• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Abs By Vince!

Dr. Pain

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just found my copy of Vince Gironda's, "The New Revised Master Abdominal Course"

an excerpt:

"I compare metabolism to a lamp wick. If your metabolic rate low, it is like a lamp wick that's turned down. It gives off a feeble flickering flame and it smokes because it is not burning properly (lack of oxygen). So it is with your metablic rate. If it is too low, you do not burn food properly, so you store it as fat. If your metabolic rate is high, the food you eat is burned as energy instead of being stored as fat!

The body builder with his limited references would attempt to solve this problem by including hundred of sit-ups and leg raises to his program. Also he would employ high reps on every body part, with little or no thought of diet and supplements. I have discovered that high reps and daily working the abdominals produce a smooth bloated look - due to excessive hormone loss.

------------------------------------------------

This 28 page manual is ancient, but loaded with exercises for abs (concentrating on isolation and contraction), mental tricks, exercise and diet, tips, and Vince's take on certain supps!

He disagreed with doing abs on a bulk, that sidebends trim the waistline, and that abs should be worked any differently than other muscles.

He was also way ahead of his times when he insists on page 24, calling it a myth that "Eating fat causes you to get fat" He says, "quite the contrary, fat burns fat!"

DP

gironda.jpg

First exercise: These are much harder than they look, expel your air and squeeze!

situp.gif

Same with this one, blow and hold, pull your sternum though your back! The longer you hold it with your air expelled, the more it hurts! Try it!

vacuum.gif

Follow the diagrams! This is my favorite!

rollup.gif

situp2.gif

doubleup.gif

frog.gif

legrise.gif

This one above says "Hands on table beneath hips."

hiproll.gif

Sorry some text got cut off, the bottom line says "This movement also requires that you suck in your abdomen as you perform it!

Well that's it, sorry the diet is too HARDCORE to post!

DP

Vacuums helped me a lot when i got closer to my show. It also help on poses like front double biceps shot. Makes waist tiny and upper body blown up.

BUMP!

I tried these last night out of curiousity and OMG :eek2: I haven't felt a burn in my abs like this in a long time. :thumb:

DP .......I posted the following at the "best abdominal exercise thread", but maybe this is a better thread to ask you on , since it's yours, LOL....Repeat:)

DP............I checked out your "Abs By Vince", is that more for male body builders, any recommendations for me????????? I want to lose fat and build muscle, something I can do more than once a week, or what ever is recommended, this is my problem area, thanks.......

Originally posted by katie64
DP .......I posted the following at the "best abdominal exercise thread", but maybe this is a better thread to ask you on , since it's yours, LOL....Repeat:)

DP............I checked out your "Abs By Vince", is that more for male body builders, any recommendations for me????????? I want to lose fat and build muscle, something I can do more than once a week, or what ever is recommended, this is my problem area, thanks.......

Katie...the following what? I answered something on Ab Boot Camp...will look again :D

Abs are for everyone, Ann's 15 year old son, you , me, everyone......the only thing is just as there are beginner, intermediate and advanced exercises in general BB, the same applies to ab work! Injury can result w/o proper form or trying an exercise that is to difficult for your level.....these :D

DP

Originally posted by Dr. Pain
Katie...the following what?

It was the bottom of that reply where it sarted again with DP, I just didn't get the quote right

I answered something on Ab Boot Camp...will look again :D

Yes you did answer on the boot camp, that's why I was asking if Vince's was good for women as well, thanks

I just want to do what's right for my body:(

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
and this..........bump....:)

Back