• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Kind of interesting

Tough Old Man

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was just goofing around and entered Anabilic steroids into my search engine and saw this..Read on it's short

During the 1990s, anabolic steroid use became a national concern in the competitive sports. The reason for this traces its way back to the US presidential election of 1988, when candidate and Democratic Senator Joseph Biden, was revealed, by members of the Republican Party, to be plagiarizing speeches during his campaign.

George Herbert Walker Bush was elected president of the United States in 1988, and soon after, named Arnold Schwarzenegger as head of the President's Physical Fitness Council. As a result of his loss in the presidential elections, a bitter Senator Biden sponsored the Anabolic Substance Control Act - which placed these compounds into the realm of the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) as opposed to the FDA (Food and Drug Administration).

Despite Mr. Schwarzenegger's own admission, Senator Biden began a public campaign of accusing the president of appointing a "law breaker" and "steroid abuser by his own admission" - which then heightened awareness of the compounds to incredible proportions.

Ultimately, by the early 1990s, several pharmaceutical companies stopped manufacturing or marketing the products in the United States, including Ciba, Searle, Syntex and others. Children with growth disorders, including young girls with Turner's Syndrome (XO chromosome) were being increasingly treated with growth hormone. Despite studies suggesting a small additional advantage when oxandrolone was combined with GH, the bad publicity generated made anabolic steroids "unsellable" to parents even when oxandrolone became available again a few years ago.

In addition, an entire market for counterfit drugs emerged at this time. Never seen in the previous 30 years of their availability on the U.S. market, computers and scanning technology made the ease of counterfitting legitimate products by utilizing their original label design, and the market was flooded with products that contained everything from mere vegetable oil to toxic substances which unsuspecting users injected into themselves, dozens of which died as a result of blood poisoning, methanol poisoning, subcutaneous abcess as well as CJD - as a result of counterfit rHGH which utilized the extraction of HGH from university medical school and forensic cadavers.

The "dangers" have all but disappeared when applied on a personal level. In the meantime, the drugs remain C-III. They are the only compounds on the list of the DEA compounds which have neither psychological or physical additive properties - the very criteria for having any compound fall under the auspices of the DEA.

Again I want to thank the Bush family for all the great work they have done for America :rolleyes:

ForemanRules said:
Again I want to thank the Bush family for all the great work they have done for America :rolleyes:

If you'd read a little more carefully you would've seen that senator Biden was the one responsible for making steroids a C III.

PWGriffin said:
If you'd read a little more carefully you would've seen that senator Biden was the one responsible for making steroids a C III.
I was a voter at the time.....and Bush pushed hard for this :thumb:
Read up......and not just one source :laugh:

ForemanRules said:
I was a voter at the time.....and Bush pushed hard for this :thumb:
Read up......and not just one source :laugh:

I digress...the phrase "a closed mouth gathers no feet" comes to mind.

PWGriffin said:
I digress...the phrase "a closed mouth gathers no feet" comes to mind.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The president at the time wouldn't matter, in reality, any president would probably have supported (or acted like they did) because it was a popular moral issue at the time. Few politicians actually have the guts to stand up for what's right, instead of what's politically advantageous

Back