PDA

View Full Version : Well the worst has happened, I think I'm infected.

huesoloco
11-28-2005, 08:46 PM
My right delt is red, swollen, hot to the touch, and hurts. So whats the damage assessment? Can I get this taken care of without a doctor?

PWGriffin
11-28-2005, 08:52 PM
My right delt is red, swollen, hot to the touch, and hurts. So whats the damage assessment? Can I get this taken care of without a doctor?

ouch, a friend of mine used to nurse and said if I ever got an infection, she knew of herbs and other stuff to bring the abcess to the surface and effectively take care of it from there...maybe someone on here knows how to do that and what would be used..

huesoloco
11-28-2005, 09:11 PM
If u tell a doctor u take steroids would it be kept confidential?

luke69duke69
11-28-2005, 09:22 PM
1. How long since you injected?
2. How many cc's did you shoot?
3. What did you shoot?
4. What brand are you shooting?
5. Is this the first time shooting in your delt?
During my current cycle I had three injections get red, swollen, hot to the touch. All three turned out to be either too much gear in one spot, or one that I think I simply shot too close to the tendons. All of them have subsequently healed fine, no abcess or infection. I recently started splitting my shots from 2.5cc's to 1.25(approx) twice a week rather than all of it in one shot and haven't had nearly the pain or soreness. Mostly I'm shooting quads. Glutes tend to give me more problems, and I haven't personally shot delts but I'm told from some of the vets on here that it's better to shoot less there than you would legs or ass.

luke69duke69
11-28-2005, 09:23 PM
I forgot to add that They all took almost 6-8 days after my injection to heal up. The one too close to the tendon took almost two weeks.

huesoloco
11-28-2005, 09:37 PM
1. I injected on friday and today is monday night
2. I shot 1 cc
3. Shot Sustanon
4. Not sure what brand
5. And I've been shotting in my delt for a few weeks now

I hope I shot to close to the tendon or something, b/c my delt isnt red, the area between my bicep and deltoid is red.

Mudge
11-28-2005, 09:42 PM
That happened to me twice, both times quad shots (once left once right). When it was my left leg it swelled over 2 inches and I almost couldn't get my pants on, or walk. I limped for a good 2 weeks and could not train legs for about 3. Both times my ENTIRE quad and most of my hamstring was purple/red/blue.

Not knowing what brand you have sounds pretty odd man, is there a label?

luke69duke69
11-28-2005, 09:47 PM
I'd hold off on the infection worry. I did that with my first one and started on antibiotics to play it safe, then found out it was just too much gear in one spot, and subsequently wasted the antibiotics. The one near the tendon was the one that got red and swollen the longest. Sometimes you just plain get an irritated shot. As long as you're using a clean pin, and going through your normal sanitary procedures, and your gear isn't dirty, I'd be more likely to suspect that it's just some irritation. Just give the shoulder a rest for a few days and it should subside on it's own.

huesoloco
11-28-2005, 10:00 PM
My guy is straight, im not worried about the label. He told me but I forgot the name.

Man, but thats a relief! I guess I'm not out of the fire yet, but ill see how things go.

kraziplaya
11-28-2005, 10:55 PM
same thing happend to a friend of mine too...hes leg became extremely painful.. went away after about 4-5 days...i would suggest trying a different spot.. doubt its infected if you practiced the recommened injection procedures

huesoloco
11-29-2005, 06:54 AM
Well I did do it right. I think I might have forgotten to wipe the top of the vial, but other then that I know i did everything else right.

The big guy
11-29-2005, 07:31 AM
If it gets soft and mushy then get it checked because most likely and absess is forming but if it says hard probably not just the BA, because I tend to get hard swollen hot lumps from BA's and it does get real sore and takes a couple of days to go away.

ag-guys
11-29-2005, 07:37 AM

Have you done the massage and hot compression on the area ?

AG
www.ag-guys.com
NOVEMBER SPECIAL + WIN $5000 (https://www.ag-guys.com/store/content/specials.php)

Tough Old Man
11-29-2005, 07:38 AM
I think you'll be fine. Give it a couple more days before you think about amputation of the limb

ZECH
11-29-2005, 08:15 AM
I would not inject anything I did not know what it was or who made it. Playing russian roulette. If I was you I would get it tested.

musclepump
11-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Why are you using gear at 20?

Heimir
11-29-2005, 09:20 AM
If u tell a doctor u take steroids would it be kept confidential?

The doc can not tell anyone like law enforcement, etc but he can report it in your file. If your insurance company finds out they can deny you coverage for certain things. This is pure speculations on my part, I read many people "claim" this but do not know anyone that has actually been denied coverage for anything.

funkdocta
11-29-2005, 09:31 AM
sticking sust anywhere in your arms is asking for pain tbh.

a friend of mine put 1.5ml in each bicep and couldnt move his arms for a week.

luke69duke69
11-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Funkdocta, that's the best avatar ever:thumb:

huesoloco
11-29-2005, 02:43 PM
I'll try the message and hot compression tonight.

brogers
11-29-2005, 10:26 PM
he's 6'3" why not?

GFR
11-29-2005, 10:49 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

musclepump
11-30-2005, 12:59 PM
he's 6'3" why not?What does height have to do with it? If closing growth plates is the only side effect you think there is related to steroid use too early, I certainly hope you're staying away from them because you're sorely mistaken.

brogers
11-30-2005, 08:32 PM
What does height have to do with it? If closing growth plates is the only side effect you think there is related to steroid use too early, I certainly hope you're staying away from them because you're sorely mistaken.
Closing of growth plates is the only side effect definitively linked with steroid use at an early age. Enlighten me.

gococksDJS
11-30-2005, 08:34 PM
Closing of growth plates is the only side effect definitively linked with steroid use at an early age. Enlighten me. So if a 13 year old is 6'5" it would be ok for him to use anabolics? What about his endocrine system? His natural testosterone levels haven't even peaked yet, so why would you want to shut down your HPTA with exogenous hormones?

brogers
11-30-2005, 08:38 PM
So if a 13 year old is 6'5" it would be ok for him to use anabolics? What about his endocrine system? His natural testosterone (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/imag/ana.html) levels haven't even peaked yet, so why would you want to shut down your HPTA with exogenous hormones?
We're talking about a 20 year old here, I should have specified, but let's address the situation at hand, not ridiculous hypotheticals.

The only problems I forsee are growth plate closure and the fact that his brain is not fully developed (until 25?) but I have never heard of any problems regarding brain development.

musclepump
11-30-2005, 09:23 PM
Closing of growth plates is the only side effect definitively linked with steroid use at an early age. Enlighten me.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

musclepump
11-30-2005, 09:27 PM
We're talking about a 20 year old here, I should have specified, but let's address the situation at hand, not ridiculous hypotheticals.

The only problems I forsee are growth plate closure and the fact that his brain is not fully developed (until 25?) but I have never heard of any problems regarding brain development.
Science has shown that external administration of hormones in children and adolescents, up to age 23, can cause permanent alterations in the function of brain chemicals in adults and lead to severe depression and fluctuations in the ability to process certain emotions. Oddly enough, they have shown that these same changes, which can't be undone, can also occur with the use of anti-depressants and medicines for ADD and ADHD. Go figure.

PWGriffin
11-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Science has shown that external administration of hormones in children and adolescents, up to age 23, can cause permanent alterations in the function of brain chemicals in adults and lead to severe depression and fluctuations in the ability to process certain emotions. Oddly enough, they have shown that these same changes, which can't be undone, can also occur with the use of anti-depressants and medicines for ADD and ADHD. Go figure.

Damn, I did not know all that...If you start a late age...(I'm 22 in a month) are you less likely to see these kinda sides? And what are some of chances of this happening to a person?? Like 1 in a 100 or a 1000?? A guy I know is getting ready for a show, younger than me...is doin 750mgs a week test E, 400mgs deca, and anadrol....going for a 500lb bench next week, I shit you not...

huesoloco
12-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Well its no longer red, but the swollen part is hard as a rock. Dont know what that means...and why argue about doing something when it's already done?

musclepump
12-01-2005, 06:05 AM
Damn, I did not know all that...If you start a late age...(I'm 22 in a month) are you less likely to see these kinda sides? And what are some of chances of this happening to a person?? Like 1 in a 100 or a 1000?? A guy I know is getting ready for a show, younger than me...is doin 750mgs a week test E, 400mgs deca, and anadrol....going for a 500lb bench next week, I shit you not...
I'm sure it doesn't happen in everyone, and the general idea is that it greatly increases the likelyhood that you'll face these things later in life. Because of the genetic predisposition a great deal of people have for various mental problems, you have to consider that as well. Maturity ends for different people at different times, but the brain is still growing long after the body, so it all depends.

luke69duke69
12-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Well its no longer red, but the swollen part is hard as a rock. Dont know what that means...and why argue about doing something when it's already done?
He's right. Why wax intellectual about whether he should or shouldn't when it's already in him at this point. That's like telling a kid who wrecked the family car that he should have never driven it in snowy conditions for three hours when it doesn't change the situation. Figuring how the kid is gonna pay for the increase in insurance premiums, and helping him with safer driving techniques, seems more productive. The sad fact is as much as it is said not to start until a laster age, there probably isn't a single guy in pro competition that DIDN'T start before age 20...

brogers
12-01-2005, 09:24 AM
The claim you presented seems ridiculous considering the number of people who used at 20 (and before, some much younger) who suffer no discernable psychological problems. I have never once seen this documented in medical literature as a problem. Did you get this off of the FDA website or some other site full of propaganda?

What you stated is on par with the claim of "roid rage" being a serious concern with steroids.

Additionally, the common "mess up your endocrine system" is just as valid at 20 as it is at 30. Medical and anecdotal evidence confirm this.

By the way, the paragraph worth of smiley's really showed the strength of your argument and maturity, gee, I'm really convinced now.

musclepump
12-01-2005, 09:35 AM
He's right. Why wax intellectual about whether he should or shouldn't when it's already in him at this point. That's like telling a kid who wrecked the family car that he should have never driven it in snowy conditions for three hours when it doesn't change the situation. Figuring how the kid is gonna pay for the increase in insurance premiums, and helping him with safer driving techniques, seems more productive. The sad fact is as much as it is said not to start until a laster age, there probably isn't a single guy in pro competition that DIDN'T start before age 20...
Oh, because continuing after it started means it won't get any worse? :rolleyes:

musclepump
12-01-2005, 09:37 AM
The claim you presented seems ridiculous considering the number of people who used at 20 (and before, some much younger) who suffer no discernable psychological problems. I have never once seen this documented in medical literature as a problem. Did you get this off of the FDA website or some other site full of propaganda?

What you stated is on par with the claim of "roid rage" being a serious concern with steroids.

Additionally, the common "mess up your endocrine system" is just as valid at 20 as it is at 30. Medical and anecdotal evidence confirm this.

By the way, the paragraph worth of smiley's really showed the strength of your argument and maturity, gee, I'm really convinced now.
No, came out of several issues of Muscular Development, none of their summaries came from government funded studies.

Believe what you will, doesn't matter to me. I'm just putting out the facts I've read, what you do with it is your own matter.

And the smilies are because what you said made me laugh, so I used them. :wave:

luke69duke69
12-01-2005, 10:32 AM
If substances like steroids mess with your brain development, I'm sure alcohol doesn't help either. Nor marijuana, nor any prescription psychoactive drugs such as adderall or ritallin or any anti depressents. I remember reading about a german or english study, one of the two linking increased suicide rates among children under the age of 20 that were taking paxil. I think my question is how much more development takes place? I mean it's like an engine that you program to run at a higher RPM before the rev limiter kicks in. You have to weigh the horsepower increases to the risk of detonation occuring. That's more of what someone needs to ask. If the risk to them is worth the reward, then do it. If it isn't then don't. BUT ALWAYS RESEARCH FIRST!!! Myself, I've always been a risk taker and I've gotten burned for it a few times in the past and I don't regret it because it was my decision. My regret most of the time is that I should have researched something more before coming to a decision. If you regret something, then you didn't think it through in the first place. Those kind of things I regret, like the DUI I got because of not thinking about the consequences as I downed another shot on an empty stomach back in February, not whether I should have invested this in that mutual fund or which tree stand to hunt in when my cousin gets a deer at the spot my stand was at last year and I decided to go to a different stand kind of shit. You make your decisions. No one put a gun to your head and said "Inject this into your quad!" I think a lot of things like roid rage and depression are dependent on how the person is to begin with. I could probably shoot a gram of test a week and throw some tren in there and not get into fights with trees. I'm simply a laid back person. I also expect to see some strength losses when I go off of it and some weight loss so I don't get depressed about it or let it bother me I just remember in the back of my head, "You know this happens every time" I go through PCT and recoup and keep lifting. This thread is getting off topic in a hurry and I'm not helping..

brogers
12-01-2005, 11:49 AM
No, came out of several issues of Muscular Development, none of their summaries came from government funded studies.

Believe what you will, doesn't matter to me. I'm just putting out the facts I've read, what you do with it is your own matter.

And the smilies are because what you said made me laugh, so I used them. :wave:
Yeah my bad, I get my info from the NEJM, not MD, you must be correct.

musclepump
12-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah my bad, I get my info from the NEJM, not MD, you must be correct.
Where do you think MD gets their studies? http://ironmagazineforums.com/images/smilies/hmm.gif

Idiot.

huesoloco
12-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Anyways, I injected in the other delt and the same thing is happening, so i think the sustanon is not that great for the delts. But at least i can lift in peace now.

Biggzy
12-07-2005, 07:13 AM

Oh sorry, what age is he "allowed" to use gear?