• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Keeping the Peace

Shae

finding peace
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Om
Saha navavatu
Saha nau bhunaktu
Saha viryam karavavahai
Tejasvi navadhitamastu
Ma vidvisavahai
Om santih santih santih

Yes, I have a new journal. :D So here is the scoop:

What you know...

1) Started yoga in September so I have been doing it for 4 months.
2) I have to modify some of my poses because I'm not too flexible.
3) My best time to do my yoga w/o is at night.
4) The w/o benifits my performance of the activities I have to do the next day.

What you don't know...

1) MY BATTLES: The number 1 thing you don't know is that I have depression. I got diagnosed with it junior year of high school. And been having it ever since. It kind of took a toll on me and made me eat a lot. All the problems at home and fear of being alone just ate me alive. The medication I received from my phsycho was just not worth it. I wanted a natural way to just kill off the depression. So I am weening off the bad things (I killed fried foods allready) and start to get on the good things to eat like more poltry, fruits and vegies. So I added yoga to the mix and it seems like things are looking up. :)

Feel free to ask questions about my journey to keeping the peace in my world or yoga and meditation in general. And as usual, I have some tasty tid bits to share with you at times.

I'll share about my last class with you soon. ;)

Yay! New journal! Yay!!!

Last night in the last class, we did 2 guided meditations: one was before the w/o, one was after. Heres the scoop:

1) The first guided meditation had to do with the whole class getting in a circle with the backs turned to the inside. But since there was only 5 that came (including me), it was a real small circle. The guided meditation, (lead by my teacher Georgeanna) had to do with channeling energy to other people and letting people channeling their energy to you. It was like feel your breath and feel the breath of the persons around you. When it was time to get going with the w/o, I had no problem at all with the downward dog and other balance poses. It was like a shock of energy went through my body and I was totaly focused.

2) The last guided meditation had us laying on our backs with feet as wide as the yoga mat and our knees touching each other. Georgeanna had us picture someone who came to you in your presence. They might of passed on or live far away from you, they are still there in your hearts. After that guided meditation, I felt kinda mysty eyed. The person I had in mind was my grandma (on my dad's side of the family) who died 3 years ago. She was the one that was in my thoughts at the time.

But those 2 guided meditations worked pretty well. If you like, I'll write more about it in this thread. ;)

Looks like you found your path, stay with it and if I can be of help, let me know!!! Keep your chin up and your heart light my Friend!!!

Archangel, I found somthing you might be interested in reading: Christian Yoga

This brings me to this question: Have you ever went soul serching in a point in your life?

I'm really getting into the meditation book I am reading right now (look at my old journal for details). It mentions about Buddha a lot and about his teachings. It makes me want to look into it more. And see if Buddhism is somthing for me.

What are your thoughts?

Shae said:
I'm really getting into the meditation book I am reading right now (look at my old journal for details). It mentions about Buddha a lot and about his teachings. It makes me want to look into it more. And see if Buddhism is somthing for me.

What are your thoughts?

I think you would find it is worth investigating. The nice thing about it is that it is much more accepting (compared to other religions) of personal beliefs that are not directly in line with others around you. In fact, one of the well known Vietnamese Buddhist writers is a devout Christian as well. Buddhism works and plays well with others.

Two analogies that I've heard (and really dig) are these:

Christianity (or most other religions, for that matter) are wonderful descriptions of a nice place. For instance, I can tell you all day about how nice it is in Florida, the sun, the beach, the weather, the people. But no matter how many times I tell you, you still must find your own way there. My stories will not get you to Florida. Buddhism spends a little more time giving you directions and setting you on the path. Put them together and you can develop a pretty good trip.

The other is the analogy of a bridge in the forest. If you walk through the forest and find a bridge, it does little good to wonder where the bridge came from, who build it, why they built it, what the point of it was, what they felt about it, what challenges they faced in the building. The entire point of the bridge is to be crossed. To take advantage of the world that has been created around us, you must cross the bridge.

I've got a book of daily wisdom from the Dali (well, he wrote it, but it's not like he sent it to me, you know?) I flip through it randomly most mornings in the office and see what it has to say. I'll post some notes for you from there when I think about it. :thumb:

Excelent post Brother Pylon, I believe one must find travel and find thier "Own" road so to speak, and if that makes you a happier, better person then by all means go with it!!! I myself would NEVER fault or judge anyone honestly seeking to better themselves!!! I was watching the Hiesman trophy award show last night, and a saying came on that really struck a bell, I wish I could remember it but the jist was something like this:
Do not travel down someone elses path,
Find your own path and leave your own trail

or something along those lines!!!
What I take from it is find something that makes you "truely" happy, and make it your own, hope that makes sense!!!

"Do not follow where the path may lead... Go instead where there is no
path and leave a trail." -Robert Frost

Found it, words of wisdom imo!!! Hope they help you my friend!!!

Well, I had time on my hands today to I had 2 w/o.

The a.m. = arms and tummy

downward dog: 5X5
dolphin: 5X5
plank: 5X5

The p.m. = legs

Warrior 1,2,3 : 5X5
lunge: 5X5
chair: 5X5
figure 4: 5X5

...................................................................................................

In non news:

I'm reading more into the meditation book earlier today and my sister, Jessica was looking over my shoulder. I asked her if it was okay if I ever get into the Buddhism faith one day and she was like, "Don't be anoying like our Christian uncle (his name is Joe)!"

He goes on and on about God and the Christian way of life whenever he comes for a visit or whenever we have a gathering. One day, I just want to go up to my uncle and say, "I believe. I really do. But will you just SHUT UP!?!?" I love him dearly and I'd like to talk relion once in a while but not not on hours on end.

Am I wrong for making a stand about this or is it right? :hmmm:

IML Gear Cream!
I think that sounds fine. I've always believed that faith is a wonderful thing, and expressing your faith is fine, but there comes a point that you are forcing your views on others. Whether that is a view on religion, politics, or cookies, it's just plain rude.

Pylon said:
I think that sounds fine. I've always believed that faith is a wonderful thing, and expressing your faith is fine, but there comes a point that you are forcing your views on others. Whether that is a view on religion, politics, or cookies, it's just plain rude.
Hell yeah to that. :thumb:

Pylon said:
:thumb: I second that my Friend!!!
Hold your ground Sister Shae, you do what YOU feel is right!!! :thumb:

Archangel and Pylon, you 2 are too fuckin awsome. :bow:

Had no time for w/o for today. Had to babysit twin 5 year old girls and they are a ton of work.

And I start my 1st day at Little Ceaser's this Sunday. Wish me luck! :thumb:

mmmmmm....pizzapizza......

Pylon said:
mmmmmm....pizzapizza......
:laugh: I'm hungry now!!!
Glad I could help Sister Shae!!!:thumb:

Babysitted the twins again today and when I had them watching The Little Mermaid , I got a little yoga in. ;)

lunge: 4X5

plank, up dog, downdog combo: 20X

Wasn't much but I felt great after that.

Even a little is good! Considering how much the little ones can take out of you, it's still good!

Here you go my Friend, your always bringing good vibes to my journal, heres a little one from me to you!!!

Well, I had to babysit another friend's kid today. His name is Zack and he is 11 and is in a wheelchair like my sister, Jessica. I actually had my time for my yoga practice. Zack was realy interested on what I was doing. He even tried to do the lay down poses like bridge and fish.

Today I was just treating my back. So.....

cobra: 5X5

up dog: 9X5

bridge: 5X5

fish: 5X5

dolphin: 6X5

legs up the wall: 10 minitues

I don't know how I overlooked this for so long...I am so sorry Shae!! :)

It looks like this yoga is really helping you along with your health AND your life! Will you be trying more difficult poses this time around, or work on perfecting the same ones?

Any chance we can get some interesting tidbits on Buddhism?

b_reed23 said:
I don't know how I overlooked this for so long...I am so sorry Shae!! :)

It looks like this yoga is really helping you along with your health AND your life! Will you be trying more difficult poses this time around, or work on perfecting the same ones?

Any chance we can get some interesting tidbits on Buddhism?
Eh, don't worry about it. I've been suffering a 7 second drag myself since working at Lil' Ceasers. :lol:

Dificult poses? Well, its a matter of looking around the net right now. I don't go to class anymore due to money problems. :(

Info on Buddhism? Well that does not sound like a bad idea! Who else wants to learn? :clapping:

Hey Shae-

Went to the Xmas party at my gym and foudn out they hired a yoga instructor (and got rid of pilates.) I think we are going to start in Jan. Whoopee!

Hows it goin Sister Shae? Hope all is well for you and yours!!!

Feeling good tonight. But my arms are a bit sore. :lol: Did 20 of the plank, up dog, down dog combo and played with the side plank pose. Did fine with that modifyed for each side but when I tried the full fledged side plank, I could get 5 breaths in on my right side and 4 on the left! I never got that far in that pose. I'm extremely proud of myself for doing this. :)

Back