• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

GoalGetter Becomes A Weightlifter

GoalGetter

is still around...
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
New Journal...

The obstacle course stuff is on the back burner, since I decided to try the july 2006 competition instead of the one next month due to the slew of injuries or almost-injuries I kept having while trying to train for it in a hurry.

That being said, I've started to go out to Long Island a couple of times a week with Patrick to learn the Olympic lifts. I have to admit at first I just wanted to try because I always want to do what P is doing, and I always want to learn everything. But I wasn't really THAT into it. It was just something else to do.

But after going to his first meet, and then seeing other girls doing it (and seeing how few girls there are in the sport!), I kinda developed a little bit more of an interest. P started teaching me at our gym and I felt hopeless. Like my body is just not programmed to do these things, and I am too old to learn. But after going out there a few times, and after working on some of the technique at our gym here in the city, I have improved a bit.

Don't get me wrong, by my ridiculously high standards, I still suck! However, everyone has commented on how much I've improved from the first time they saw me stumbling on the platform. And I know, also. I know I've improved.

If anything, this is a sport that, like my first time dieting down last year, will teach me patience and serve as a constant reminder and motivator to be consistent with my training. In addition to that, since I want to eventually compete in the lightest weight class (48kg), it will also serve as a way for me to HAVE to watch my calories and stay on top of my diet :) A "must" for someone like me, who occasionally binges and then has a hard time getting back on the wagon.

The goal for this journal: to be doing both the clean and jerk and the snatch with some kind of profieciency in about a month, and take it from there. The coach said he would like me to be ready for some meet in november. I think I can do it. There are no hurdles in this one :laugh:!

The workouts for this will include two days a week of technique work in Long Island usually (if no training in long island that week, then here in the city), and two days of strength and muscle maintenance work (or vanity work as patrick referred to it haha!). In addition to this, I will include sprints, mostly on a track, and when it gets too cold, perhaps in the aerobics studio.

My diet will consist of mostly clean food, with one day a week where i may indulge in pizza and/or ice cream. The four days in vegas coming up will not count. ;)

So, as the coach said to me this morning, I am going from lifting weights, to becoming a weightlifter.

*POP*

I got the first post hehhe

Damn I cant believe you are O lifting too... thats fucking cool. :thumb:

Thats pretty cool to hear. Where in long Island is this?

min0 lee said:
Thats pretty cool to hear. Where in long Island is this?
Uh... damn. I think it's franklin square.

GoalGetter said:
Will you still respect me in the morning?

hahahahaha... Yea, I have unconditional love for you.

Good Luck!!

it is hard to learn the older you get and......unfortunaly, coming from a strength background doesn't always help as you are programed a certain way and need to develop more speed (all of these are the same problems that I have). Not everyone is going to be the next national champion or the best there is or even one of the best there is (I am slowly starting to realize this. :( ). But, you can work on your lifts and hit persoanl bests and enjoy the sport, the competition, training with a team and the commradarie that goes with it.

and yes....you have gotten better and faster in a few short weeks. It takes time....the snatch is way way harder than the clean so hang in there!

PreMier said:
Damn I cant believe you are O lifting too... thats fucking cool. :thumb:
It IS cool. I swear I would have never thought I'd be interested. And little by little, I've become more and more determined to get it. I think a big part of it is knowing that it is a predominantly male sport. I get a kick out of doing something that isn't traditionally thought of as being "for girls" :)

IML Gear Cream!
min0 lee said:
Ready for the Cold NY weather GG?
hell yeah! Bring on the long-john weather! I'm ready! I looooove winter/cold!

Good luck with the new goals, GG.
GoalGetter said:
mmmmmm ... i'll send a blast of some Canadian arctic cold your way ;)
ur gonna hate me for that.:D

Cool stuff Ivy.

We'll see how long you love the snow and cold :laugh:

This just makes me angry at P. He has a girl that does Olympic lifting. I'm a jealous bastard. Haha.

Good luck Ivy. I'm sure you'll do well; you have exceptional will power!

CowPimp said:
This just makes me angry at P. He has a girl that does Olympic lifting. I'm a jealous bastard. Haha.
Well, technically I don't "do" olympic lifting just yet! i "attempt" olympic lifting. don't be mad at him until I actually "do" olympic lifting! :p
Good luck Ivy. I'm sure you'll do well; you have exceptional will power!
Thank you, CP, for the good luck... i just hope i can find something to stick with! hahaha! You all must be so tired of all my new journals/adventures/change-of-minds! I think this is something that will stick, though.

IainDaniel said:
Cool stuff Ivy.

We'll see how long you love the snow and cold :laugh:
Thanks Iain!

I will love the snow and cold so long as i've got funky to keep me warm ;) heh heh!

BulkMeUp said:
Good luck with the new goals, GG.

mmmmmm ... i'll send a blast of some Canadian arctic cold your way ;)
ur gonna hate me for that.:D
Thanks bulk! Bring it on! :rocker:

GoalGetter said:
Thanks Iain!

I will love the snow and cold so long as i've got funky to keep me warm ;) heh heh!

With all the ice-cream that he has been eating, that shouldnt be a problem :hog: hahaha

P-funk said:
it is hard to learn the older you get and......unfortunaly, coming from a strength background doesn't always help as you are programed a certain way and need to develop more speed (all of these are the same problems that I have). Not everyone is going to be the next national champion or the best there is or even one of the best there is (I am slowly starting to realize this. :( ). QUOTE]

I, unfortunately, have realized this during this past weekend as well, but with speed/agility terms. I figured since I was doing the Power lifts and periodizing properly that my speed/agility/jumping would have improved, but that was not the case. I was thinking of scrapping it all, there should be some training effect from what I am doing, but decided that a better idea would be to be ultra strict with my speed/agility work and hit that crap for 8 weeks and reassess. I also cannot wait to get back to doing power cleans again, but hang snatches are first on the list. The pop you get from hitting the oly lifts is kind of indescribable, kind of like a mental high from accopmlishing something. GG, you will see what I mean when you rip out your first workout with only one or so mistakes. I have only done it once, but it was a good feeling. :D

Man, I hope it's not all downhill from here. If it is I will just become a hermit, a drunk one.

GG and PP, how old are you 2?

GoalGetter said:
Thank you, CP, for the good luck... i just hope i can find something to stick with! hahaha! You all must be so tired of all my new journals/adventures/change-of-minds! I think this is something that will stick, though.

Pfft. There's nothing wrong with wanting to excel in several areas simultaneously. We all do. Not to mention, Monstar still has his support base and he starts a new journal every week or two. Haha.

hi...

closing on Wednesday the 12th

P-funk said:
it is hard to learn the older you get and......unfortunaly, coming from a strength background doesn't always help as you are programed a certain way and need to develop more speed (all of these are the same problems that I have). Not everyone is going to be the next national champion or the best there is or even one of the best there is (I am slowly starting to realize this. :( ). But, you can work on your lifts and hit persoanl bests and enjoy the sport, the competition
DITTO - :bounce:

Good job GG, I was first introduced to O-Lifting by my girl-friend. (2 words),
and her team of female lifters.
At all of her meets I went to,
the ladies outnumbered the guys! - :eek:

Did you guys find a gym to lift in in Nevada??

I would still like to hit some lifts with the Dynamic Duo - :laugh:
(If my knee permits it) - :(

The Monkey Man said:
DITTO - :bounce:

Good job GG, I was first introduced to O-Lifting by my girl-friend. (2 words),
and her team of female lifters.
At all of her meets I went to,
the ladies outnumbered the guys! - :eek:
That is awesome!! What little exposure I've had to o-lifting around here has been predominantly male, so I have just assumed that there are not very many ladies doing this. The team here is mostly guys, the competition i went to for P was made up of mostly guys, and even most of the videos online are mostly guys.
Did you guys find a gym to lift in in Nevada??
I don't know - P is in ccharge of doing that. I'm sure we have found a gym, i just don't know about it. :)

I would still like to hit some lifts with the Dynamic Duo - :laugh:
(If my knee permits it) - :(
hahahahahahaha, I feel like i should buy a spandex outfit with a cape for this workout! hahaha!

GoalGetter said:
LMAO! I'll ask again in the middle of January :D

GoalGetter said:
I feel like i should buy a spandex outfit with a cape for this workout! hahaha!
:p - I have one - :eek2: (but no cape)

GoalGetter said:
I love the cold weather, just for a few days though. :laugh: If there some spare $$$ at the end of the year, your bro, and I hope to visit you guys. :lick:Will see.

Workout Sunday October 2, 2005

Hang Cleans
15k/4 x 2
20k/4 x 4
22.5k/4 x 5 with 1/4 squat on last rep of each set

Snatch Balance
broomstick/5 x 3
30 seconds in the hole each rep

Clean Pulls
110/3 x 5

Chin Ups
3 x 3

Workout Tuesday October 4, 2005

Squat
105/5
135/5
155/5

Hang Cleans
45/3 x 10

notes: gotta work on the jump feet out + catch + squat part hahaha! Jesus! So many things to think about at the same time!

BB Over Head Press
55/8 x 3

DB Row, Prone on Bench
15/12 x 3
17.5/12 x 3

Face Pulls
27.5/12 x 2

Rotating Bicep Curls
12.5/12
15/12

Tricep Rope Pressdowns
27.5/12 x 2

Cardio Sprints on Versa Climber
75 feet x 10 sprints, about 35-40 seconds each sprint wiht 30-40 seconds rest in between

Back