PDA

View Full Version : taking Gakic while on a cycle

brentls49
11-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Has anyone esle tried taking Gakic while doing a cycle. For me it was the best resluts that I have ever gotten. Just wondering if others experienced the same.

luke69duke69
11-19-2005, 06:37 PM
What the hell is Gakic?

GFR
11-19-2005, 06:39 PM
What the hell is Gakic?
GAKIC is a glycine and arginine monohydrochloride salt of alpha ketoisocaproic acid calcium.

Alpha-ketoisocaproate (KIC):

Alpha-ketoisocaproate (KIC) is a keto acid of leucine (branched chain amino acid). Branched-chain keto acids (BCKAs) are very similar to branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), the only difference being the presence of a keto group instead of an amino group. Thus, BCKAs can be viewed as ammonia-free sources of BCAAs.

KIC is anti-catabolic, particularly during catabolic states. 6 Since any intense, strenuous activity is also catabolic, some feel there is every reason to believe the KIC will prove to be of value to bodybuilders, powerlifters and aerobic athletes. 6 Further, BCKAs are essential for energy production in muscle and for the detoxification (removal) of ammonia. During an intense exercise of high intensity, such as resistance exercise, ammonia is produced in large quantities and it has been suggested to play a role in fatigue. 6 Finally, KIC stimulates insulin secretion.

KIC is metabolised further to alpha-amino-n-butyrate and beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB), a compound popularized by Bill Philips. Although HMB certainly does not feel like Deca, a recent meta-analysis (quantitative statistical analysis that's applied to separate, but similar, experiments) found that HMB supplementation led to a net increase in lean body mass (0.28 percent per week) and strength gains (1.4 percent per week), but the effect of these changes was less than 0.2; such a change is considered small. 9 To my knowledge, alpha-amino-n-butyrate has not as yet been investigated in humans for its anabolic and anti-catabolic properties, but it may have some anabolic and/or anti-catabolic effects.

Glycine:

Glycine is a non-essential amino acid. It has been shown to increase growth hormone secretion in a dose-dependent manner. For example, Dr. Kasai and co-workers reported that oral administration of 6.75 grams of glycine to 19 human subjects increased growth hormone levels significantly for three hours, peaking at three to four times baseline at two hours. 7

Further, glycine plays a role as an excitatory neurotransmitter. A neurotransmitter is a chemical contained in synaptic vesicles in nerve endings that is released into the synaptic cleft, where it causes the production of either excitatory or inhibitory postsynaptic potentials.

Finally, glycine used with arginine has been shown to increase endogenous (SEL) creatine levels by increasing creatine synthesis. 6 A number of studies using glycine for the alleviation of fatigue were done in the 1930s and 1940s, but the results were minimal. 8

Arginine:

Arginine, normally a nonessential amino acid in humans, is considered essential under certain conditions. Arginine has a significant role in nitrogen detoxification and has been shown to be beneficial in various diseases including liver and other diseases in which ammonia levels are extremely high. 6 As noted above, ammonia has been suggested to play a role in fatigue.

or as I like to call it............a waste of money

luke69duke69
11-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Jesus Foreman, where do you get these wonderful clips of info so quickly?

GFR
11-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Jesus Foreman, where do you get these wonderful clips of info so quickly?
Tier helps me................he is a genius.

The Monkey Man
11-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanks Foreman

Tough Old Man
11-20-2005, 07:33 AM
Has anyone esle tried taking Gakic while doing a cycle. For me it was the best resluts that I have ever gotten. Just wondering if others experienced the same.I figure i made a mistake last year. for the fuck of it I ordered Flex Mag. Yesterday I'm looking through the lastest issue and tell my wife that I'll never order it again as all you see are advertisements.

But know I know why they do so much of it because of people like the above who's probably going to now order it because of what he read. It's a pitty that I paid $30 for a years sub for so much bullshit, but hey I guess if i owned the fucking thing, I'd do the same if people are willing to pay for it.

No more from me