• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Rocco's Videos

Rocco32

UNLEASH THE BEAST
Elite Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
these videos take forever to download. anyway to make the faster?

I'm sure there is but I don't know. Maybe someone can lend their advice :shrug:

Rocco32 said:
I'm sure there is but I don't know. Maybe someone can lend their advice :shrug:
The first thing is they are in AVI format (at least the first one.) It's really high quality, but that translates into big files. MPEG are much smaller and you don't lose too much. If you need help translating them, let me know. It's what I do...um...all day long.
biggrin.gif

DivX encoded will compress them quite a bit, and resolution of 320x200 or so is nice. Usually video quality will be enough that doubling the video on the client side wont ruin it too much, but the video download is much smaller this way.

I had a 680k pixel MiniDV and it was decent about like so, full uncompressed format was insanely huge but looked awesome sadly.

yeah, I was going to comment on the speeds as well, I am on cable and it is taking a ridiculous amount of time. but I will def. wait it out.

If the server is slow too, well that sucks :D

It looks like you keep your body fairly tight and arched during your bench pressing, but it also looks like you flair your elbows out too much. Maybe you aren't retracting your scapula with enough force? That kind of forces me to tuck in my elbows.

good job. :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks Patrick. I was able to work up to 365 for 2 but that video was too large to put up on putfiles.com :shrug:

Rocco32 said:
Thanks Patrick. I was able to work up to 365 for 2 but that video was too large to put up on putfiles.com :shrug:

I think he was referring to putting them into a downloadable format. :D

I read a study the other day that speed benches were detrimental to peak strength as well as speed and power development. I can try to find it for you, I believe it was only referring to speed benches ending prior to lockout.

Finally saw the speed bench video. What you were doing are not the speed benches I was referring to.

Dale Mabry said:
I think he was referring to putting them into a downloadable format. :D
:p I had a short nice break from all the teasing :funny:

What I've been doing for speed bench has really helped up my bench numbers I believe. What kind of speed benching were you talking about?

It is typically done with a trainer standing over you. You rep the bar between your chest and the trainer's hand as fast as possible over a predetermined amount of time, typically 20 seconds.

Hope you enjoyed your break cuz it's bout to get ugly. ;)

Dale Mabry said:
I read a study the other day that speed benches were detrimental to peak strength as well as speed and power development. I can try to find it for you, I believe it was only referring to speed benches ending prior to lockout.

Doesn't the NSCA reffer to the technique of training movements with low intensity for speed (power) and high intensity (strength) as "the bracketing technique". I believe that was ch. 1 or 2 in our text book??

Dale Mabry said:
Well I'd expect it to get ugly, your back! :p

Dale Mabry said:
It is typically done with a trainer standing over you. You rep the bar between your chest and the trainer's hand as fast as possible over a predetermined amount of time, typically 20 seconds.

yea, I used to do speed benchs like that too. 135 for as many reps as possible in 30sec.

I just found this thread - :thumb:

Post More VID :bounce:

P-funk said:
Doesn't the NSCA reffer to the technique of training movements with low intensity for speed (power) and high intensity (strength) as "the bracketing technique". I believe that was ch. 1 or 2 in our text book??

I have never seen that term before in my life. The study I was referring to is actually in the Essentials book on page 162 and is denoted by footnote 147 in the second column.

I was apprently wrong, they are referring to all speed movements. For those without the book, their hypothesis is that by holding onto the bar during a speed movement, you actually are decelerating at the top and, therefore, reducing power. I think you referenced that before P-Funk. A more appopriate method would be a heavy med ball or the stuff I was doing on a counterbalanced smith machine. It makes sense, the only argument you could make is that when performing the movement with your 1RM you are also not letting go of the weight, but if you think about it, the reason you are not letting go of the bar is not because you are decelerating the bar, it is because the bar is decelerating you since the weight is so high. I guess part of the theory is also that since you are training yourself to decelerate the bar, you will also do it in competition.

A word of note, I did these speed benches with the release and actual found a drop in my bench, but I think that was due to me not being able to let the bar come all the way down to my chest because if the bar hits your chest, the counterbalancing mechanism fucks up and there is slack in the cable on the concentric portion. This actually ended up weakening me at the bottom of the movement. I think doing some full range bench stuff along with them (I was only doing those speed benches for chest at the time) may prevent this problem. There must be a counterbalanced smith machine in that gym you work out at Rocco, give em a try, your chest will hurt like a bitch.

IML Gear Cream!
I found bracketing technique in the book, I better put that on my cards after I finish reading this stupid thing again, it seems like one of those out of the blue questions they will throw in. I wish they would define it a little better than they did though, ie is it just doing it sometime in the mesocycle, during the same microcycle, alternating microcycles, etc.

Dale Mabry said:
I have never seen that term before in my life. The study I was referring to is actually in the Essentials book on page 162 and is denoted by footnote 147 in the second column.

I was apprently wrong, they are referring to all speed movements. For those without the book, their hypothesis is that by holding onto the bar during a speed movement, you actually are decelerating at the top and, therefore, reducing power. I think you referenced that before P-Funk. A more appopriate method would be a heavy med ball or the stuff I was doing on a counterbalanced smith machine. It makes sense, the only argument you could make is that when performing the movement with your 1RM you are also not letting go of the weight, but if you think about it, the reason you are not letting go of the bar is not because you are decelerating the bar, it is because the bar is decelerating you since the weight is so high. I guess part of the theory is also that since you are training yourself to decelerate the bar, you will also do it in competition.

A word of note, I did these speed benches with the release and actual found a drop in my bench, but I think that was due to me not being able to let the bar come all the way down to my chest because if the bar hits your chest, the counterbalancing mechanism fucks up and there is slack in the cable on the concentric portion. This actually ended up weakening me at the bottom of the movement. I think doing some full range bench stuff along with them (I was only doing those speed benches for chest at the time) may prevent this problem. There must be a counterbalanced smith machine in that gym you work out at Rocco, give em a try, your chest will hurt like a bitch.

correct. while west-side BB has power work set with the bench press at 60-70% of 1RM true power work would have no decleration at all. You would need to let go. A med ball toss with 10% of your BW would do the trick. Superset it following a 3-5RM on the bench press and then med ball passes for 10-12 reps as fast as you can.

P-funk said:
Superset it following a 3-5RM on the bench press and then med ball passes for 10-12 reps as fast as you can.

Yeah, that's a form of complex training, I wish they went more into the science of that in the book, which is why I am rushing through this book because that stuff is in Jumping into Plyometrics and I want to know why it works like that.

This is a good idea. I think I'm going to do this. :thumb:

Dale Mabry said:
Yeah, that's a form of complex training, I wish they went more into the science of that in the book, which is why I am rushing through this book because that stuff is in Jumping into Plyometrics and I want to know why it works like that.

it works like that because you are using a maximum number of motor units to perform you 1-3RM on the strength exercise and when supersetted with a power exercise that is at such a low percentage you are asking that maximum number of motor units that you just recruited to then fire at a rapid rate. The more effecient you get at it, the more power you can create. At the NASM seminar last May they talked about this stuff.

So since the threshold for each unit has been attained, it is more easily recruited with the lighter movement as long as it is immediately after? Makes sense. I wonder how long you can wait between sets before it is no longer effective.

Dale Mabry said:
So since the threshold for each unit has been attained, it is more easily recruited with the lighter movement as long as it is immediately after? Makes sense. I wonder how long you can wait between sets before it is no longer effective.

good question. I am not sure how long you can wait.

Back