• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

shoulder workouts

I Are Baboon

pedal pedal pedal
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What kind of shoulder workouts do you guys perform? My shoulder routine is getting kind of stale and I need something new. Here's a typical shoulder routine for me:

dumbell presses or barbell presses
side lat raises or front lat raises
Hammer Strength presses
machine lat raises

I usually do four sets of each, pyramiding from 10 reps down to 6. I also work my traps on some shoulder days (I rotate traps between shoulder and back days).

Just wondering what some of your routines are so I can steal them.
biggrin.gif

Here's my current shoulder/trap routine, which is performed after my chest workout:
1)Upright Row 3x4-6
2)Dumbell Shoulder Shrug 1 strip setx8-12

------------------
"I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose."

Originally posted by Maki Riddington:
2 sets of Dumbell Presses x 8 reps.
2 sets Lateral Raises x 10 reps.

that's it?

------------------
Just because the majority believes it, does not make it true!

At the moment my shoulder routine is exactly the same as Maki's.

Remember that delts also get stimulated via dips, bench and certain other excercises to a degree.

Ballast, is that all you do? Looks like just a trap workout to me. How do you isolate your delts?

<FONT COLOR="#000002" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[Edited 1 time by I Are Baboon on 08-15-2001 at 06:09 AM]</font>

I've decided to only do shrugs and lateral raises. I've started a 5 day rotation so I need to take it easy on the shoulders.

------------------
Can't never did nothin,(Dedicated to my father)

Baboon-Yeah, it basically is a trap-emphasis workout.The upright rows hit my delts pretty good(as long as I keep the bar close, almost dragging it up my body).And since the shoulders are worked in almost all chest and back exercises, I don't see the need to incorporate too many direct shoulder exercises.

------------------
"I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose."

IML Gear Cream!
I am currently following a POF structure on shoulder workouts.

• DB Presses
  • Behind the Back Lateral Cable Raises
  • Seated DB Laterals

I keep the reps in the 6-10 range. If you can do more than 10, go heavier.

If you're wondering about traps, I hit those with DL's on back day.

Originally posted by superman76:

If you're wondering about traps, I hit those with DL's on back day.

True, they do get stimulation in deads, but they are supposed to act as stabilzers during the movemnt. For a full ROM use shrugs, add 1-2 sets

Originally posted by Prince:
do you have good delts?

Prince, I saw his the picture from Wbb. He's got good Delts and AWESOME traps.
eek.gif

------------------
If you can't run with the big dogs...don't get off the porch.

Off the topic a little.

Are upright rows focusing on Back/Traps or Shoulders/Traps? I need to know that in order to adjust this exercise to the appropriate bodypart to combine. Thanks
smile.gif

Also, I've seen photos of ppl having really impressive, round, firm looking delts. What kind of exercises are normally done to achieve that kinda result?

Originally posted by Jason Da Bodiful:
Off the topic a little.

Are upright rows focusing on Back/Traps or Shoulders/Traps? I need to know that in order to adjust this exercise to the appropriate bodypart to combine. Thanks
smile.gif

<FONT COLOR="Blue">They work the side delts and the traps </FONT c>

Also, I've seen photos of ppl having really impressive, round, firm looking delts. What kind of exercises are normally done to achieve that kinda result?

<FONT COLOR="Blue">Go with a combo of exercises that'll work the front, side and back delts, genetics also plays a role in how they're gonna look. </FONT c>

------------------
Just another day in the gutter

I'm confused here. I always thought that the upright row was basically a bent over row upright, on a machine of course..that would work the back though...so what kind of upright row are you guys talking about?

I'm talking about a standing Upright Row, for the shoulders. Bent over would be for the back.

------------------
Just another day in the gutter

I find that Hand Stand push ups are a great way to shock shoulders into new growth. Just add them to the beginning of your shoulder day to pre-exhaust everything.

Back