PDA

View Full Version : first signs of gear use

lnvanry
10-08-2005, 08:25 PM
This is for people who actual have some type of experience and not for Joe Schmoe who thinks he know something

If you have never seen an individual before (no prior knowledge of past physique or attitude) what would the first sign of gear use be?

Mudge
10-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Sudden and large jumps in strength after prior lifting experience and going nowhere.

LAM
10-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Sudden and large jumps in strength after prior lifting experience and going nowhere.

and/or sudden increase in body weight

lnvanry
10-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Clearly, but what if you are just looking at someone for the first time.

I'm thinking of acne, oily sweat, "the guy who thinks he's the UFC champ and could be Chuck Lidell", or something along this sort. Maybe even bad proportions?

lnvanry
10-08-2005, 08:33 PM
sometimes I see first timers at my gym, and they look like BB and they train like schizophrenic PL...sometimes I wonder if they are on or if they are gentic freaks.

GFR
10-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Had a buddy in college I trained with from time to time. I used 315 for sets of 8-10 he used 275 for sets of 6........one day he was benching the same weight as me......and this is after traing with him for 2 years????? Months later he admited using Roids

Du
10-09-2005, 06:06 AM
I would say a sudden outbreak in acne on the upper back / shoulders, when coupled with the inexplicable strength gain, would be a good indicator.

Tha Don
10-09-2005, 06:38 AM
sudden increases in size and strength, acne across upper back/shoulders, omna skull, sweating like a rapist after one set

kraziplaya
10-10-2005, 04:31 AM
i have had acne on my shoulders and back since i was 14... never left... calmed down extremely(thank god)... sudden weight gain, endurance and strength going up considerably are good indicators... and yes.. totally tihink ufc guys juice.. why wouldnt they.. they even catch some every once in awhile

BUSTINOUT
10-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Large upper body and still has sorry ass legs that are obviously neglected. That is common among first timers.

bigss75
10-11-2005, 01:59 PM
i have had acne on my shoulders and back since i was 14... never left... calmed down extremely(thank god)... sudden weight gain, endurance and strength going up considerably are good indicators... and yes.. totally tihink ufc guys juice.. why wouldnt they.. they even catch some every once in awhile

Tim Sylvia got caught alittle while ago

LAM
10-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Large upper body and still has sorry ass legs that are obviously neglected. That is common among first timers.

yup...another good sign

Tough Old Man
10-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Most people will hold water doing a cycle. Look for a fuller face and a quick change in size especially if there indulging in D-bol

Purdue Power
10-11-2005, 04:40 PM
I understand the actual question being posed: what are the signs to look for in seeing someone FOR THE FIRST TIME...not changes to look for. The answer to your question is that you can't tell by seeing someone for the first time. Some people may naturally have oily skin(I do), or naturally have acne on any part of their body. Some people just don't train their legs and spend the extra time on their upper body. Disproportioned people aren't necessarily on steroids. Some people are just genetic freaks in size and strength, so you can't go by just seeing if someone is huge or strong as hell. You might be able to tell by how much of a swell someone gets while they are working out, but even when I am off-cycle, my high-rep days give me huge, sometimes painful, swells.

Purdue Power
10-11-2005, 04:42 PM
I understand the actual question being posed: what are the signs to look for in seeing someone FOR THE FIRST TIME...not changes to look for. The answer to your question is that you can't tell by seeing someone for the first time. Some people may naturally have oily skin(I do), or naturally have acne on any part of their body. Some people just don't train their legs and spend the extra time on their upper body. Disproportioned people aren't necessarily on steroids. Some people are just genetic freaks in size and strength, so you can't go by just seeing if someone is huge or strong as hell. You might be able to tell by how much of a swell someone gets while they are working out, but even when I am off-cycle, my high-rep days give me huge, sometimes painful, swells.

lnvanry
10-11-2005, 06:00 PM
You might be able to tell by how much of a swell someone gets while they are working out, but even when I am off-cycle, my high-rep days give me huge, sometimes painful, swells.
I want a pump like that...painful! I get great pumps usually. I have high reps everyday (8-20). I would enjoya "swell" so much that it is painful, temporarily of course.

I have gotten temporary stretch marks from pumps, but nothing painful.

Tha Don
10-11-2005, 06:02 PM
I want a pump like that...painful! I get great pumps usually. I have high reps everyday (8-20). I would enjoya "swell" so much that it is painful, temporarily of course.
you are crazy! painful pumps are not a good thing, they fuckin hurt! :cry:

Mags
10-12-2005, 06:21 AM
pumps that saty with you for a good hour or two are quality and when it feels like your gonna bust out of ya skin. Painful pumps that lead to cramping hurt. Look for the 'moonface' on guys, that indicates juice use. The face as you can probably work out, will be fuller and rounder and puffy with a more water type hold to it rather than just fat (if that makes any sense). However, if someones naturally like that, it wont indicate shit.

BUSTINOUT
10-13-2005, 01:15 PM
Some people just don't train their legs and spend the extra time on their upper body. Disproportioned people aren't necessarily on steroids.

I understand the question too. It's a pretty reliable sign if you recognize a juice body compared to a natty to begin with. To the untrained eye, many people who bodybuild look juiced when in fact they are not.

TrojanMan60563
10-13-2005, 09:10 PM

I have gotten temporary stretch marks from pumps, but nothing painful.

A temporary stretch mark? I've yet to see those. A stretch mark is damaged skin...it never goes away.

Tha Don
10-14-2005, 03:37 AM
how about the guys with over developed shoulders, traps and back? but no arms or legs? often they will also have either bad acne, orange skin or sweat an ocean in the gym, you can normally put 2 n' 2 together