PDA

View Full Version : Permanent HPTA Damage to AAS Users

Tha Don
12-30-2005, 12:19 PM
i read this today posted on another board

I have read many posts on damage to HPTA through using AAS on long cycles e.g. 12wks + but there seems to be little debate as to whether short cycles at high doses can result in HPTA damage. As we know the longer we suppress our bodies owns production of LHRH through the use of AAS the greater the risk of causing damage to our HPTA. However, I have found recently that through using 50mg Winstrol tabs and 40 mg Dbol per day over a five week period has resulted in the lowering of my bodies owns production of LHRH and test levels have been as low as 4.3 nmol/L. My body has shown few signs of recovery some 4.5 mths later and my Endocrinologist seems to think im destined for HRT.

I have used AAS on and off for 7 years with great effect using low does and giving myself plenty of rest between courses (12 wks+). I believe that over the years I have gradually damaged my HPTA and the last course which was abnormally high for me, finished the job. I seem to be at a point of no return and despite referring to published literature on the use of AAS I was never aware that I could cause permanent damage to my HPTA. There is plenty of literature relating to the obvious side affects such as acne through to liver disease but on the most important area, the brain, there is very little.

AAS use is definitely on the increase in the UK and speaking to up and coming BBS I have encountered numerous examples who are totally unaware that they can permanently damage their HPTA through the use of AAS and inhibit the bodies own production of LHRH, (which as we know is used to secrete LH which inevitably leads to the production of testosterone in the scrotum). I therefore note my findings as a warning to all AAS users in that every time we switch off our bodies production of testosterone we risk never being able to restore it back to normal levels after discontinued use of AAS and of course PCT.

I believe that more and more BBS using AAS over a reasonable period will end up on HRT for life and probably will never know the true side effects of using gear until its too late. Pouring hormones into our own body is a risky business and once we have damaged our own natural supply we cannot exactly slip a band aid over it and nurse it back to health like a sprained ankle.

Many young guys look up to professional bodybuilders as something to aim for and think if they can use AAS and get away with it then so can I. While I am not a doctor and have no evidence to support this theory it is my belief that many pros are where they are today, because their own bodies have superior genetics and can withstand the high androgenic abuse. Not all men are genetically the same hence why so many have fallen ill or even died because of steriods. I suggest that certain BBS should read up on HRT and its associated risks along with the affects of low testosterone and HPTA damage before considering their next cycle.

Low testosterone levels have had very damaging effects on both my personal and professional life and by producing this post I hope that some of you will learn and not have to go through the same problems as me.

Good Luck.
http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/Permanent_HPTA_Damage_to_AAS_Users/m_861570/tm.htm

any thoughts?

i didn't think permenant HPTA damage was possible from sensible recreational AAS use? could it be that this guy has just suffered poor recovery from his last cycle and his T will eventually recover back to normal levels? could he be BS'ing about his lengthly time off periods? or could he infact be correct somehow?

PWGriffin
12-30-2005, 12:50 PM
i read this today posted on another board

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/Permanent_HPTA_Damage_to_AAS_Users/m_861570/tm.htm

any thoughts?

i didn't think permenant HPTA damage was possible from sensible recreational AAS use? could it be that this guy has just suffered poor recovery from his last cycle and his T will eventually recover back to normal levels? could he be BS'ing about his lengthly time off periods? or could he infact be correct somehow?

Don't know...maybe he didn't do PCT very well post cycle. Maybe he had low test levels to begin with. I know people who are on HRT that NEVER did AAS...

GFR
12-30-2005, 01:35 PM
I have found recently that through using 50mg Winstrol tabs and 40 mg Dbol per day over a five week period has resulted in the lowering of my bodies owns production of LHRH and test levels have been as low as 4.3 nmol/L. My body has shown few signs of recovery some 4.5 mths later and my Endocrinologist seems to think im destined for HRT.

This guy is a total idiot for doing the above mentioned cycle......after reading that I lost interest in anything this tool has to say.

Mudge
12-30-2005, 03:48 PM
I've heard claims of HRT folks who said tren or deca use has done them in.

Like most things in life, not everyone is the same.

brogers
12-30-2005, 04:08 PM
He's probably mid 30s. Judging by his cycle I'd say he's been irresponsible too.

Dumb steroid cycles+age=low testosterone.

Anadrol is given to people for 3-6 months in legimate medicine, you'd think there would be a huge amount of data on perm HPTA damage from it (though I have not stumbled upon any).

The body is extremely resilient, truly an amazing creation.

Mudge
12-30-2005, 07:35 PM
In men permanent damage seems to be far less likely in terms of hormonal production or sexual side effects, in women pretty permanent sexual related changes can take place.

Tough Old Man
01-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Shit I'm glad I'm 53 years old and don't give a shit as I plan on Hrt for the rest of my life anyways. Fuck things could be a lot worst then injecting test @ 100 mgs or a little more ea week.

Tough