• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Chicken Salad

Pylon

Squishy
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Something for the warm afternoons....

1.5lb chicken breast
2 T salt
1/4 c grapes, halved
1/4 chopped pecans, toasted
1/4 c NF yogurt
1/4 light mayo or miracle whip
1.5t curry powder
1 T lime juice

Simmer chicken in water with salt for 15 min. Allow to cool, then dice fine or shred.

In large bowl, combine juice, yogurt, mayo and curry. Add chicken and mix well. Fold in grapes and pecans.

makes 4 large servings:

Cal: 242
Pro: 36
Carb:7
Fat:9.25

*Bread choice not included as there are too many options, but this goes very nice on whole wheat.

I am still playing with this a bit. I think it may be ok to drop the mayo and go with .5 c yogurt, but not sure yet.

I usually do my chicken salad with chicken, diced celery, l. canola mayo, and black pepper. This recipes looks good though.
Ingredients
2 cups cooked, cold, shredded chicken
1 cup sliced celery
2 whole lemon's juice
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup yogurt
Steps
Mix all items together

My wife refuses to eat celery, and I refuse to eat onions, so I'm not sure how well that one would go over. :laugh:

I picked up some imitation crab and lobster on sale this week, and am planning on taking a shot at this again today using it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Celery expends more calories than it gives so that would be good on a cut. I prefer my own salad with salad leaves, cucumber and spinach.

Update:

I've found you can get away with just the NF yogurt, but you need to add a teaspoon or so of brown sugar (or Splenda brown) for a little sweetness. Not the same, but still good.

I thought I was the only one using some yogurt in my chicken salad,it really is very good!

if you have not tried this recipe or similar one give it a try!

Back