• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Steroid Effects - What do they really do?

BulkBoy

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am not any person to talk about steroids - as I really know nothing about them. But it seems to me that any person I know that is taking steroids have gotten bigger and have been gaining pounds - but not getting any strength gains. Maybe these people don't know what they are doing - but I am just curious, can someone explain to me what steroids REALLY do when they are used correctly, and, if used inproperly, can they just make you get bigger, not stronger?

when you first hop on a cycle, before your strength gains come the estrogen can build up and may hold water weight in the body...... moreso blowing up the body.... this though doesn't equate out to strength.... the strength comes with the length of the cycle.... maybe your looking at someone who just started?

Steroids raise your testosterone levels artificially so that your body can build muscle and recover much faster than without steroids. Whether you are on steroids or not, the way you lift determines what kind of gains that you will get. If you are lifting bodybuilding style, you are aiming for gains with little regard for strength gains. These workouts usually consist of high rep workouts focusing on isolating muscle groups. One the other hand, powerlifting style workouts use more compound exercises such as bench, squat, and deadlifting to focus on strength gains. These workouts usually include low rep sets trying to lift as much as possible.

There are also certain steroids that are used primarily for size gains while other are best suited for strength gains. This could be a factor in the people that you know, as well.

"the way you lift determines what kind of gains that you will get."

I think the way you eat is way more important, personally.

brogers said:
"the way you lift determines what kind of gains that you will get."

I think the way you eat is way more important, personally.

I will second that...

But he was getting at the difference between lifting for size and lifting for strength....given the diet is the same, the different styles of training will yeild completely different results.

the correct use of anabolics should increase strength levels drastically

Back