• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

index finger twitching

maxpro2

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
For about 4 days now my right index finger has been twitching at random periods throughout the day. It does not hurt, just is weird. Any insights on why this is happening?

Any chance you spend a lot of time on the computer - more so lately, perhaps?

Sounds neurological, maybe carpal tunnel related - thats what I came up with when I went a-googling.

Unless you're pregnant, and then it would be an eclampsic condition, related to a magnesium deficiency and calcium efflux issues.

If the condition persists - and you alter triggering conditions, I suggest you see your physician.

The index finger is usually supplied by the ulnar nerve so carpal tunnel syndrome is unlikely without affecting the first three fingers. (median nerve compression in carpal tunnel.) You are describing benign fasiculations. Many times it is medication or supplement related. (Some people taking stimulants for ADD or weight loss etc. will develop strange isolated muscle fasciculations.)

I do spend a lot of time on the computer each day, but I don't think this time has significantly increased in the last week. I'm not pregnant lol. The only stimulant I have is a cup of coffee in the morning, not taking any mediation or other supplements.

That is odd, when you feel your index finger twitching if you at the same time point at something like to a person far away, can you keep a steady finger?

Vieope said:
That is odd, when you feel your index finger twitching if you at the same time point at something like to a person far away, can you keep a steady finger?

No it kept twitching when I did this.

I found references to pointing device use and this spasming. *shrug* Maybe its catching up with you.

Other than that, look of changes in routine, maybe grip exercises, that might be aggravating a repetitive use condition.

Hopefully you don't have to wield a gun in your job. BANG,BANG,BANG,BANG,BANG "Oops, sorry guys, twitchy trigger finger."

MWpro said:
No it kept twitching when I did this.
I thought it was due to anxiety or other psychological reason so it would stop if you focused on it. But I guess it is really a nerve problem.

Did you go to see a doctor?

The index finger is usually supplied by the ulnar nerve so carpal tunnel syndrome is unlikely without affecting the first three fingers. (median nerve compression in carpal tunnel.) You are describing benign fasiculations. Many times it is medication or supplement related. (Some people taking stimulants for ADD or weight loss etc. will develop strange isolated muscle fasciculations.)
No no no. The ulna nerve relates to the pinky and 1/2 of the ring finger. Not the index. Please, if you are guessing, do not write it down

IML Gear Cream!
No no no. The ulna nerve relates to the pinky and 1/2 of the ring finger. Not the index. Please, if you are guessing, do not write it down

This thread hasn't been posted in for 4 years. Thanks for the input, but i don't think it's relevant anymore.

Back