• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cutting off cycle (is it possible?)

Tha Don

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
is it possible to cut in the period between cycles without losing a large amount of muscle mass?

i have a holiday in 4 weeks, and i want to trim down a little, i'm currently 17% BF, and want to get below the 15% mark, 13-14% would be nice, aiming for 2lbs a week, just worried that i will lose more of my gains

i went from 184 to 207 on my first cycle (5 weeks of dbol and test en.), dropped to 204 after the dbol, and now at the end of pct i'm around 198, bodyfat is still up at 17% though (it was 16.5% when i came off) and i can tell i really need to shift some

i don't really want to run anything hormonal as i want my natty test to be in full flow for my hols, thinking about running some OTC fat burners, upping the cardio but keeping carbs at a reasonable level so not to lose too much size, obviously a high protein intake as well

any thoughts?

ever thought about running clen? I gained a good amount of fat from my last test/EQ cycle, and have been using clen in 2 weeks increments for the past 2 months. It's no miracle fat loss drug, but I haven't noticed any drop in strength despite the fact that I cut my cals. Im still taking in a good amount of protein and doing at least 20min. of cardio 5 days a week. For me the sides haven't been bad at all even though im keeping it around 120mcg ED.

gococksDJS said:
ever thought about running clen? I gained a good amount of fat from my last test/EQ cycle, and have been using clen in 2 weeks increments for the past 2 months. It's no miracle fat loss drug, but I haven't noticed any drop in strength despite the fact that I cut my cals. Im still taking in a good amount of protein and doing at least 20min. of cardio 5 days a week. For me the sides haven't been bad at all even though im keeping it around 120mcg ED.
well i have some clen and keto on me, i've heard about the effects of clen on the heart though and that kinda puts me off it (along with the sides), i guess i could run a low dose for a couple of weeks before my hols, i'm only looking to lose about 5-6lbs of fat, just concerned about muscle loss, but i guess clen is anti-catabolic so it might be a good idea :bulb:

so how much fat would you say you are dropping a week on the clen? are you running ECA or anything on the off weeks? do you notice any crash or sides when you drop off the clen?

young d said:
well i have some clen and keto on me, i've heard about the effects of clen on the heart though and that kinda puts me off it (along with the sides), i guess i could run a low dose for a couple of weeks before my hols, i'm only looking to lose about 5-6lbs of fat, just concerned about muscle loss, but i guess clen is anti-catabolic so it might be a good idea :bulb:

so how much fat would you say you are dropping a week on the clen? are you running ECA or anything on the off weeks? do you notice any crash or sides when you drop off the clen?
The first two weeks I started at 20mcg ED and worked up to 100mcg, then did use ECA the two weeks in between. The second 2 weeks I started at 80mcg and have gone as high as 150 in 2 divided doses, and have had no insomnia or unbearable sides. The increase in sweating is a little embarassing because I work in an analytical chemistry lab and when I get here in the morning it looks like I just ran a marathon. When the dose gets above 100mcg, I stick to fairly low intensity cardio because I could feel the effect of the clen when I did high intensity cardio. It's hard to follow my weight loss by the week because it's not drastic but i'd say in the 7 weeks since I began, ive probably dropped around 7-8 lbs. When I came off my last cycle, I was around 212, started using clen when I was around 205 and am around 196-197 right now. Although I eat a fairly clean diet, I would see better results if I cleaned it up a bit, but I do keep my protein intake high. IMO the anti-catabolic effect of clen is the one ive noticed the most. Although my endurance is down when compared to being on test/EQ, my strenght gains haven't dropped since I started using clen despite the calorie cut, which is nice.

Oh I forgot to mention, I do get the shakes but they go away a few hours after I take it.

seems like the clen is working very well for you, i am definately considering running it now, the anti-catabolic effect is certainly the most appealing aspect of the clen for me as the last time i cut was after my 1-ad pct with eca and i could not stop losing muscle! i ended up smaller after 3 weeks of cutting then i did before my cycle! so obviously cutting off cycle is something which i really am rather reluctant to do, but its the summer, i can't be looking fat on my hols!

i'm thinking of this, running the clen in the 2 weeks just before my hols...
day1: 20mcg
day2: 40mcg
day3: 60mcg
day4: 60mcg
day5: 80mcg
day6: 80mcg
day7-14: 80-100mcg(depending on sides)

should i taper down the clen dose before i come off? any withdrawl symptoms of clen? is it cool to take all of my dose upon waking up (i work out in the evenings and i've heard to take clen away from workouts due to the sides)

so gococks you got no sides apart from the sweats? any anxiety or sleeping issues?

young d said:
seems like the clen is working very well for you, i am definately considering running it now, the anti-catabolic effect is certainly the most appealing aspect of the clen for me as the last time i cut was after my 1-ad pct with eca and i could not stop losing muscle! i ended up smaller after 3 weeks of cutting then i did before my cycle! so obviously cutting off cycle is something which i really am rather reluctant to do, but its the summer, i can't be looking fat on my hols!

i'm thinking of this, running the clen in the 2 weeks just before my hols...
day1: 20mcg
day2: 40mcg
day3: 60mcg
day4: 60mcg
day5: 80mcg
day6: 80mcg
day7-14: 80-100mcg(depending on sides)

should i taper down the clen dose before i come off? any withdrawl symptoms of clen? is it cool to take all of my dose upon waking up (i work out in the evenings and i've heard to take clen away from workouts due to the sides)

so gococks you got no sides apart from the sweats? any anxiety or sleeping issues?
sorry it took me so long to respond, i was out of town for the weekend. I started at 20mcg and went all the way up to 100 my first time, but now I usually go up to 140-150. I take it in one dose because I found that splitting it affected my workout if I took it a few hours before heading to the gym. The sides I experienced were the shakes and sweating and thats about it. I've never had any trouble sleeping or anxiety.

gococksDJS said:
sorry it took me so long to respond, i was out of town for the weekend. I started at 20mcg and went all the way up to 100 my first time, but now I usually go up to 140-150. I take it in one dose because I found that splitting it affected my workout if I took it a few hours before heading to the gym. The sides I experienced were the shakes and sweating and thats about it. I've never had any trouble sleeping or anxiety.
no problem bro thanks for getting back to me

currently on my 3rd day of clen ATM, did 20mcg, 40mcg, and today 60mcg, tomorrow i'll hit 80mcg

so far only side i've noticed is the shakes, no sweating as of yet, how long did it take for the sweats to kick in?

also when you tried to do intense cardio what did you feel? and what do your low-intensity cardio sessions consist of?

young d said:
the anti-catabolic effect is certainly the most appealing aspect of the clen for me

the anti-catabolic effects of clen are severely overrated. don't drop your cals too low. make sure to eat your meals on a regular schedule. if you can afford it 10-20 grams/day of BCAA's help a lot when dieting down

LAM said:
the anti-catabolic effects of clen are severely overrated. don't drop your cals too low. make sure to eat your meals on a regular schedule. if you can afford it 10-20 grams/day of BCAA's help a lot when dieting down
i'll try that LAM thanks, i can get BCAA powder in bulk over here for not such a bad price, tastes pretty wretched though, should i just add it to shakes/meals in 5g installments?

IML Gear Cream!
young d said:
should i just add it to shakes/meals in 5g installments?

you can do it like that or take 1/2 pre WO and 1/2 post WO. on non weight training days you can take it pre and post cardio (if you do cardio on those days). many ways to utilize BCAA's

LAM said:
you can do it like that or take 1/2 pre WO and 1/2 post WO. on non weight training days you can take it pre and post cardio (if you do cardio on those days). many ways to utilize BCAA's
i'll take 10g immediately before and after my workouts then, i'm currently doing a little cardio at the end of my weights sessions, i'm hitting the weights 6 times a day right now (chest,lats+traps,calves+abs,delts,bis+tris,quads+calves+abs,rest), next week i plan to add some morning cardio in on top of that schedule, just don't have the energy for any long workouts when dieting, esp. without any eph. in me hence i keep them short and frequent (same as bulking, seems to work better for myself at the moment - going to the gym everyday and just smashing one bodypart)

could i add ephedrine in before cardio and/or weights sessions for a mental and metabolic boost? if not what about OTC fat burners? still got some lipo-6 left over from my last cut? will they help at all whilst i'm on the clen?

Simply dropping carbs, and sodium, will cut water retention causing "mass loss."

So cutting off gear will cause a double loss of "mass."

Did you use anti-e or arimidex

I heard from a veteran when on a cycle you should try not to get past 15% bf mainly because of how hard it is to recover when cutting. The only reason I say that is b/c you are on a d-bol test-Enanthate cycle which everyone know will cause water retention and fatty deposits.

Some people never bulk past even 10% bodyfat, everyone chooses a different path. There are good reasons not to get past 12% or so, i.e. insulin resistant muscles and insulin sensative fat stores that just make the problem continue to get worse.

Testosterone and dbol dont make you fat.

Back