• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Deadlifts

Skyliner

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Besides the legs and lower back, are there any bodyparts Deadlifts target on specifically? Cuz I'll be performing them tommorow and my delts, arms, chest are sore tremendously, therefore I wanna know whether will Deadlifts affect on any other muscles.

BTW, is it OK to do Deadlifts after Squats?

------------------
Work hard, play hard, and sleep well.

Besides the legs,low back and hips, I feel deadlifts in the traps and forearms very intenesly.
I use to follow a routine where I did squats followed by deadlifts, but it is a fine line between productivity and overtraining when these two exercises are used in conjunction.
Now I alternate squats with deadlifts on my leg days and they complement each other nicely.

------------------
"I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose."

I agree with ALBOB, I've done squats then deads on the same day and I just don't have much left in my back for the deads after doing squats.

------------------
Just another day in the gutter

Just holding the bar is going to tax your arms and delts, but indirectly, so it shouldn't be a problem. Doing deads and squats in the same workout isn't unheard of, but you probably won't get the most out of whichever one you do second. They are such big exercises you won't be able to give full intensity to one after doing the other. It's best to do squats on leg day (not to insult your intelligence, just flowing info) and deads on back day. Try to keep at least three days in between those two to allow enough recovery time.

------------------
Life is hard so quit whining and go out there and be alive.

Originally posted by Maki Riddington:
For some reason I don't have a huge problem performing both lifts in a workout??

Thats cause your a monster Maki!! Which one do you do first?

------------------

Do you use a lighter weight for the second one you do than you would normally do if you were doing that first? (hope that made sense)

------------------

Originally posted by Scotty the Body: Do you use a lighter weight for the second one
I think that's the difference. With me, I don't get much out of squats or deads with a lighter weight. If it works for you I'd say stick with it.

------------------
Life is hard so quit whining and go out there and be alive.

IML Gear Cream!
I have been doing Deads on back day and squats of course on leg day. I think I am going to try and do both on the same day. That way I will be working Legs/Lower Back on one day and Upper Back/Bi's on another.

------------------
Can't never did nothin,(Dedicated to my father)

Back