PDA

View Full Version : Supplements while on steroids

abny
10-29-2005, 02:42 AM
Just wondering if taking supplements such as aminoacids and glutamine while on steroids would bring any positive/negative/none effects . Also, if taken year-round, would they be less effective?

aceshigh
10-29-2005, 04:40 AM
i would stick with the glutamin and up the protien dose massivly i know one guy who has 2,6 kgs of protien powder a week,,,,,i cycle creatine i know alot of people dont but i reckon it works for me ,,never had glutamin,,,

Pirate!
10-29-2005, 07:13 AM
Those supplements won't help. Your diet is 1,000 times more important. Good supps to take while on include anti-oxidants, fish oil, liver protectants, vitamins etc. If you are eating enough protein, you shouldn't need amino acids supps or glutamine--unless you are doing a major cut with low calories.

Tha Don
10-29-2005, 09:16 AM
i know one guy who has 2,6 kgs of protien powder a week,,,,
:eek:

damm! and i thought my 1kg a week was a lot! wouldn't want to be rooming with that guy! :fart:

Tough Old Man
10-29-2005, 07:28 PM
Those supplements won't help. Your diet is 1,000 times more important. Good supps to take while on include anti-oxidants, fish oil, liver protectants, vitamins etc. If you are eating enough protein, you shouldn't need amino acids supps or glutamine--unless you are doing a major cut with low calories.Myself I take in gluteamine (10 grams ) with my PWO shake. I think it helps with recovery. I also take in 2TB of ex virgin olive oil ea to help with my HDL, along fish oil. My major thing is to take in a min of 500 grams of protein ea day also. I believe over kill is better then under kill when it comes to protein. If anyone is interested in my current diet I'll post it on this thread.

PT

GFR
10-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Myself I take in gluteamine (10 grams ) with my PWO shake. I think it helps with recovery. I also take in 2TB of ex virgin olive oil ea to help with my HDL, along fish oil. My major thing is to take in a min of 500 grams of protein ea day also. I believe over kill is better then under kill when it comes to protein. If anyone is interested in my current diet I'll post it on this thread.

PT
:thumb: