• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Chicken Asparagus Soup

Pylon

Squishy
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The season is here...

2 T olive oil
2 T minced garlic
1 bell pepper (red, yellow or orange)
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
6 oz mushrooms, diced
8 oz asparagus spears, cleaned, snapped, chopped at 1" pieces (about 20)
12 oz bay scallops, chopped
2 large grilled chicken breasts (@ 12 oz cooked), diced
7 cups chicken broth

Heat oil in large pot, add garlic, peppers, carrots and celery. Sweat over med heat for 5 min. Add asparagus and mushrooms, sweat 5 min. Spinkle on spices and herbs as desired (parsley, oregeno, and basil play well with this recipie.) Add chicken and broth. Bring to boil, back off and simmer for 30 min or more, depending on how much time your have. Make sure asparagus is fully cooked before serving. If desired, a T of file gumbo near the end will thicken up a bit.

Makes about 11 8oz servings

cals - 129
fat - 4.9g
carb - 5.7g
prot - 16.2g
Fiber - 1.4 g

You can use low sodium broth if needed.

Last edited:
boilermaker said:
I'll definitely give this a shot. Looks good. What is File Gumbo?
It's basically powdered sassafrass leaves. You can get it at any good spice store. Try Penzey's online if you can't find it.

Wife's going shopping Sunday, so I'll be making this with junior while we watch the Lions get there roar squeezed down to a meow. What about brown rice to add some thickness, texture and carbs?

boilermaker said:
Wife's going shopping Sunday, so I'll be making this with junior while we watch the Lions get there roar squeezed down to a meow. What about brown rice to add some thickness, texture and carbs?
I think that would be a great addition for those reasons. (I am running carb low, so I left it out.) At that point, you are close to gumbo anyway, so chop up some okra, add some hot sauce (I like the Chipotle Tabasco best. If you haven't tried it, get on it!)

Of course, if you don't mind the carbs, skip the file gumbo and use corn starch to thicken. It'll be fine that way too.
thumb.gif

boilermaker said:
Made as you listed, but grocery store was out of bay scallops so I subbed a large onion instead. :thumb: :thumb:
Gaak!
barf.gif

First of all, onion is the devil's weed, and curses to anyone who likes them!

Second, thats scallops, not scallions. You know, the little round things in the seafood section, right next to the shrimp and crab meat...either of which would have made a fine substitution.

Onion. Pfft.
finger.gif

Pylon, Pylon, Pylon, how can you possibly claim to be a chef when you choose to cast aside a full one third of the holy trinity??? :finger:
A virtual lynchpin in the foundation of so many styles of cooking tossed aside like an empty can of schlitz. I'm disappointed, but am willing to work with you on this. Did you know that you can still use the onion for:

1) banishin fever and sickness by halving it and placing it under your bed.
2) rubbing it on your windshield to prevent the accumulation of frost on cold winter nights.
3) Onion applied to the chest, throat and soles of the feet will cure croup

I hope this helps.

boilermaker said:
Pylon, Pylon, Pylon, how can you possibly claim to be a chef when you choose to cast aside a full one third of the holy trinity??? :finger:
A virtual lynchpin in the foundation of so many styles of cooking tossed aside like an empty can of schlitz. I'm disappointed, but am willing to work with you on this. Did you know that you can still use the onion for:

1) banishin fever and sickness by halving it and placing it under your bed.
2) rubbing it on your windshield to prevent the accumulation of frost on cold winter nights.
3) Onion applied to the chest, throat and soles of the feet will cure croup

I hope this helps.
Blah blah blah. The Egytians used to take oaths on the stupid things, accepting their many layers as a symbol of infinity. Look where it got them!

I don't need no stinkin' devil weed. Me and garlic (and I mean lots of garlic) get by just fine.
thumb.gif

Back