you feel you are getting close to your natural genetic limit, if you can still gain well without AS then don't rush into taking them, trust me, once you start it is very hard to go back to training clean, this past month has been the hardest month of my life as far as training goes! half the battle is just getting to the gym, the other half is staying in the gym for more than 5 mins! flex was right.. pct sucks!
For a first cycle, I'm sounding like a broken record, but I'd go with a simple Test only cycle.

I won't be using any gear for this competition, its 12 weeks away today, so there's no point using any cycle to bulk if Im gonna have to diet (although I reckon I could diet enough in six weeks and definately in ten weeks) down and don't want my first AS experience to be some half arsed oral cutting cycle etc. Like D said, i'll probably have a go of a cycle (probably test/Dbol etc) during the winter months, after xmas, although again as D said I want to regain as much of my muscle mass/weight etc after the contest to my natural heaviest limit first. I reckon I can get back up to 211lbs (just over 15 stone I think) with a relatively low bf just by hard training and increasing carbs again. If I can maintain that then I'll possibly get on cycle (overall goal is about 230lbs cut-250lbs bulkier etc) and see how I get on. Cheers for the input guys. Soz to hear bout the problems you incurred on cycle D, good luck with ya next cycle dude.

Mags said:
I won't be using any gear for this competition, its 12 weeks away today, so there's no point using any cycle to bulk if Im gonna have to diet (although I reckon I could diet enough in six weeks and definately in ten weeks) down and don't want my first AS experience to be some half arsed oral cutting cycle etc. Like D said, i'll probably have a go of a cycle (probably test/Dbol etc) during the winter months, after xmas, although again as D said I want to regain as much of my muscle mass/weight etc after the contest to my natural heaviest limit first. I reckon I can get back up to 211lbs (just over 15 stone I think) with a relatively low bf just by hard training and increasing carbs again. If I can maintain that then I'll possibly get on cycle (overall goal is about 230lbs cut-250lbs bulkier etc) and see how I get on. Cheers for the input guys. Soz to hear bout the problems you incurred on cycle D, good luck with ya next cycle dude.
sounds like a good plan to me bro, thanks for the post in my thread and your support on my next cycle

Back