• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Newbie nutrition

samba

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Have I got this right?

You need carbs for energy and protein for muscle growth.

What is fat for do I need it?

Is there anything else you really need.

I know they are simple questions but any help would be appreciated.

Good article...it is also recommended by any body that fats compose about 20% of your daily calories. Remember, however that fat has 9 calories per gram and protein and carbs only have 4 when you are doing your daily totals. Also, only about 10% of your fats should come from saturated fat (ie. butter, etc.).

Saturated fat is not the concern it used to be in low insulin space. And it's quite possible to have a healthy diet consuming more than 20% of your calories in the form of fat.

I agree, I'm just using the RDA's to give someone a good starting point!:D

Glucosamine

Ive read about glucosamine, apparently it helps strengththen the joints. Do any of you guys recomend taking it. Ive been getting some pain in my elbow joint during tricep push downs and thought this might help.

It will certainly help! Sounds like you are starting to get tendonitis. You need to lay off for awhile and take it easy! Believe me, I have been dealing with it for a year now. Everytime I work triceps, its sore!

Cheers dg806

What is tendonitis? It only hurts when I work out my triceps. Should I carry on working the biceps or does it require a complete rest to get rid of it for good.

The more rest you get, the faster you will heal. Try lowering the weight and slowing the speed at which you lift until you don't feel pain anymore.

Thanks for the advice.

Im going to take it easy on the triceps workouts over the next week. I love bodybuilding and get a massive buzz after it a work out. I really dont want to have to stop because of injury.

Im also going to try the glucosamine but it is expensive £10 for 15 days supply.

IML Gear Cream!
dodgy punctuation

oopss... supposed to be massive buzz after a work out. W8lifters thigh were distracting me. Need to type slower.

Re: dodgy punctuation

Originally posted by samba
oopss... supposed to be massive buzz after a work out. W8lifters thigh were distracting me. Need to type slower.

LMAO! :eek:

Back