• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

anti-depressants and performance enhancing substances

Tha Don

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
my doc has prescribed me with some "Citalopram", said i need to take 20mg/ed for 6 months

i just want to make sure that it is safe to run AAS, clen, t3 and ephedrine (obviously not all at the same time) whilst on these?

thanks

Bad%20Idea%20Jeans.jpg
:eek:

You have two choices here:
1. Actually talk to your Doctor about all the sh1t you are doing. Take his advise, but also do some intensive research for your self.

2. Cool out on all the "sports medicine" for a while.

ForemanRules said:
You have two choices here:
1. Actually talk to your Doctor about all the sh1t you are doing. Take his advise, but also do some intensive research for your self.

2. Cool out on all the "sports medicine" for a while.
well i'm off the juice, currently cutting on clen and eph (2wk rotation type thing), if it is a major problem then i'll put off the anti-depressants until i drop my unwanted bodyfat, then take them for 6 months whilst clean, i'm not suicidal or anything but i'd like to give em a try as i'm feeling a bit low right now

i've researched a little and apparently selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) do not interact with steroids, clen or eph, but they do effect the CNS, and i think eph and clen do too, but i can't imagine it would be anything major, just wanted to check and see if anyone could give me a good reason why it is a bad idea

honestly Dr's these days prescribe anti-depressants WAY to much. I would be wondering why he/she feels that you need them ? and if so what about the actual cause of the depression ? prescription meds are nothing but band-aids and don't solve any of the underlying problems

LAM said:
honestly Dr's these days prescribe anti-depressants WAY to much. I would be wondering why he/she feels that you need them ? and if so what about the actual cause of the depression ? prescription meds are nothing but band-aids and don't solve any of the underlying problems
yeah i agree LAM

just been a very bad year for me (academically and emotionally), failed my first year of uni and the girl i love totally hates my guts coz i acted like a total headcase a couple of months back, now i want her back n' she havin none of it, feel like i've really underachieved this past year, just being on a low ever since easter really (thats when it hit me that it would take a miracle to pass this year and i was already aruging a lot with my ex, could feel her slipping away and i started putting her before my studies, very bad idea), also not happy with how i look (whats new?) as i put on quite a bit of fat and lost muscle since i came off the sauce a month ago, i suppose you'd call it post cycle depression? but its amplified by the other shit thats gone on recently

Something to consider....

One of the reported sides of Steroids (although I myself have never experienced this) is depression after going off-cycle. This, coupled with the stressors you mentioned in your life, may be the catalyst that's causing your depression swings.

Like LAM said, looks like you are treating the symptoms and not the cause.

I once had a great discussion with my Brother (MD in California) about Prozac and I asked for his honest opinion. Here is his response...

"There is a legitimate time in some peoples life that they need chemical assistance to cope with overwhelming stressors that prevent them from interacting normally with society. But today, it is so easy to get prescription meds for anxiety, depression or whatever, most people are not interested in treating the root cause of thier problems. As long as they "feel fine" they think all is well. Here's the deal... Your life Sucks. You can't handle it. So you take prozac. Now, you life STILL sucks. You STILL can't handle it. You just no longer care that your life sucks and you can't handle it. This is simply not responsible medical practice."

My Brother Rocks! :)

What a fantastic way to put it. We are truely an overmedicated society (Children and Adderall/Ritalin is also a major problem)

IML Gear Cream!
The problem is not with the drugs, it is with us. Obviously getting to the root of the problem is the most effective way to fix the problem. Problem is, the root of the problem is always traced back to one place, yourself. Whether it be your inability to cope, inability to manage time/resources, etc. When it comes down to it, the first step should be to change yourself, problem is, this would require that you admit you are dysfunctional and you need to control it. It is so much easier to blame someone/something else (Chemical imbalance) out of your locus of control for your problems, just look at the fatsos suing McDonalds because that 3rd Double Quarter Pounder wasn't enough for them. I noticed once I started owning up to the shit I did that I was much happier and stuff got accomplished. It all started with this ADD shit people made up. Gimme a break, ADD is utter bullshit. You know what ADD is? For me it was transformer cartoons when I was 6-13, girls while I am 13-80, and if I'm privileged enough to live past 80 it's wondering where the fuck all the money I put into Social Security went.

Not directed at you d, just my rant of the day.

It's all true...

Those anti-depressants took my life away

Through clean living, pride in my work, and exercise (which gives self pride)

I have kicked all the bummers, and got a new woman,
who loves the man that I am now

But to answer your initial question, I wouldn't mix them regardless of whether or not there is a known drug interaction.

Back