PDA

View Full Version : does running hcg throughout your cycle improve gains?

Tha Don
11-27-2005, 05:38 PM
would running hcg throughout a cycle improve ones results from the cycle, due to the hcg keeping natural test flowing? thus preventing natural levels getting shut-down and yielding an extra 100mg of test a week or whatever it is that the body produces naturally?

i've also heard of people feeling stronger after shooting a hefty dose of hcg

is there any truth in this? or would the hcg have little to no effect on results?

and if the hcg did help somewhat, you could get away with running slightly milder doses right?

Pirate!
11-27-2005, 07:00 PM
If you are using test, the contribution hcg makes to your test levels is insignificant, IMO.

ag-guys
11-28-2005, 05:45 AM
I stopped running HCG during cycles after the bloat I got.

AG
www.ag-guys.com

Tha Don
11-28-2005, 07:06 AM
I stopped running HCG during cycles after the bloat I got.

AG
www.ag-guys.com
surely some of your liquidex would cure that? ;)

Tha Don
11-28-2005, 07:12 AM
If you are using test, the contribution hcg makes to your test levels is insignificant, IMO.
well i was thinking of running a low dose, of say 250mg/wk, so the little extra natty test from the hcg might help somewhat

i'd want to avoid high doses of anything that converts easily to estrogen in future, due to my gyno status, hopefully i won't have too many probs on 250mg/wk, and after all, that is still several times over what the body would normally produce right? so more than enough to see benefits

LAM
11-28-2005, 07:45 AM
HCG on cycle will neither have a positive or negative effect. it will make HPTA recovery more successfull.

redflash
12-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Well, I've read loads of stuff starting with BigCat's advice which most people seem to think sucks... and this is where I have got to:

1) HCG should be taken in frequent small doses (250IU ED/500IU EOD) rather than fewer bigger shots (1500-3000IU every 5-6 days).
2) HCG should not be run as part of PCT; it should be run whilst the gear is still in your system
3) HCG should be run either throughout a cycle or towards the end, depending on how much shutdown is expected or experienced, which depends in turn on the mix and dosages in the cycle
4) Taking Nolva/Clomid at same time as HCG is sensible as it helps deal with the aromatisation of the body's own test which will be circulating at same time as exogenous test.
5) HCG should be taken subcutaneously using insulin pins.

I'm approaching end of cycle, want to get coming off and PCT right, and want to store it in my memory banks for next cycle.

Anyone want to argue with these principles? I know we are all different so it is impossible or dangerous to generalise, but if the above holds true for 80% of people on 80% of cycles 80% of the time then it's a good starting point for me and anyone else out there who is on a learning journey.

Thanks.

Tha Don
12-03-2005, 11:52 AM
yeah, they all seem like fair points to me, you've obviously spent a bit of time researching it, i took my last test enan shot on friday, and i'm giving it 2 weeks till i start pct, my shot before that was like 2 weeks ago, but i decided to extend by a couple more weeks to finish off cutting, these will definately be my last 2 weeks, i'm running 2x 500iu shots a week right now and its working just fine, so i have 4 hcg shots left, next one is tomorrow, and the last one will be midway through my final week, a few days before i start pct, in total i've shot 4500iu hcg on this cycle, its only been a 6 weeker on 250mg enan a week (even less now, more like 125mg/wk) but i've definately felt the hcg has made a difference, if you are coming off i strongly recommend shooting some before pct starts

LAM
12-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Well, I've read loads of stuff starting with BigCat's advice which most people seem to think sucks...

BigCat doesn't use gear. so everything he talks about is purely from reading books, since he has no actual experience using gear himself many hold no value in his words

Tha Don
12-03-2005, 12:41 PM
BigCat doesn't use gear. so everything he talks about is purely from reading books, since he has no actual experience using gear himself many hold no value in his words
exactly, experience is very important, i used to actually think i knew something about these drugs before i started, but if i did i wouldn't have messed this cycle up so badly, a drop of experience is worth more than a pint of advice :thumb:

redflash
12-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Which makes it all the more weird that the first post in the first sticky thread (by Mudge) is a repeat post which points straight to BigCat's info on Clomid and Nolva. That made me think he was being pointed out as an authoritative source of advice! Should we be suggesting to Mudge that he "un-stickies" it ...?

LAM, I'd appreciate your comments on the central stuff in my post also.

Just a thought.