• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

protein shakes

modiba

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ii have been taking extra proteins from protein milkshakes. is this a waste of money in your opinion? i havent seen any improvements and ive been doing it 4 about a month. is this too short notice?

I feel that protien shakes are benificial. Being the only suppliment I take, I have nonetheless seen some improvements over the course of the two weeks I have taken Whey protien suppliments. More improvement than the 4 weeks I lifted before I even heard of protein shakes.

Originally posted by modiba
ii have been taking extra proteins from protein milkshakes. is this a waste of money in your opinion? i havent seen any improvements and ive been doing it 4 about a month. is this too short notice?
what's your diet look like..what else do you eat?? how much do you eat??

Re: Re: protein shakes

Originally posted by Tank316
what's your diet look like..what else do you eat?? how much do you eat??

And how long have you been lifting?? If your just starting, like I think, It will take a while before you start seeing growth.

No, it's not a waste of money. But just because you add some protein shakes to your diet does mean miracles are going to happen.
Let's see a sample of your daily diet, and your weekly work-out rountine.

Protien shakes aren`t going to do shyt for you unless they help put you up to your daily required protien intake.

If you require 300g of protien a day, and you`re taking ....say three 100%WHEY sakes with milk....very ruffly 100g, and thats the only protien you`re taking.......sorry it ain`t gonna work.

If however you are EATING eggs, chicken etc etc etc.........that add up to a total of 200g, and then you add onto that your 100g of shakes....well, you`ve reached your number and you should slowly start seeing results ( depending on a heap of other things like under/over training etc ).

thanks alot. if i tell u my diet can i get sum advice on wot more to eat?

Nice fuking sig kuso! lmao!

Modiba...yes, post your diet, stats & goals...we can help :)

i eat about 2000 calories a day. and take 2 protein milk shakes each adding 15g of protein to my diet.

my arms are just over 13 inches when tense. i weigh just under 70 kg. i can bench press 90kg on the multi gym and about 65/70kg on free weights.

i turned 17 in feb. i want to bulk up, but understand that ive still got a year of growth. i am just starting to work on my lats, and want to increase my waist. it is currently at 32 inches.

im looking for sum advice on how much to eat, and a good routine to have. i have been going to the gym for just under a year but have not been doing it regularly for a year. on and off in sets of 2/3 months.

anything else i should say? thanks for your help. i really appreciate it!:)

IML Gear Cream!
bfast: 3 weetabix, glass of fruit juice.
lunch: chicken sandwhich wiv salad innit (just over 600 calories)
packet of crisps, small bottle of coke.
dinner: cooked meal, either plate of spag bolognese, or chicken and rice (normally always pasta, or chicken)

workout:
BENCH PRESS:
20 x 25kg
20 x 25kg
12 x 40kg
12 x 40kg
12 x 50kg
12 x 50kg

BICEP CURLS:
3 sets of 15 reps on each arm of 9kg

ABS:
60 situps slowly (reps of 20)

i do this 5 x a week. but ive heard i should only be doing it 3 max. so will reduce.
thanks

Originally posted by modiba
bfast: 3 weetabix, glass of fruit juice.
lunch: chicken sandwhich wiv salad innit (just over 600 calories)
packet of crisps, small bottle of coke.
dinner: cooked meal, either plate of spag bolognese, or chicken and rice (normally always pasta, or chicken)

workout:
BENCH PRESS:
20 x 25kg
20 x 25kg
12 x 40kg
12 x 40kg
12 x 50kg
12 x 50kg

BICEP CURLS:
3 sets of 15 reps on each arm of 9kg

ABS:
60 situps slowly (reps of 20)

i do this 5 x a week. but ive heard i should only be doing it 3 max. so will reduce.
thanks

That's your entire work-out?
Sample Work-out

I have no idea what a weetabix is? Either way, your diet appears to be lacking in protein and calories.

:eek:

Read this!!!

And read the sticky at the top of the forum called fat loss tips...there's lots of information there on nutrition and what you should eat.

You need to eat more often, more food, more protein! Ditch that coke...or at the very least switch it to diet!

yeh thats my work out for 1 day. i then rotate and work a different group of muscles. should i be spending more time? doing more of smaller weights or less of heavier weights?

that's too many sets - bench will only get you so far, you'll make a lot faster gains overall by spreading things out more

lots will say otherwise, but IMO you only need 3-4 sets of each exercise, then move on to another to hit a different muscle group, or at least the same muscle group from a different angle

what's a kg anyways :)

what does LOL mean kuso.

jokin

just jokin about the kg too - just such a rare system of units in my parts

really though, i wish the whole world would adopt the metric system and make it easier on the rest of us - multiplying by 10 is way easy.

BTW (by the way) modiva, you're not eating nearly enough food to grow if that's your goal - spread it out into 6 meals if you can - i know, it sounds nuts and is friggin hard to do for the first while - plus the fact that everyone makes fun of me that i'm off to eat every two hours, but i'm still gaining weight and getting stronger, so screw it

maybe you're still in school being only 17, bring some protein bars in with you

get into a system, and do not underestimate how important eating is to growth - i know so many friends who tell me they eat all the time and don't grow, then i follow these guys around, and yeah they eat maybe one big meal a day, but hardly anything but that, and they're confused as to why they're not growing?

it doesnt have to be 6 big meals a day, but if you're not full and about to puke, eat more.

(actually , don't take that too literally, stop if you start to get really really fat)

Back