• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need bench and curling help

Star_Scream

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
First, I'm a 16 year old kid so don't laugh when I give out my stats since all you guys are crazy professional types. Okay, bench wise I need to get my max up. It's the weirdest thing in the world, I can rep 155 twelve times but I can't max 215. Which is what I want to do. And with curling I can't do 12 reps of 70 pounds, and I've done drop sets a lot and have yet to go up from 10 reps. Any techniques or any other advice would be great. I take protein, creatine, and I am about to get some glutamine this Friday.

Squat.

Train the rest of yuor body you moron.

By the way, what is your sig from?

Ever hear of squats?

Or doing less than 12 reps if you're intent on being a curl jockey?

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Squat.

Train the rest of yuor body you moron.

By the way, what is your sig from?

Harsh but true, do you train the rest of your body, legs back etc??
What's your routine like now?

Welcome to IM!!!:thumb:

Okay, here it goes...

Day 1 = Bench, Incline Bench, Military Presses, various tricep exercises.

Day 2 = Lat Pull Downs, Cable Rows, Curls, and various forearm exercises.

Day 3 = Squats, Calve exercises, various lower back exercises, various abdominal exercises.

Day 4, 5, and 6 are the same as 1, 2, and 3. I take the 7th day off.

Interesting that you should mention to work out other muscle groups, I've been laying off my back because of a injury and haven't been squatting because it was interferring with my running. Would not working out those muscle groups somehow affect gains in others?

Oh, and my signature is from a Smashing Pumpkins song. I would recommend "Today" and "Zero" to newbies. Anyone like Fugazi?

Yeah, don't take it as offensive, i'm like that everyone - especially my "special" person on this board...

And yeah i thought i recognised that line. But dude, as good as zero is, Bodies is the best track on the album!

First off, TCD, I thought I was your special person........Where's my kiss????? :lol:

Star_Scream, it looks to me like your doing to much, your lifting 6 time a week plus it sounds like you run alot.
Not enough rest and to much cardio will probably keep you from progressing in your lifts after you've gotten past the newbie gains.
I'd cut your lifting back to 3 or 4 days a week, if your going to continue running maybe you could do it on off lifting days.
Other things that could be effecting you lifting is pore diet, probably the most important thing for B/builders next to rest/recovery.

Finally someone new around here that is actually interesed in some advice. Sounds like you guys got this one covered.

Howdy !!!!!

I also don't do as many sets as you guys, I'm not really a weight lifter, just more of your average athletic guy. I'm not as high intensity as you guys, I might do 8 sets tops. Usually it's 4 or 5.

IML Gear Cream!
Trasformers more much more than meets the eye!

So your saying you only do 4-5 sets per exercise or per workout???
When someone says 8-10 sets for large muscle and 4-6 for small, they're talking about the whole workout NOT per exercise.

2-3 sets per exercise is what most do for say 2 - 4 exercises for a total of 6-12 total sets per workout.

Back