• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Gene Rychlak attempting 1015lb Bench Press

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The Men's Show began with the amazing Gene Rychlak attempting to break his Bench Press Record of 1004 lbs. Trying for an astounding weight of 1015 lbs, Gene unfortunately was unable to complete the press.

2005olympiares_bench.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can not even imagine how it would feel having that much weight on your body. Crazy son of a bitch...

No kidding, 600 weighs a damn lost much less over a grand :lol: That might set him back a bit, I know it didn't take much to make my wrists hurt for weeks on end.

Just look at what's happened to his right arm. Bet that'll hurt in the morning :D

any word on his status? what web page did this come off of? I know he was taken out on a stretcher that evening.

After the lift emcee "triple H" Goes... That was a great attempt... Back to you...

And the other emcee is like "doesn't Gene want to comment on the lift?"

So Triple H is like... "No, Gene dosn't feel like commenting, he just had 1050 pounds crush his spleen, BACK TO YOU!"

IML Gear Cream!
The Monkey Man said:
After the lift emcee "triple H" Goes... That was a great attempt... Back to you...

And the other emcee is like "doesn't Gene want to comment on the lift?"

So Triple H is like... "No, Gene dosn't feel like commenting, he just had 1050 pounds crush his spleen, BACK TO YOU!"
yeahh they thought he was going to make a second attempt:laugh:

I think his suit of armor protected him. :)

I think what jinxed him was that he wasn't wearing his patented orange flame hat/suit combo like in his other lifts.

Hope he is ok, though.

Dale Mabry said:
I think his suit of armor protected him. :)

I think what jinxed him was that he wasn't wearing his patented orange flame hat/suit combo like in his other lifts.

Hope he is ok, though.
He didn't need it, his hair was died in a faded flame color schemed mohawk - :rolleyes:

Last edited:
PirateFromHell said:
When you watch the video, you hear a major crunch as he drops the bar on his ribs. Very nasty.

can you post a link to it?

I had never seen that one. Does he break his ribs everytiime he fails an attempt? That has got to suck.

IML Gear Cream!
The Monkey Man said:
He didn't need it, his hair was died in a faded flame color schemed mohawk - :rolleyes:

He looks a little like the Hamburglar in that 1st pic.

Dale Mabry said:
I had never seen that one. Does he break his ribs everytiime he fails an attempt? That has got to suck.

they guy in that video above didn't break his ribs (at least I don't think so?). He did come back on his next attept and bench something like 70lbs more than that one that crushed him. It looks like that slipped out of his hand more than he wasn't strong enough to get it moving. I think with gene's attempt the weight just owned him.

you mean pwn3d him. how the studying going? I am retaining so much more this time through, gonna start and finish plyo section tonight. When is your seminar?

Dale Mabry said:
you mean pwn3d him. how the studying going? I am retaining so much more this time through, gonna start and finish plyo section tonight. When is your seminar?

seminar is the weekend before thanksgiving. I need to really get my studying into second gear now. I am retaining a good amount but I want to be able to go through the material two times hopefully before the test.

Where you at? The info really flies once you get into the stretching/resistance training sections because it is so interesting. That is why I am thinking of taking some of the earlier chapters online, I don't think I could read some of that shit a 3rd time.

I have a real grip on what I think they will be asking now that I have gone through the second time so I will just study that once I finish the book. The 7 keys to program design will be hammered hard I bet as will each component.

Dale Mabry said:
Where you at? The info really flies once you get into the stretching/resistance training sections because it is so interesting. That is why I am thinking of taking some of the earlier chapters online, I don't think I could read some of that shit a 3rd time.

I have a real grip on what I think they will be asking now that I have gone through the second time so I will just study that once I finish the book. The 7 keys to program design will be hammered hard I bet as will each component.

I am at ch. 13, about half way through the text. I took the online quiz you sent. didn't do as bad as I expected to. I missed some questions that were from chapters I didn't yet get to so I don't feel bad about that and the others I missed were because I didn't read the entire question or answer properly (ADD).

I can't wait to get to program design. I am sick of the dam A band and Hzone already.

Program design was great, I actually think that is the best laid out chapter. Funny thing is the first time through I skipped all that psychology/nutrition/obesity bullshit and went right to program design.

Dale Mabry said:
Program design was great, I actually think that is the best laid out chapter. Funny thing is the first time through I skipped all that psychology/nutrition/obesity bullshit and went right to program design.

If I didn't have to study for the test I would have done the same thing.

Back