PDA

View Full Version : Fat gain on AAS?

Tha Don
08-29-2005, 07:37 AM
what is the best way to keep the fat off whilst adding mass on anabolics?

i worked out that on my first cycle i added around 17lbs, about 9lbs was muscle and the other 8lbs was fat (this is after PCT, before PCT i was heavier and BF% was lower, but i'd still put a fair bit of fat on)

i was thinking of doing more cardio next cycle, running more anti-e, running clen over pct and controlling carbs.... with all these measures in place would it be possible to add that sort of muscle without the fat?

moneyshot11
08-29-2005, 08:17 AM
well im no expert by any means but since nobody responded to your thread ill tell you what i have picked up just by reading old posts and stuff.

First off you need to keep your diet as clean as possible. Im sure that is what is causing your to put on fat and not LBM. Make sure you are getting enought protein/fats/carbs.

Avoid sodium while on cycle this causes bloat and dont forget to drink a ton of water which also helps keep the bloat off.

By running AI something like Liquid dex/ Letrozole or something along thos lines will help control the bloat which is basically just water weight. but yes you can control fat gain by doing cardio 3x's a week shouldnt be a problem. Hopes this help

ZECH
08-29-2005, 10:17 AM
I think Mudge commented in another thread your diet needed help. Fat gain is totally from your diet, not gear. It can cause some temporary bloat, but the fat comes from food.

Tha Don
08-29-2005, 01:42 PM
I think Mudge commented in another thread your diet needed help. Fat gain is totally from your diet, not gear. It can cause some temporary bloat, but the fat comes from food.
well, the only processed food i eat is wholemeal bread and the odd bowl of weetabix, all the rest is totally clean (tuna, chicken, whey, salmon, egg whites, brown rice, potatos, oats, fruit, veg... and so on) no fast, pre-made, pre-cooked, canned food or anything along them lines :confused:

Tough Old Man
08-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Shut off ccarbs after 6 pm except for trace amounts found in veggies. Do a 45 min brisk walk 5 days a week first thing out of bed.
I will probably go for 2 walks like that a day 5 days a week as I started my bulk today which will last 7 months

Tough

Tha Don
08-29-2005, 02:32 PM
Shut off ccarbs after 6 pm except for trace amounts found in veggies. Do a 45 min brisk walk 5 days a week first thing out of bed.
I will probably go for 2 walks like that a day 5 days a week as I started my bulk today which will last 7 months

Tough
yeah, i think that might be a cause, too many carbs late in the evening, i'd normally get back from my workout and just be insanely hungry, after my PWO shake followed by a high protein meal such as 2 chicken breasts and a large portion of brown rice/baked potato, i'd normally rinse about 4 weetabix, then maybe a yoghurt some fruit, i'd also eat 2 slices of toast before bed (1 with my cottage cheese on, and 1 with my PB on), maybe i should cut them out... TBH i reckon a lil cardio would go a long way as i did hardly any last cycle, but i went from 14.5% to 15.5% on cycle, then to 17.5% over pct, so pct seems to be the problem, i was only in the gym about 3 times a week compared to 5-6 times on cycle, as i lost a lot of my motivation to train, and i'd heard the one of the biggest rules of pct is do not overtrain! so if i didn't feel like training then that would be my excuse! i also moved back home from uni the weekend that i came off, i was very active at uni as i was walking everywhere, however back home i drive everywhere, so i was a lot less active which probably contributed to me putting the fat on also

gococksDJS
08-29-2005, 04:30 PM
On my first cycle I put on close to 35 lbs. but I wouldn't be surprised if 20 or more of that was fat. I ate way to much and consumed way to many calories. Ill never do that again for sure because it's a bitch trying to cut down. My next cycle is prop/tren so I can continue to cut.

Tough Old Man
08-29-2005, 05:34 PM
My next cycle is prop/tren so I can continue to cut.
Prop and Tren are excellent for a cycle for cutting. Prop and Eq also work and I never had probalems like others on EQ causing me to be hungry.

gococksDJS
08-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Prop and Tren are excellent for a cycle for cutting. Prop and Eq also work and I never had probalems like others on EQ causing me to be hungry. I was running 600mg EQ/week on my last bulker and my appetite came and went but regardless I still put on a shitload of weight.

GFR
08-29-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm 8 days into my cycle right now..
1-8 Test Cyp and Enan mix 470mg weekly
1-7 deca 450mg weekly
1-9 t-3 75 ED

I have dropped 3 lbs in 1 week :)

but now it will get harder....I'm running 300 carbs a week and 300 protein, fat is around 80-90 grams...so around 3200 cal.

I am slightly hungry most of the time, but get plenty of protein and fat so hopefully I will drop 10 more lbs of fat and put on 15-20 lbs of muscle.

I'm keeping a journal on it so if its a success or a terrible disaster you can read up on it there.

Mudge
08-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Diet is a bitch for some of us man, I'm no exception. Bread is pretty much shit dude. Potatos are worse than sugar unless they are sweet or yams. If I have them its pre/post workout ONLY.

gococksDJS
08-29-2005, 08:30 PM
Diet is a bitch for some of us man, I'm no exception. Bread is pretty much shit dude. Potatos are worse than sugar unless they are sweet or yams. If I have them its pre/post workout ONLY. I hear ya. My biggest dieting problem is discipline. I sit in class for 4 hours each morning followed by 4-5 hours in a laboratory where I have to work in a splashproof suit, and definately can't bring any type of food or liquid in, so when I get out it's so hard to not just run across the street to Moe's for a burrito or some other fast food. I know if I get used to my daily schedule, I can become more disciplined with my diet, so hopefully that happens soon.

swede3333
08-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Avoid sodium while on cycle this causes bloat and dont forget to drink a ton of water which also helps keep the bloat off.

I have read that sodium is good while training as it promotes water retention, aiding in transportation of nutrients to the muscle. Is this not necessary while on gear since for the most part water is retained regardless?

Swede

Mudge
08-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Water retention = high blood pressure. Enlarged heart anyone?

High sodium on gear would be even worse than off gear.

Tough Old Man
08-29-2005, 09:00 PM
Water retention = high blood pressure. Enlarged heart anyone?

High sodium on gear would be even worse than off gear.
Very good Boss

LAM
08-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Fat gain is totally from your diet, not gear.

for the most part that is true but remember that AAS use decreases glucose tolerance

Tha Don
08-30-2005, 08:27 AM
for the most part that is true but remember that AAS use decreases glucose tolerance
sorry to play dumb, but what does that mean? :confused:

ZECH
08-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Steriods and diurectics effect the body's ability to appropriately handle excess sugar. This can lead to fat gain or bad case, diabetes.

Tough Old Man
08-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Steriods and diurectics effect the body's ability to appropriately handle excess sugar. This can lead to fat gain or bad case, diabetes.
I would imagine that answered the questioned

Tough

Mudge
08-30-2005, 10:43 PM
People were theorizing awhile back that GH would make you diabetic, I dont believe in it personally.

I'm not even going to guess what one of the pros' blood profile is like for any values.